Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
In the former, the guest waits for the prompt, "Are there any questions?" In the latter, the guest doesn't wait for an invitation to ask questions.
That person paid a lot to be there, seems like she earned the right to ask a question whether given permission or not. These people are not our Royalty.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sounds like the First Lady might just be an old fashioned conservative. Some say she "lost it" - and that it is an embarrassment to the White House. I don't believe that is the case...sometimes enough is enough...YES they have to pander to all special interest groups..but there are limits. These activists are like children who are given a bag of candy and then demand a sack. Be thankful for what you have - and if you are not thankful you get no more.

Mental illness resides in all segments of society..Gays and lesbians are not immune to being slightly nuts. Extremists have always been a problem. Whether they are right or left wing...it does not matter....One video I watch showed the First Lady at a dinner rolling her eyes like a school girl at some chump sitting beside her..at first I thought it was childish on her part...but now I am starting to wonder if some people need to be insulted....If you are gay or lesbian you must show good manners and respect..being "different" does not give you the right to behave differently than the norm...There is decorum to be considered.
This was simply a fundraiser at a private home. It was informal. This bimbo is hyper-sensitive to criticism. They both are. That's what happens when you think you are superior, and treated as if you are.
This lesbian wasn't disrespectful, she just asked a question Michelle felt it was beneath her to respond to.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:16 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This is what happens when you feed into the narcissism of children. Gays think they can push buttons without repercussions.
This is ONE person. This isn't about gays as a whole. You have to get over your incessant obsession with gays, with your continuous trolls. This reaction is often what happens when we allow people to immigrate here from the Third World.

Last edited by 9162; 06-05-2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 04:21 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The tolerance and acceptance of gays and lesbians has been stretched thin. It is one thing to want equality. It is another thing to seek a dominant position in society. People are at the point of entering into an attitude of resentment regarding gay and lesbian rights.
Says who? This is your opinion. The gay community is the only class of people in this country that are not treated as equals. Most states still legally discriminate against gays, many still have their children taken away from them, and they are still fired for no other reason, than for the sexual orientation. Gays still have to live in fear, in the closet. Even people who are here illegally don't have to live in fear.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:37 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes. Now bear in mind this is just the list that FEDERAL marriage laws give couples. Just because some states grant equal marriage does not mean that gay couples get the FEDERAL rights as well.

Besides the rights of marriage, some states offer no protection in housing or employment. You can be fired, just for being gay.

An Overview of Federal Rights and Protections Granted to Married Couples | Resources | Human Rights Campaign
So what I am seeing is it is tax related. This year, whether we filed jointly married or as two single people, the liability was going to be the same. We could never afford COBRA. I certainly didn't see 1,000 benefits.

In many, if not most, you can be fired for any reason at all or no reason at all. Being "protected" by law doesn't do squat for you because you have to prove it so if you waiting for that to greatly benefit you, don't hold your breathe. Racial and age discrimination? A million ways around it.

I personally feel they should eliminate the term "marriage" from the legal union and everyone should enter into a contract of a civil union. That is what marriage is by the state a civil union. Marriage will always be between a man and a woman and recognizing a civil union for the benefits that other couples, male/female, get seems fair to me.

So, how do employers and people selling/renting know that someone is a homosexual? I haven't seen that box on the application. There are many people of the same sex that share housing and I don't think they are being denied and if so, I doubt because they are the same sex. Or, do I have to say "gender" now.

As far as shoutdown to get their way, homosexuals did this at the psychiatric conventions until homosexuality was removed from being considered a mental illness.

Someone was looking for what constituted the gay agenda. It is to change the meaning of marriage and not be satisfied with a civil union because terming it marriage makes it seem "normal". It is way for people who are uncomfortable with themselves to feel better about the lifestyle that they are living.

I would grant the benefits under a civil union. Marriage continues to be between one man and one woman.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:41 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Says who? This is your opinion. The gay community is the only class of people in this country that are not treated as equals. Most states still legally discriminate against gays, many still have their children taken away from them, and they are still fired for no other reason, than for the sexual orientation. Gays still have to live in fear, in the closet. Even people who are here illegally don't have to live in fear.
Can you list links for these actions that are being taken against homosexuals? I am guessing that children are not being taken away because someone is gay but for other reasons and it is being blamed on that reason. What you will find with any group is that you will always have those who try to take advantage of being a minority and blame every negative thing in their life on being of that minority. If you can't back up your claims with links, I suggest you rethink what you are saying because it is over the top.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

We are talking about the special rights under Obamacare

We are talking about the special rights in which the rights of two lesbians trump those of a baker in Oregon

We are talking about the right to express one's political opinion, without being harassed or audited by the IRS

We are talking about the right to donate to a political candidate, without being harrassed by the IRS

We are talking about the right to be a part of a Christian organization without being harrassed by the IRS

We are talking about the right to free speech without being harrassed by the justice department

Oh! To have those "special rights" that seem to be granted to gays and lesbians via the Obama administration would be nice. However, simple lack of illegal harassment and equal protection under the law would be all that one could ask for. We can ask, but of course, in this fascist regime our wishes will not be granted.
There are no special rights under the ACA
There are no special rights of lesbians over a business owner.
Lesbians are not given any special treatment by the IRS
Lesbians are not given special rights under donation laws.
Lesbians have no special rights over christians.
Lesbians have no special right to free speech over heterosexuals.

Still haven't shown one "special right" that homosexuals get that heterosexuals don't.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
This is what happens when you feed into the narcissism of children. Gays think they can push buttons without repercussions.

First Lady Heckled by Gay Rights Advocate, Threatens to Leave Event - ABC News
I would have told big lard ass Michelle to go ahead and leave. Not much comes out of her mouth worth listening to anyway.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
AnywhereElse
befriend

So what I am seeing is it is tax related. This year, whether we filed jointly married or as two single people, the liability was going to be the same. We could never afford COBRA. I certainly didn't see 1,000 benefits.

So many links...here's another that has a link to U.S. Government Accountability Office.

Gay Marraige-A list of the over 1,000 rights LGBT don't have

on this government link click on the PDF file.

U.S. GAO - Defense of Marriage Act: Update to Prior Report

In many, if not most, you can be fired for any reason at all or no reason at all. Being "protected" by law doesn't do squat for you because you have to prove it so if you waiting for that to greatly benefit you, don't hold your breathe. Racial and age discrimination? A million ways around it.

True in some cases, but gay people should still have the same " protection " as others.

I personally feel they should eliminate the term "marriage" from the legal union and everyone should enter into a contract of a civil union. That is what marriage is by the state a civil union. Marriage will always be between a man and a woman and recognizing a civil union for the benefits that other couples, male/female, get seems fair to me.

Marriage is just as valid if no religious ceremony is performed. I don't think straights are going to give up marriage.
When this came up in Canada many years ago, the Prime Minister's of the time had the correct answer when civil unions were suggested instead of marriage for gays. " Equal is equal. "

So, how do employers and people selling/renting know that someone is a homosexual? I haven't seen that box on the application. There are many people of the same sex that share housing and I don't think they are being denied and if so, I doubt because they are the same sex. Or, do I have to say "gender" now.

Well all it takes is rumours of course, but it's more than that. By not having this protection you are forcing people to lie about their lives. What will they say around the proverbial water cooler when asked what they did that weekend etc. Why should someone get to be able to have a loved ones photo on their desk but not another? Sounds cruel. As for renting, it's a wide range that happens. One example is refusing to rent to two men or two women a one bedroom apartment. It happened to me twice, back before we had such protection in Canada.

As far as shoutdown to get their way, homosexuals did this at the psychiatric conventions until homosexuality was removed from being considered a mental illness.

I admit I laughed at this one. I would be very concerned if psychiatrists were so uneducated or easily manipulated to change what a mental illness is, just by groups shouting at them. Sorry, it's ridiculous.

Someone was looking for what constituted the gay agenda. It is to change the meaning of marriage and not be satisfied with a civil union because terming it marriage makes it seem "normal". It is way for people who are uncomfortable with themselves to feel better about the lifestyle that they are living.

Gay people are normal. Remember those psychiatrists? 14 or 15 countries so far have changed marriage laws to allow equal marriage...mine since 2005. Nothing bad has happened...again, nothing.
Gay people are not uncomfortable with themselves, how could we be? This is not to say that some gay people struggle with being gay, but that is put onto to them from an unwelcoming society. If we were uncomfortable we would not have fought for equal rights. It's the fact that we know we are equal and deserve every right everyone else has. We were tired of the oppression, just like blacks, just like women. Do think they were uncomfortable with themselves when they were fighting the brave fight?

I would grant the benefits under a civil union. Marriage continues to be between one man and one woman.

No it doesn't. Have you forgotten that some states have change that and 14 other countries have as well. Today in the U.K. the Anglican Church announced it will no longer oppose equal marriage in parliament.
World is changing buddy, get used to it

Last edited by Natnasci; 06-05-2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,315 times
Quote:

First Lady Heckled by Gay Rights Advocate, Threatens to Leave Event - ABC News
So, what about Westboro Baptist and the Christian Agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies