Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 04:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,767,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I believe people who try to enter discussions by posing silly nonsequitir questions as childish insults are... ...silly boys.
You mean childish insults like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. It's one of their mantras. Like 'butthurt'.

Gotta love stupid.

It's so absurd how childish people can be when they have nothing to say...

...yet still have the audacity to act as if they are the brilliant ones.

Isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 04:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Thank you, Mr President!

The thing about uninformed opinions is that those who hold them tend to broadcast them.
The proof is in the pudding, I'll only thank Obama for the great economy only after he dumps all those people still getting government handouts off their handouts.

If the economy is good then there is absolutely no excuse for all the food stamps, unemployment handout extensions, housing vouchers, Medicaid and all the many others.

I actually do believe almost anyone under 40 can easily get a job if they really wanted because the economy is doing well enough. It's time to end all these new disability categories and food stamps and other welfare handouts.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,767,929 times
Quote:
Ah, yes! The 2008 Bush recession was the result of Jimmy Carter's 1970s policy.

You Bush apologists are amusing.
Actually, it was a cumulative effect beginning with the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act. You do know who signed that one out of existence, don't you?

I won't go through the history of what the act did, or why. I'm positive that you'll deny it had anything to do with the financial crash. A Bush hating liberal and your previous displays of conceit, tells me this must be the case.

Using deflection and denial to replace facts and calling it knowledge, is the definition of ignorance. Old doesn't necessarily equate to be wise.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,471,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Actually, it was a cumulative effect beginning with the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act. You do know who signed that one out of existence, don't you?
Sure. Clinton signed the Gramm Leach Bliley Act. Passed by the GOP congress. Gramm, Leach, and Bliley are all Pubs. But you knew that, didn't you? We'd all be so much better off if Clinton would have vetoed the bill instead of signing that piece of GOP legislation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E...0%93Bliley_Act

Quote:
I won't go through the history of what the act did, or why. I'm positive that you'll deny it had anything to do with the financial crash. A Bush hating liberal and your previous displays of conceit, tells me this must be the case.
It's good you recognize that it was a leading cause of the financial deregulation that lead to Wall St running off the rails.

Quote:
Using deflection and denial to replace facts and calling it knowledge, is the definition of ignorance. Old doesn't necessarily equate to be wise.
Speaking as if you had the whole picture when you have a few pixels doesn't equate to knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies