Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 02:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't care if they once supported these terrible policies. I care that they don't support them now. It was bad policy crafted from bad positions. It's going to take bipartisanship to get rid of the Patriot Act. This court order could be helpful to achieve that end.
I've read all of your posts....and surprisingly....you and I are on the exact same page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is not partisan. conservatives supported these things. If you don't like these policies then understand that when conservatives are elected these are the kinds of policies they support.

Certainly some Democrats support this stuff, but there are a lot of Democrats who don't. This is important.

If you don't like the Patriot Act, then doesn't it behoove us to understand the ideology that pushed for it, that supported it, that keeps supporting it.

If you don't like torture, isn't it important to understand the ideology that did support torture?

If you hate the Iraq war isn't it important to understand the ideology that did support the war.

If you hate the expansion of the surveillance state isn't important to understand the ideology that supports it?

How can we correct these things if we don't get rid of the political actors who are most likely to support these crap policies.

That's not partisan that is reality.
3-4 years ago I might have agreed with you, but I am beyond fed up with the partisan rancor and gridlock in DC. It is ridiculous. None of these people are fit to hold the offices they occupy. NONE. I don't give a crap if they're R or D. I don't give a crap who started this. Not anymore. It seems NOBODY is capable of ending it, and both parties are GUILTY AS SIN.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't care if they once supported these terrible policies. I care that they don't support them now. It was bad policy crafted from bad positions. It's going to take bipartisanship to get rid of the Patriot Act. This court order could be helpful to achieve that end.
You don't want to solve the problem. Who do you think is going to be the major opposition to ending these terrible policies CONSERVATIVES.

The majority of conservatives support the Patriot Act. The majority of Democratic voters do not. and most of the opposition to the Patriot Act is Democrats, if you want the Patriot Act ended get rid of conservatives who support these policies and elect the kinds of Democrats or third party candidates who don't support those policies. That is the choice.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:25 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,747,121 times
What's partisan here is the continuous defense of the criminality of this administration.

And in the middle of all of this, the leader is saying that jobs are the most important thing in this country right now? And it wasn't a year ago? Just suddenly when the admin is under fire, let's try a bait and switch maneuver. Yeah, that's the ticket. Most stupid people will fall for it hook, line and sinker!

Unreal.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
You don't want to solve the problem. Who do you think is going to be the major opposition to ending these terrible policies CONSERVATIVES.

The majority of conservatives support the Patriot Act. The majority of Democratic voters do not. and most of the opposition to the Patriot Act is Democrats, if you want the Patriot Act ended get rid of conservatives who support these policies and elect the kinds of Democrats or third party candidates who don't support those policies. That is the choice.
Well then why do the Democratic voters keep sending back elected officials that do support it ?
Doublespeak and victimhood I guess.

THE PEOPLE are sending representatives to DC who continue this War on Terror which has now turned on its own people.

Pelosi and Reid both voted FOR the Patriot Act.
Reid accused Rand of endangering the US because Rand didn't want to extend some expiring pieces of the Patriot Act.

Yeah..you just go on believing that the Dems are pristine and care about the "people".

Old 06-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
3-4 years ago I might have agreed with you, but I am beyond fed up with the partisan rancor and gridlock in DC. It is ridiculous. None of these people are fit to hold the offices they occupy. NONE. I don't give a crap if they're R or D. I don't give a crap who started this. Not anymore. It seems NOBODY is capable of ending it, and both parties are GUILTY AS SIN.
You don't want to solve the problem either. Again conservatives support the Patriot Act, this is not my opinion, but fact.

Of the two major political parties the Democratic party contains the members who oppose the Patriot Act, if you are against the Patriot saying it doesn't matter R or D ignores reality.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
What's partisan here is the continuous defense of the criminality of this administration.

And in the middle of all of this, the leader is saying that jobs are the most important thing in this country right now? And it wasn't a year ago? Just suddenly when the admin is under fire, let's try a bait and switch maneuver. Yeah, that's the ticket. Most stupid people will fall for it hook, line and sinker!

Unreal.
Well we about to have 50 million plus immigrants (illegals and visa holders) welcomed into this country to live and work and apply for government services. I would imagine finding jobs for them is going to be a priority.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,747,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well we about to have 50 million plus immigrants (illegals and visa holders) welcomed into this country to live and work and apply for government services. I would imagine finding jobs for them is going to be a priority.
Great point, Texan!

Those are the ones that could care less what's going on.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,382,788 times
Quote:
I won't stop the partisan blame game, because it is very important to understand where conservative ideology leads us.
Democrats were the only opposition to the Patriot in the beginning. Most Democratic voters NEVER supported the Patriot Act, conservative voters did and still do.

Most Democratic voters hated all of this stuff and many liberal organizations were yelling this is going to lead to spying on Americans. This was all said over a decade ago.

conservatives 100% supported all of these terrible policies that have lead us where we are. I will not forget that and I will always point it out.
I'm sorry, you don't get away with sweeping generalizations. 100%? I need a citation. So prove your assumptions.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well then why do the Democratic voters keep sending back elected officials that do support it ?
Doublespeak and victimhood I guess.

THE PEOPLE are sending representatives to DC who continue this War on Terror which has now turned on its own people.
The only major opposition for these polices is the Democratic party in terms of both major parties.

I do blame a lot of Democratic elected officials for these issues, but I clearly see who is mostly to blame and that is conservatives.

We need fewer elected conservatives, far fewer because conservatives love the surveillance state and support the Patriot Act.

And I am not going to pretend that isnot the truth about conservatism.

While most Democratic voters don't and a substantial percentage of elected Democratic officials don't either.

I know people hate that because one party is vastly more at fault for this disaster but it is reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies