Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,433,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Pretty much. If I had been a gold digger, I would have gone with the lawyer not the student working part time as a grocery clerk.
It's funny how many women I know all over the world...and not one of them a golddigger.
I must know some magical mystical segment of the population who farts out light and rainbows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM

29,756 posts, read 34,449,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePwnage View Post

The point still stands.

Somebody who stayed at home IS GETTING A COMPARATIVE LUXURY AND IS GETTING A FAVOR DONE TOWARDS THEM. They shouldn't get 50%. All people should go out and get a job on their own.
And the husband who comes home to a clean and maintained house, food in the fridge and on the table, clothes in the closet, bills organized and paid, clean, fed, and educated children, and who never has to sit up all night with a sick kid or never has to use vacation days to run errands or to wait for the cable guy or plumber is not getting a luxury service?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,090,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePwnage View Post
When a person is at home all day, you can see the ample amounts of wiggle room they have to pursue their own activities like go on the computer, Farmville, spas......BUT STILL LIVE AS IF they studied, had all their time gone in the week, had the innate intelligence, etc. And speaking from experience and knowing many SAHM's and their husbands, we know the true motivations behind the whole day cooped up in a house where they don't have to commute, have more leisure time than the breadwinner and so forth. There is NO BOSS impinging on your leisure time when you're at home all day.

If that wasn't true, why would many wives BALK at switching roles with the husband? That is instant divorce initiated the woman, and you can find many links substantiating that. Actions speak louder than words.

I haven't spent any days as a stay-at-home parent, because as a guy, I don't have that power in the dating world. Therefore, men's only choice is to WORK or starve or take welfare, and not be taken care like I did when I was with my parents.

I may not have any SAH experience because of gold-diggers, but I have plenty of REAL-WORLD work experience however as a technical contractor, so I know of what I speak in my previous post.
You must associate with a bunch of *******s. Seriously.

I stayed home and my husband worked. The few days he had to take care of our kids because I had surgery was a disaster. He readily admits he'd MUCH rather work than stay home because it was too much work.

Hell if I was travelling the world, going out to lunch everday on the company dime and could come and go as I pleased I'd rather work too.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,172,231 times
AbsolutePwnage, you are so very wrong on so many counts. If a couple decides that there should be a SAH parent, who do you think needs to go earn? The one who makes the most money. The fact of the matter is, men outearn women. In the same careers. So guess who stays home? It's not rocket science. In some cases, mind you, the man earns less and stays home. We have a couple of these households in my neighborhood, alone.

You're just angry & bitter & throwing rocks. Get over whatever injustice was allegedly done to you.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Pretty much. If I had been a gold digger, I would have gone with the lawyer not the student working part time as a grocery clerk.
No kidding. We were both in High School when we met. He didn't have any gold to dig..LOL

Old 06-11-2013, 03:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And the husband who comes home to a clean and maintained house, food in the fridge and on the table, clothes in the closet, bills organized and paid, clean, fed, and educated children, and who never has to sit up all night with a sick kid or never has to use vacation days to run errands or to wait for the cable guy or plumber is not getting a luxury service?
No, its not a luxury service. It means someone did something they are supposed to, no more no less. Besides, which fantasy novel did you find such a scenario anyway?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
Other than that. IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION. FROM THE PRODUCER TO THE CONSUMER. That is all.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,433,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No, its not a luxury service. It means someone did something they are supposed to, no more no less. Besides, which fantasy novel did you find such a scenario anyway?
That's exactly how my house was growing up.
My father didn't lift a finger at home.
My mother did *everything*.
No fantasy.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
That was pretty much my life until I went back to work this year. I did my "job" and beyond. He came home and sat down and relaxed...I kept on going until the chores were done and the kids were showered and in bed. The fantasy would have been him helping when he walked in the door every night and NOT expecting praise for doing what he should have been doing.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 PM

29,756 posts, read 34,449,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That's exactly how my house was growing up.
My father didn't lift a finger at home.
My mother did *everything*.
No fantasy.
Yeah, aside from my dad mowing the lawn and taking out the trash, that's how my house was growing up, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies