Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
There are a number of posters here who oppose homosexuality for one reason or another. I'm wondering which best describes their position.

1. Homosexuality is an illness. Affected individuals must be cured through prayer and/or other means. Any person experiencing same-sex attractions must recognize that they're sick and get help accordingly.

2. There is no such thing as sexual orientation. Homosexuals simply choose to ignore their natural state, (heterosexuality is the only thing that naturally exists), and pervert themselves with strange flesh.

3. People may experience same-sex attractions and may even have a homosexual orientation. However, actually practicing this behavior is sinful and affected individuals must either remain celibate or have relations within an opposite-sex framework.

4. Any others?

Also, a couple of other questions:

5. Do you believe that any experiencing same-sex attractions who truly repents of them, even assuming they occur again, is truly forgiven and can be made right with God, the church, or conservative society?

6. Do you believe that it is okay for people to remain single for their lives, or is it everybody's duty in conservative society to marry and have children?

Thanks for answering everyone.
What's the purpose of this thread? Exposing ignorance, prejudice and hatred? Or promoting it?

Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier agrees with 2, 5, and the first part of 6.
Virgin. Maybe abstaining is good for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It's not a sin? Since when?
Since your bible does not apply to EVERYONE.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What's the purpose of this thread? Exposing ignorance, prejudice and hatred? Or promoting it?
It is the same as all the rest of these threads started by people who do not like gays and they keep getting away with it. Yet let one thread get started by someone who does not oppose us and it gets shut down. There is a lot of bias here and some of it by the moderators. Bible thumpers forget that we all do not believe in their bible and it does not apply to every US citizen. Wish they would learn to keep their nonsense to themselves and stop forcing it on everyone else. Live their own lives, not ours.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
I am trying to figure out how many, on CD have ever really said the oppose it and where is Op getting his idea? What is his point? What does he mean by opposing it. There is a difference between opposing certain aspects of something and totally opposing it. I oppose having sex in public, but I do not oppose sex. I happen to be opposed to too much Gay marriage, but I don't care what a person does in private and I don't like seeing anyone discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. So OP, maybe you need to explain what you really want from this post and why you posted it?

Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Missionary.

LOL...

Buttered side up!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
To those who say they 'oppose' homosexuality, do you also 'oppose' left handedness? Because that makes as little sense to me.

You do realise that you are basically saying you 'oppose' the very existence of gay and lesbian people?

It's not as if homosexuals can change their sexual orientation by "praying away the gay" anymore than you can change yours.

Even evangelical Christian researchers acknowledge this:

“Characteristics of Mixed Orientation Couples: An Empirical Study"

http://wthrockmorton.com/2011/07/15/new-study-sexual-behavior-changes-but-not-sexual-orientation/

"While it was not a study of efforts to change, one could reasonably assume that if a group had participants who had shifted orientation very much, then this would be the group. However, that is not what they found"

Conservative Christian psychologist Dr Throckmorton says: "I think evangelicals need to face what evangelical academics are finding in research"

Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Most people who hate gay people are either gay themselves, or they had authoritarian parents.

Homophobe? You Hate Gays, Because You Are Gay, Yet Another Study Finds | The New Civil Rights Movement
I wouldn't say most, but some of them are. I think most are just hateful people who happen to pick gays among others.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am trying to figure out how many, on CD have ever really said the oppose it and where is Op getting his idea? What is his point? What does he mean by opposing it. There is a difference between opposing certain aspects of something and totally opposing it. I oppose having sex in public, but I do not oppose sex. I happen to be opposed to too much Gay marriage, but I don't care what a person does in private and I don't like seeing anyone discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. So OP, maybe you need to explain what you really want from this post and why you posted it?
What is "too much Gay marriage"?

You say you don't want people discriminated against because of their orientation, but you oppose "too much Gay marriage".

Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Personally, I...just...don't...CARE!
I wish EVERYBODY, homosexual and heterosexual alike, would take their sexuality back to the bedroom where it belongs!
And KEEP IT THERE!
I don't want to hear about it, I don't want to see it, and I certainly don't want my grandkids to be exposed to it.
Just go back to bed, and BE QUIET, all of you!

As for "gay marriage", I am all for it! Why should homosexuals get special privileges when it comes to relationships? Think about it; for years, all they had to do was go their separate ways when they wanted to. No lawyers, no courts, no "common law marriage", just split the sheets and go.
NOW, however, once they are "officially married", they can't do that! They have to hire a lawyer or two, they have to deal with community property, they have to decide who gets the kids (if any), who gets alimony (and for how long), then they have to go before a judge and see if the arrangements they have made meets the requirements of the State, and IF the Judge is happy with everything, they can go their separate ways. However, the State WILL be watching to make sure that the kids are properly taken care of, that all monetary payments are made, and to see to it that if and when the fionancial circumstances of either party change, the decree is changed to match, if the recipient of the payments so desires.
That is, IF the State where they reside has a law regarding same-sex divorce. It just might be that they can't get a divorce!
I think that is just GREAT!

Last edited by Redraven; 06-03-2013 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies