Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:27 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times

Advertisements

And Taco Bell has been tasting off lately. I haven't had it in months because the last maybe 3 times I had it, the meat just tasted weird. Then I started thinking about the whole horse meat scandal & I was done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,456 times
Lmao, taco-licking.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
This is the caliber of people they hire. And you advocate higher salaries for them ?

Old 06-05-2013, 02:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
And Taco Bell has been tasting off lately. I haven't had it in months because the last maybe 3 times I had it, the meat just tasted weird. Then I started thinking about the whole horse meat scandal & I was done.
Lately I have gone in to a couple of malls and checked out their "food court" - I could not find one damned thing worth eating...The prices were high and the food literally stunk. Fast food is not what it used to be.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Does it ever occur to the managers of fast-food restaurants that when you treat your employees as something less than human then that's exactly how they'll behave?

I'm not defending the taco licker he deserved to get fired but something tells me that the Taco Bell work environment unintentionally begets this kind of gross behavior.

It's similar to how Walmart suffers from a lot of internal theft-- it happens because Walmart management treats their employees like petty criminals to begin with.

I hear what you're saying. I've worked some s****y jobs in my day, and while I understand in the service industry jobs they tend to treat their employees like s***, not to mention you have to deal with some a-hole customers, but I would have never screwed with someone's food. A) there is just a certain line that I won't cross, even if that person may deserve it, and B) you can get in some serious legal trouble for tampering with food. It's not worth it. Nor would I steal either for the same reasons. In short, if it sucks that bad, find a new job.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM

50,237 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
How the hell can a taco bell exist anywhere in Southern California, especially around LA?

That's like an Olive Garden opening up in Little Italy or a Panda Express in Chinatown
You should see how many "tacos" Jack in the Box sells in LA. That's about as far from a taco as you can get.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You should see how many "tacos" Jack in the Box sells in LA. That's about as far from a taco as you can get.
Yeah - but you get 2 for 99 cents.

How can you beat that?

Old 06-05-2013, 02:46 PM

50,237 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yeah - but you get 2 for 99 cents.

How can you beat that?
Or a jumpin jack to wash it down Love some kangaroo meat.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:53 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Does it ever occur to the managers of fast-food restaurants that when you treat your employees as something less than human then that's exactly how they'll behave?

I'm not defending the taco licker he deserved to get fired but something tells me that the Taco Bell work environment unintentionally begets this kind of gross behavior.

It's similar to how Walmart suffers from a lot of internal theft-- it happens because Walmart management treats their employees like petty criminals to begin with.
Yea, I'll bet the staff managed to serve up those taco's to conservatives. And if you don't like the way you are being treated by a manager it's you own dumb fault for staying. Leave and find a job elsewhere. Oh there's a thought.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:54 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Honestly, Taco Bell is the only place that I can still eat fast food at. And nothing, not even working there for 2 years and knowing al lthe gross stuff, will stop that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies