Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:48 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

Reports are coming out now that say the cheapest Obamacare plan for a family of four, costs around $20,000.

If that family does not sign up for Obamacare, and just pays the penalty it calls for, (oops, the Supremes say that's a "tax" now)... then how much to they pay?

BTW, they pay the penalty only if they are due an Income Tax refund on April 15, right? If they have to write the govt a check on April 15 instead, then the govt can't charge them that Obamacare penalty.

So, is that family of 4 better off financially if they don't sign up for Obamacare? And if one of them does get sick or injured, then they can sign up at that point, and the Obamacare insurance company must take them, even though the sickness or injury is now a "pre-existing condition".

So, what's the best deal, dollar-wise? Pay $20,000 for Obamacare, or pay only the penalty on April 15 (which might be zero), and then sign up later if you get sick or injured and pay only that fraction of the $20,000? After you are cured, then of course you drop the Obamacare policy immediately, to minimize what you pay... until the next time you get sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Opt out and pay nothing.

If the Congress critters can opt out so can we.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Reports are coming out now that say the cheapest Obamacare plan for a family of four, costs around $20,000.

If that family does not sign up for Obamacare, and just pays the penalty it calls for, (oops, the Supremes say that's a "tax" now)... then how much to they pay?

BTW, they pay the penalty only if they are due an Income Tax refund on April 15, right? If they have to write the govt a check on April 15 instead, then the govt can't charge them that Obamacare penalty.

So, is that family of 4 better off financially if they don't sign up for Obamacare? And if one of them does get sick or injured, then they can sign up at that point, and the Obamacare insurance company must take them, even though the sickness or injury is now a "pre-existing condition".

So, what's the best deal, dollar-wise? Pay $20,000 for Obamacare, or pay only the penalty on April 15 (which might be zero), and then sign up later if you get sick or injured and pay only that fraction of the $20,000? After you are cured, then of course you drop the Obamacare policy immediately, to minimize what you pay... until the next time you get sick.
What is this family of 4 paying now for yearly healthcare. And what is the yearly income?

If a family of four does not sign up for any healthcare, then thier Earned Income Credit should be banked every year they fail to sign up for health insurance. They would still be able to recieve emergency and walk-in medical care. with deductions made to EIC amount reserved yearly.

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 06-04-2013 at 07:11 PM..

Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
$20,000? That would have to be the Golden Cadillac plan, where they give you a Cadillac with a hosipal stay.
No, it's the "Bronze" plan - the cheapest plan anyone can get.

You haven't studied Obamacare much, have you?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Opt out, get sick, die.

Everybody wins.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I need more info. What does this family of 4 currently do?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
And so it is starting already. The "mandatory, everyone pays Obamacare," people are trying to find ways around it. What is the cheapest way I can go and screw the rest of the taxpayers. Nope, won't pay for healthcare. Why should I? I get sick, I go to the hospital, then I'll buy the insurance. What I can't afford, I just say I can't afford it. Nothing happens, except the rest of us pay even more.

Of course, liberals are happy. They found another way for other people to pay for them and their lifestyle. They lie, and say they want things for "everyone." Nope. They want it for themselves.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

And make sure you never have a refund coming, which you should already have made sure of.

0bama and his crap is the biggest disaster foisted on We, the People.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:20 PM

596 posts, read 730,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I need more info. What does this family of 4 currently do?
Exactly. Some of these people are acting as if nobody currently makes any type of contributions toward health insurance. Does this hypothetical family of 4 already have health insurance? If so, then the point is moot, as nobody is forcing them to give up their current insurance. If not, then they will probably continue to go without health insurance and pay whatever the penalty is.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:23 PM

596 posts, read 730,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And so it is starting already. The "mandatory, everyone pays Obamacare," people are trying to find ways around it. What is the cheapest way I can go and screw the rest of the taxpayers. Nope, won't pay for healthcare. Why should I? I get sick, I go to the hospital, then I'll buy the insurance. What I can't afford, I just say I can't afford it. Nothing happens, except the rest of us pay even more.

Of course, liberals are happy. They found another way for other people to pay for them and their lifestyle. They lie, and say they want things for "everyone." Nope. They want it for themselves.
So you think you're qualified to speak on behalf of what other people actually want? You actually think you know their thoughts and intentions better than they do themselves? The foolish arrogance of some of you people never ceases to amaze me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies