Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The fools that cheer this on show themselves to the world for the fools they are.

This place gets more useless by the day. Capricious moderation, trolling, crazy LWNJs without the sense most humans are born with. Pathetic.
Do you still live in California? I do remember you once said you have moved away from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Here are the provisions that have been approved by the California State Senate.
  • The state Department of Justice must notify local law enforcement agencies when a person purchases more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition.
  • SB 47 by Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, bans so-called “bullet buttons” that are used to get around current laws banning detachable magazines.
  • SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, to create new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition. Buyers will also have to submit to a $50 permit fee to buy Ammo.
  • An additional 10 percent tax on all ammunition sold in California
  • SB 374 by Steinberg, D-Sacramento, to ban detachable magazines in rifles. (Yep, even a Ruger 10/22 will be considered an illegal assault weapon)
  • SB 396 by Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, to prohibit possession of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
  • SB 567 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara, to change the definition of certain kinds of shotguns to make them assault weapons, thus making them illegal in California.
  • SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate.
  • SB 755 by Sen. Lois Wolk, D-Davis, to increase the number of crimes – including offenses related to drug addiction, alcoholism and others – that result in a 10-year ban on being allowed to own a gun.
Basically just another money-grab for the government that will ultimately do nothing to stop violent gun crimes at the hands of lunatics, all Dummycrat voter approved.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:12 PM

774 posts, read 2,601,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
ah, crap. Wish I'd have gotten out of this state when I had the chance.

California Passes Sweeping Gun Control: $50 Ammo Permit Fee, No Detachable Magazines or Mags over 10 rounds | The Daily Sheeple

Here are the provisions that have been approved by the California State Senate.
  • The state Department of Justice must notify local law enforcement agencies when a person purchases more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition.
  • SB 47 by Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, bans so-called “bullet buttons” that are used to get around current laws banning detachable magazines.
  • SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, to create new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition. Buyers will also have to submit to a $50 permit fee to buy Ammo.
  • An additional 10 percent tax on all ammunition sold in California
  • SB 374 by Steinberg, D-Sacramento, to ban detachable magazines in rifles. (Yep, even a Ruger 10/22 will be considered an illegal assault weapon)
  • SB 396 by Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, to prohibit possession of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
  • SB 567 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara, to change the definition of certain kinds of shotguns to make them assault weapons, thus making them illegal in California.
  • SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate.
  • SB 755 by Sen. Lois Wolk, D-Davis, to increase the number of crimes – including offenses related to drug addiction, alcoholism and others – that result in a 10-year ban on being allowed to own a gun.

Seriously...... If I were you i'd pack my stuff and get out while you still can. I've seen some stupidity in the last few months living here in IL with all the gun grabbers but thankfully it blew up in their faces and we just passed concealed carry here. Doesn't look like you guys are going to be as lucky anytime soon. Taking your CCW privileges away completely is just around the corner the way things are going.

Move one state to the right and call it a better living... Best thing we could wish for it for CA to cease to exist.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Feel good laws thinking as always there is a non-human solution to a human violence problem in modern society. They can't control drugs so what makes them think this will work when the norm now is to ignore laws you don't agree with.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:20 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate.
The real question is why isn't it already a law to require gun owners to take a safety class? While they're at it they should include a test on gun laws as there are so many idiots who have guns but don't know the first thing about gun laws for the state.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:36 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Meh, not all cities are successful.

Like Camden, NJ ?

Old 06-02-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Like Camden, NJ ?
Very much like Camden, that city literally has nothing going for it and little to no chance of ever getting out of their mess of a city.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:12 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
So California isn't a State but actually the creators of Federal Law? That is news to me. So you are basically saying you support State Rights when you agree with them.
I am having doubts about your ability to understand the basic English in these posts. Either that or using "Mr. Strawman" is your entire quiver.

California is a State - one of 50 (not 57 as Obama stated).

I agree with states's powers (only people have rights).The Constituion provided an over-arching Federal government with limited powers (See Article I Section 8 for a listing thereof). All other rights and powers (under the 10th Amerndment) are reserved for the states and the people. Basically, a central (Federal) government whose jurisdiction was a mile-wide and an inch deep, with the bulk of governance stemming from the States and local entities.

However, the Bill of Rights preserves certain inalienable fights intended to be sacrosanct from intrusion. Originally, there were 12 Articiles to the Bill of Rights, but only 10 were ratified. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is found in the second of those ratified Amendments, and is the guardian for all the rest.

Try some debate tactic other than misrepresenting what I say and then saying that is what I said. It is call "The Strawman", and is, as you already know, a LIE.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I am having doubts about your ability to understand the basic English in these posts. Either that or using "Mr. Strawman" is your entire quiver.

California is a State - one of 50 (not 57 as Obama stated).

I agree with states's powers (only people have rights).The Constituion provided an over-arching Federal government with limited powers (See Article I Section 8 for a listing thereof). All other rights and powers (under the 10th Amerndment) are reserved for the states and the people. Basically, a central (Federal) government whose jurisdiction was a mile-wide and an inch deep, with the bulk of governance stemming from the States and local entities.

However, the Bill of Rights preserves certain inalienable fights intended to be sacrosanct from intrusion. Originally, there were 12 Articiles to the Bill of Rights, but only 10 were ratified. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is found in the second of those ratified Amendments, and is the guardian for all the rest.

Try some debate tactic other than misrepresenting what I say and then saying that is what I said. It is call "The Strawman", and is, as you already know, a LIE.
Well if the Supreme Courts rules this as unconstitutional, then it would be reversed, but nonetheless, good for California with this.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:32 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Like Camden, NJ ?
There's a long list of cities that mirror Camden.

Quote:
Because that would magically make it no longer be a state? Oh and don't worry, I know you closet Republicans are ashamed to admit to being a Con, but you can hide behind the Libertarian label if that makes you feel better.
I don't label myself anything; I don't like labels. Whatever you would label these criteria for an America I run, however, I am:

For example:

EVERY illegal alien deported immediately. "Anchor babies" are given very limited rights.

No tolerance for career criminals.

You are not allowed to vote unless you have a college degree or take a VERY difficult test on American history and politics, or prove your IQ is a minimum of average, or higher.

Isolationism: every troop around the globe comes home tomorrow.

Drill into the core of America until we hit the other side of the globe.

No more foreign aid whatsoever, unless specifics largely help America as much as it does those aided.

Welfare must be kept to a minimum and those on it must work.

Women (and men) who continue to have children with no means to support them are either jailed or sterilized.

Decentralization of the federal government with better states' rights.

I could go on, but you sort of get my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies