Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 10:38 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times

Advertisements

Well, if Obama ordered this, he should resign. Clearly, that is an abuse of power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 10:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You are in full blinders mode, aren't you.
I'm not the one depending on hate-based phony accusations here.
Quote:
BTW, Benghazi is out of context here.
It's good that you recognize how totally bogus that whole witch hunt is.

It's not so good that you've latched onto this one like it isn't bogus.

Quote:
The IRS admitted they targeted conservative groups, what more evidence do you need?
Let's start with evidence of any illegal activity. Any at all.

I've heard tea pariers repeatedly claim that they're nonpartisan. On these tax exempt applications they claim to be "social welfare" organizations, not conservative groups. So, you're no saying those claims are all bogus? It's good that they've stopped lying about their overtly political activity. Maybe they should be looked at a little closer when trying to evade taxes.

Your move.
Quote:
We were lied to, that this was done by rogue agents in Ohio, know we know from interviews of agents in Ohio, that they were directed to go after these groups from their bosses in Washington DC.
Then you should have no trouble providing something besides your opinion to back up your claim.

Quote:
The US attorney general will probably resign over the phone records scandal, the IRS Commissioner has already resigned, and
Let's start with your first statement: The US attorney general will probably resign over the phone records scandal

Your personal hope, nothing more.

My personal prediction: If Holder resigns (unlikely) it won't be over that.

Your second statement: you sit their and claim there is nothing to any of these scandals.

It's false. I'm saying these "scandals" won't result in anything going back to the president. I don't like the IRS any more than you do. And they need to be scrutinized. I have no doubt they pull some rotten things, mostly against individual citizens who don't have the media connections to get their cases into the news. So, it doesn't bother me to see them sweat.

BTW, it's there, not their.

Quote:
You live in La-La Land.
You dream of Obama's impeachment.

You're aware that La-La Land is a place of false hopes and dreams built on fantasies, I'm sure.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
What if I get to have an orgy with select Playmates of the Month?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What if I get to have an orgy with select Playmates of the Month?

In that case, you should invite me over. Ill bring some beer.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
They will still support him. If 0bama personally raped and killed their wives and they witnessed it, they would make excuses and somehow blame republicans.

Watch liberal pundits spew their vitriol on Fox News and you'll see the evidence that there is no brain activity.
I agree. Obama could declare war and nuke half of the US and libs would still support him. Libs have abandoned the notion that the rule of law applies to all citizens and have embraced fascism under Obama. The Fuhrer, according to liberals, can do no wrong.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are tens of millions of people tax exempt in this nation, without forming a 501c

They do and have for a very long time
Really? No kidding? Don't be jive 'en me now.
Oh God, help us.

I doubt it's tens of millions, I would believe hundreds of thousands, maybe.

IMO, the IRS targets nearly any and all who attempt to evade taxation, not just certain groups.

When the IRS targeted liberals - Salon.com

The gist I'm getting from some people posting here, is that it is okay to avoid and evade taxation, any which way they can, and, it'll end up biting people in the rump when they're caught lying or cheating. You can loose assets such as your home, car, toys, have your wages garnished, among other things.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Really? No kidding? Don't be jive 'en me now.
Oh God, help us.

I doubt it's tens of millions, I would believe hundreds of thousands, maybe.

IMO, the IRS targets nearly any and all who attempt to evade taxation, not just certain groups.

When the IRS targeted liberals - Salon.com

The gist I'm getting from some people posting here, is that it is okay to avoid and evade taxation, any which way they can, and, it'll end up biting people in the rump when they're caught lying or cheating. You can loose assets such as your home, car, toys, have your wages garnished, among other things.
47% of the nation pays zero income taxes.. Out of a nation of 300,000,000 individuals, how many people do you think that equates to

Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What new standards we have.
So, you're claiming that following the law is somehow a new standard.

Bizarre.

But back to the IRS "scandal"...

It seems the GOP house is fervently searching for a breach of the law, but has come up with nothing. It also seems that they've done nothing in regards to modifying any laws. They're on a witch hunt in an attempt to pin something on the president.

I predict GOP failure.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-05-2013 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
In that case, you should invite me over. Ill bring some beer.
Deal, but no crossing swords!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Deal, but no crossing swords!
What're ya afraid of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies