Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No one was arrested. No one was sent to jail. Most of these crybabies were not given tax exempt status fast enough to make them happy, but that does not mean they were unfairly denied.

I'm not carrying water for the IRS, I have no love for them or their policies, but the Republican clown car parade of their hand picked whiners testifying about "tyranny" and "being scared of their government" and blah blah blah is just yet more hyperbole, and more red meat propaganda by Republicans.

At least it is a break from the Benghazi "scandal", but it is never enough for wingnuts, as their appetite is insatiable. And Republicans have them trained to slobber at the bell.
The bell never stops ringing.
Hey, that bell you hear ringing......is the bell of freedom. But you've never heard it, have you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Default Seems PP has a lot to do with politics and it pays off for them

Planned Parenthood Official to Become Chair of Georgia Democratic Party | LifeNews.com

"An official with the nation’s biggest abortion business will soon become the state chair of the Georgia Democratic Party.
Nikema Williams, vice president of public policy for Planned Parenthood Southeast, will take over from Georgia Democratic Party Chair Mike Berlon, who will be stepping down on Sunday."

They got Obama elected and now they are being rewarded.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Yea, because it makes perfect sense for PP to instead support the American Taliban, who want women to get abortions in back alleys with coat hangers, right? And because the Taliban want girls to not practice family planning and birth control? Gee Wally, it would make sense to support people who both respect women, and women's rights, wouldn't it?

They are not stupid, they leave that to the American Taliban.

Taking responsibility for one's actions is still off the table?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Abortion kills a learning child.

No child should die alone.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:07 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Neither did any of the groups the IRS targeted but yet many still cheered on the IRS going after them while leaving groups like P.P. alone.
Just exactly what type of "social welfare" work does the tea party do? Seriously? My personal opinion is that all of the (c)4 organizations need to go--none of them should be allowed to do campaign work and be exempt from taxes--but under the guidelines PP clearly meets the criteria that the IRS has laid out. The tea party doesn't.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. I like how you think Democrats are all knowing now LOL.

2.You gave us a link a website that does not show a single thing you posted in your comment.

PP's 501(c)4 did not campaign for President Obama, Tea party groups readily support candidates.

#FAIL
I like how you (disingenuously) use the term "campaign" to deflect from the FACT that PP's political arm did in fact pour money into the effort to re-elect Barack Obama.

I dare you to Google it.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
No one was arrested. No one was sent to jail. Most of these crybabies were not given tax exempt status fast enough to make them happy, but that does not mean they were unfairly denied.

I'm not carrying water for the IRS, I have no love for them or their policies, but the Republican clown car parade of their hand picked whiners testifying about "tyranny" and "being scared of their government" and blah blah blah is just yet more hyperbole, and more red meat propaganda by Republicans.

At least it is a break from the Benghazi "scandal", but it is never enough for wingnuts, as their appetite is insatiable. And Republicans have them trained to slobber at the bell.
The bell never stops ringing.
I would have denied all of the groups--on either side of the political aisle--that didn't meet the social welfare criteria. The TRUTH is that most of them were approved anyway, although they had to go through some additional review to make sure that they did SOMETHING (ANYTHING ) that might even loosely help them meet the standards for a 501(c)4. This is whining on the part of the tea party. If anything good comes from this, we need to address the standards for 501(c)4's and shut them all down from getting a free ride on political campaign work.

Last edited by mb1547; 06-05-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-05-2013, 07:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Planned Parenthood Political Action Committee (PAC) has better tax lawyers as a result they have found a way to stay within the tax code.

Any other questions I can help you with?
A tax lawyer has nothing at all to do with it, what an ignorant comment. It's the ACTIVITIES that determine this, not some write off somewhere. Holy ignorance Batman!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:16 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I would have denied all of the groups--on either side of the political aisle--that didn't meet the social welfare criteria. The TRUTH is that most of them were approved anyway, although they had to go through some additional review to make sure that they did SOMETHING (ANYTHING ) that might even loosely help them meet the standards for a 501(c)4. This is whining on the part of the tea party. If anything good comes from this, we need to address the standards for 501(c)4's and shut them all down from getting a free ride on political campaign.
No they haven't been approved yet. Almost all of them are still waiting 3 YEARS later.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You've provided nothing here. That's the whole point of the OP......that PP is hiding behind its social welfare advocacy and no one is challenging the level of its political activity. This is, of course, by design. Liberals and Democrats....and clearly the IRS.....will NEVER question PPs activities. And that's the point.
I used to run nonprofit (tax exempt) agencies. In order to take any kind of public funding, organizations are required to go through an annual audit from an outside, independent auditing firm. One of the things they check for is compliance with the rules and regs surrounding your tax exempt status. You basically have an auditor sitting in your office anywhere from two weeks to a month (depending on the size of the group) going through every scrap of paper, including staff time logs and financials, to make sure that you're meeting good management and accounting practices and meeting the terms and conditions of your grants and the regs around your exemption status. A copy of the audit is submitted when you apply for funding to prove you're managing the organization well. The audit is also used when nonprofits are rated for being a sound public charity.

PP HAS to do an annual, independent audit because they get grant funds to do a chunk of their work. Other 501(c)4s that take purely political contributions would have no need to do so. You're worrying about a lack of compliance from the wrong group. I'd LOVE to see what kind of social welfare work American Crossroads or even the new Clinton 501(c)4 groups--all formed purely for campaign work--are doing. Here's a hint--they're not doing any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies