Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

What differences in policy would there be?

What effects on society would those changes cause?

What (if any) would be the downsides of the new "perfect" government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:32 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

That's easy.

The new government is the one always intended by the Constitution.

No unlimited legislative powers courtesy of the Commerce Clause and no legislating from the courts.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Policy? Well first there would be no more illegal residents. No more visas given for those that could be replaced by Americans.
I thnk this could free up many jobs. I also like Bermuda's welfare system. You must work at something in order to get assistance. You cannot do nothing.

This is to exclude disabled persons. I do believe in disability programs. We, as a country, need to get back to looking out for and providing for our own. We do not do this now and cannot afford this anymore.

Anchor babies would no longer be a reason to be allowed to stay. If you aren't a citizen and have a citizen child, you should have the choice to take the child back with you wherever you may be from or have the child placed in our foster care.

Further, we should have policies in place that make it tougher for imported goods to be brought here for sale and easier to produce ourselves. That is if we can. There may be some goods we simply cannot produce due to climate or whatever reason and that would have an exemption.

I think it has become too easy to import things, including people, than to make it easier to keep our country home grown. We rely way too much on outside influence.

Also, unless a country is a direct threat to us, we should stay out of their domestic conflicts.

I realize my ideas are simplistic, but feel they would be a great step toward having a strong, self sufficient nation.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
I would be excited instead of being dismayed when pay day comes and I see that the government didn't rob me of so much of my wages. I'd be so happy at the grocery store because the hordes wouldn't be there greedily heaping their carts with junk they paying for with food stamp cards. The border would be enforced and I'd hear English spoken again.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's easy.

The new government is the one always intended by the Constitution.

No unlimited legislative powers courtesy of the Commerce Clause and no legislating from the courts.
If those practices were not intended by the constitution, why were those two practices not banned by the constitution or have been banned durring our 230 year history?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:17 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

Nothing will be different, some people are very negative and will still find things to complain about.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
The only good government is state government. The feds need to vanish. They haven't done their jobs in years and years. Only in American government could pure incompetence be rewarded with another term and higher salary.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 AM

20 posts, read 17,494 times
In the future, great ideas like peace, freedom, sovereignty, responsibility and health will be the "nation" that all "governments" belong to since these ideas are reflective of the needs of life. "Government" will once again be something joyful and local enough so that EVERYONE has the opportunity to participate. It will operate by ordinary people, nearly all people will be involved, for the betterment of all. It will be small enough so that it's not able to force anything on anyone, anywhere.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
I wake up tomorrow and the government is perfect--IT'S DISAPPEARED.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
"Imagine You Wake Up Tomorrow and The Government is Perfect. Describe it."

very small
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies