Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,845 times

Advertisements

Simple fact, on the battlefield, your politics mean zero. Nada. Zilch. Nichts. Non. It becomes about the guys to your left and right regardless of their personal religion, politics, or any other number of divisive topics. You can have heated debate during downtime, but in a firefight, all that B.S. means absolutely nothing.

People that are involuntarily compelled to inject politics into ever single discussion regardless of the topic, are truly blind, and there are none so blind as those that will not see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You do have google correct?

Saddam’s shields - Salon.com
Your linked article refers mainly to pacifists who object to war, they're not identified as liberals (are you admitting liberals are the only ones who object to war?), and it hardly makes the case you allege that people were doing this to shield Saddam from harm as their primary goal. Aren't you dizzy from your spin yet or is their still dramamine in the cupboard?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Except for the subject of the individual right to be armed I am way more liberal than most of you and all of the RWNJ's. One of my uncles was at D-Day and the other uncle and my father were in the Pacific war. Their war needed to be fought. Do not disparage their heroism by questioning their reasons for being there.

My war was in Vietnam 20 years later. It did not need to be fought. The war against Saddam did not. The absurdity in Afghanistan does not. We do not need to be involved in the Middle East at all. We also do not need to be sustaining criminal regimes in South and Central America so the cocaine trade is protected. We do not need these wars at all except to make the drug smugglers and war profiteers wealthier than ever.

PS: As far as Saddam is concerned I would have acknowledged what he was doing and had him and his sons killed as an exercise in pest control. Then I would have let the country figure out what it wanted to be.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Yes reality is something you liberals always try and hide.

What is a shame is how you people treat our military then turn around on days like this and claim you are some type of champions of our armed forces. Sickening.

Actually, what is sickening is that you feel like you need to abuse a thread that aimed at honoring those who fought in WWII.

What's really sad is that you lack the mental capabilities to realize that there is a time and a place for everything and that THIS is not the time and place.

What's pathetic is that you cannot comprehend that YOU are the problem here and that YOU are the "loon."

What's telling is that you are unable to perceive ANYTHING as not divided across party lines.

You are the one who is acting shamefully here - and you insist on doing so even when everybody else tells you that it's not the right time and place.

And no, you can not label me a "liberal" in an attempt to conveniently dismiss my statements. The world doesn't work like that. Many, however, will most certainly think that you are not quite right in the head - not based on your political affiliation, but based on your statements. And yes, I did serve in the military.

You need to take a long hard look in the mirror - but from your posts I have a feeling that you are too delusional and too self-important to see what is wrong with you.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Yes reality is something you liberals always try and hide.
Reality?

You've said to me: "You put Obama and his communist buddies first"

I'll ask again, show me ONE post where I have ever done that in reality, not your twisted version of it.

Once again: Put up or shut up.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:08 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
D Day - June 6, 1944 - Normandy landings

Operation Overlord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Overlord[11] was the code name for the Battle of Normandy, the operation that launched the invasion of German-occupied western Europe during World War II by Allied forces. The operation commenced on 6 June 1944 with the Normandy landings (Operation Neptune, commonly known as D-Day). A 12,000-plane airborne assault preceded an amphibious assault involving almost 7,000 vessels. Nearly 160,000 troops crossed the English Channel on 6 June; more than three million allied troops were in France by the end of August.

Allied land forces that saw combat in Normandy on D-Day itself came from Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States. Free French Forces and Poland also participated in the battle after the assault phase, and there were also minor contingents from Belgium, Greece, the Netherlands, and Norway. Other Allied nations participated in the naval and air forces.

A special note of thanks to these men AND women who landed this day, 69 yrs ago, and helped to put an end to World War II.
I knew some of these men and women. Both in the Eurozone and in the U.S. As a young boy they were my guides. I thank them daily.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:08 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Lord have mercy. And you loons wonder why after you scream for proof of something many don't waste their time to provide it. This is exactly why. I provide it and then you claim I'm the one spinning. You have spun yourself into the ground with that post above. They're not liberals.........Gimme a break.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Simple fact, on the battlefield, your politics mean zero. Nada. Zilch. Nichts. Non. It becomes about the guys to your left and right regardless of their personal religion, politics, or any other number of divisive topics. You can have heated debate during downtime, but in a firefight, all that B.S. means absolutely nothing.

People that are involuntarily compelled to inject politics into ever single discussion regardless of the topic, are truly blind, and there are none so blind as those that will not see.
This is a politics board. Perhaps you should know that before posting here.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Lord have mercy. And you loons wonder why after you scream for proof of something many don't waste their time to provide it. This is exactly why. I provide it and then you claim I'm the one spinning. You have spun yourself into the ground with that post above. They're not liberals.........Gimme a break.
Sorry, man. There's only one "loon" here and it's you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is a shame that a simple thread about the anniversary of D-Day gets hijacked, as usual, by nuts.

Moderators: please think about closing this thread.
I apologize but I'll be damned if I'll sit by and let some twit diaparage liberals in WW II as if there were none who fought honorably, I can only hope he may someday actually have the cojones to express his views aloud to some of the liberal vets I've known, it would most definitely be fun to watch.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies