Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
It's such an outlandish claim that the burden is on you to substantiate it. Using sworn enemies of the U.S. and its allies as a credible source of info is ludicrous and not acceptable as proof.
Why do you say it is outlandish John? Bush has made quotes about God and Freedom and the Middle East all over the place. Seems to me this is right in line with something he would say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Why do you say it is outlandish John? Bush has made quotes about God and Freedom and the Middle East all over the place. Seems to me this is right in line with something he would say.
How does this increase the credibility of the words of Palestinian officials?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
It's such an outlandish claim that the burden is on you to substantiate it. Using sworn enemies of the U.S. and its allies as a credible source of info is ludicrous and not acceptable as proof.

So no enemy of the US has ever uttered a word of truth? I think that's quite a simplistic view of the world.

There are any number of references out there of Bush's real or imagined conversations with God including this from Bruce Bartlett, a former Domestivc Policy Adviser to Reagan:

''Just in the past few months,'' Bartlett said, ''I think a light has gone off for people who've spent time up close to Bush: that this instinct he's always talking about is this sort of weird, Messianic idea of what he thinks God has told him to do.'' Bartlett, a 53-year-old columnist and self-described libertarian Republican who has lately been a champion for traditional Republicans concerned about Bush's governance:

In that light alone I don't find the BBC story a stretch, or will you claim this is an enemy of the US speaking and not a credible source. Do some searching about Bush's purported conversations with God, the man scares me.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
How does this increase the credibility of the words of Palestinian officials?

And how do they lose credibility merely by nationality? I know damn well that American politicians have lied at times so why should I not believe that others have told the truth at times?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And how do they lose credibility merely by nationality? I know damn well that American politicians have lied at times so why should I not believe that others have told the truth at times?
These people are motivated to make us and/or our President look as bad as possible and/or kill us. Just because a witness at a trial has told the truth previously, hearsay evidence is still not admissible for a reason, especially from those who have the motivation to lie.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Talk to a soldier.

I work in a military environment as a contractor. I know lots of soldiers. I talk with them. They would beg to differ with you.

Try something other than Faux news, the world might look different to you.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:37 PM

132 posts, read 244,778 times
Who was the last American president who did NOT lie to the American people - and to the world - about major issues ?
I thought it was a pre-requisite for office ..... ?

Old 11-05-2007, 04:03 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Talk to a soldier.

I work in a military environment as a contractor. I know lots of soldiers. I talk with them. They would beg to differ with you.

You must be talking to more of those "fake" soldiers, chielgirl.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Talk to a soldier.

Yeah and I am a vet that has been in action. I still have friends who are serving as we speak. The folks I know over there support the mission if not the politics. What they hate the most is how our own media portrays them as jack booted storm troopers. What they hate is how the libs fake concern for their well being when everyone knows there are very few things the libs hate worse than the military.
I don't believe much of what any politician says, they are liars by trade. But I can believe our own before the enemies any day of the week.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
These people are motivated to make us and/or our President look as bad as possible and/or kill us. Just because a witness at a trial has told the truth previously, hearsay evidence is still not admissible for a reason, especially from those who have the motivation to lie.

Here's some of Bush's typical false bravado:

"And as a result of the United States military, Taliban no longer is in existence.? "[Bush, 9/27/04]

That documents that he is a liar. He's motivated to make himself look good, it's a damn shame he can't do it truthfully. I know you're comfortable in your state of denial that this adminstration has not attempted to continualy associate Iraq with 9/11 but I ain't buying the lies of this misleader and his cohorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies