Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Both cops should be convicted of attempted murder. They are subhuman scum. How on earth are they still on the job?!!
They are still on the job because our government protects them rather than exposing the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
So much not provided here. If true, you do not have to sign a ticket. It's still valid even if you do not sign it. I don't believe for a second that everything failed on that particular day at that particular time.

IF true, not only should the officer be fired and charged with a crime, so should whoever had a hand in the video and radio logs dissapearing.

That said, he said he couldn't read the ticket and it seems he can't speak English? Now this is jumping to conclusions I do not know at this point but if he is unable to read English I do not want him driving a truck on the public roads. How does he get a CDL without being able to understand and read English?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,557,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
If you get pulled over by a cop, just comply with what they say and ignore your rights.
If you have a video camera though, you may be better off.

Truck Driver Nearly Beaten to Death By Police For Not Signing Traffic Ticket - YouTube

In order to get something to stick, they leveled a DUI charge at him, but it came back 0.0

So they said he was driving to many hours beyond regulations, which also was not true.

Both are still on the job a full 2 years after the incident. Olegs Kozacenko suffers long-term physical and emotional injuries and is no longer able to work.

"Just comply and do as they say, and never mind your rights."

The guy is lucky he did not get a bullet put in his head for not complying. (snicker)
AZZHO'S When did this happen and what do we know of an outcome. I cannot believe that officer is still out there working. Good God, what has to happen for this kind of thing to stop? I'd feel safer in Russia!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
That's just weird. I could see some small town PD doing something stupid like that but the CHP? Sheesh!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:40 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,223,924 times
This kind of garbage will continue to be common until citizens witnessing this pull weapons and eliminate these punk cops. This is total BS.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
News reporter says...A story very hard to beleive.

You havent been snooping around my neighborhood. Swift boot Justice crosses into all neighborhoods.

Houston, Now we have a problem.
Happens around here too.

There's a poster who was beaten by police on these forums.

I guess most people are just naive to some police tactics.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,955,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The problem I see here is the corp employing them then is punished. Getting it in place would be difficult I think. If people discuss and acknowledge CAFRs would seem to help.
I understand your concern, but it is not much different with what we have now, where many private business lobby our government to get a piece of the pie via contracts and other sweet deals:

Such as for profit prisons

The Number of People in Private Prisons Has Grown By 1,664% in the Last 19 Years

The Number of People in Private Prisons Has Grown By 1,664% in the Last 19 Years

Quote:
In 1984, the U.S. began its ongoing experiment with private prisons. Between 1990 and 2009, the inmate population of private prisons grew by 1,664%. Today approximately 130,000 people are incarcerated by for-profit companies. In 2010, annual revenues for two largest companies — Corrections Corporation of America and the GEO Group — were nearly $3 billion.

Companies that house prisoners for profit have a perverse incentive to increase the prison population by passing more laws, policing more heavily, sentencing more harshly, and denying parole. Likewise, there’s no motivation to rehabilitate prisoners; doing so is expensive, cuts into their profits, and decreases the likelihood that any individual will be back in the prison system. Accordingly, state prisons are much more likely than private prisons to offer programs that help prisoners: psychological interventions, drug and alcohol counseling, coursework towards high school or college diplomas, job training, etc.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So much not provided here. If true, you do not have to sign a ticket. It's still valid even if you do not sign it. I don't believe for a second that everything failed on that particular day at that particular time.

IF true, not only should the officer be fired and charged with a crime, so should whoever had a hand in the video and radio logs dissapearing.

That said, he said he couldn't read the ticket and it seems he can't speak English? Now this is jumping to conclusions I do not know at this point but if he is unable to read English I do not want him driving a truck on the public roads. How does he get a CDL without being able to understand and read English?
Agreed. He should be charged with attempted murder like any other civilian would.

When police break the law they should face civilian court, not internal investigations. I do not understand why we treat police like they are above the law.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,955,488 times
There are too many people in our government that are only after serving themselves and their cronies rather than serving the public.

Here is another example:

Pennsylvania Judge Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison for Selling Teens to Prisons

Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons - Detroit Crime | Examiner.com

Quote:
Disgraced Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for conspiring with private prisons to sentence juvenile offenders to maximum sentences for bribes and kickbacks which totaled millions of dollars. He was also ordered to pay $1.2 million in restitution.

In the private prison industry the more time an inmate spends in a facility, the more of a profit is reaped from the state. Ciavearella was a figurehead in a conspiracy in the state of Pennsylvania which saw thousands of young men and women unjustly punished and penalized in the name of corporate profit.

According to allgov.com Ciavearella's cases from 2003 - 2008 were reviewed by a special investigative panel and later by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and it was found that upwards of 5,000 young men and women were denied their constitutional rights, and therefore all of their convictions were dismissed and were summarily released.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,693,136 times
Police officers in the public are often the most dangerous people a person can encounter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies