Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times

Advertisements

Amid the recent times where clearly there have been detrimental actions taken within the administration and federal government we have a dichotomy amongst the electorate. On one hand The Democrats have become very defensive, in some cases in outright denial, of the actions within the administration and Federal Government. On the other hand the Republicans have completely overplayed their hand and caused more division. To the clear thinker we see there are serious issues arising with Government overreach, occurring now and prior to 2009 that need to be corrected expeditiously. The problem is with the electorate falling for the MSNBC and Foxnews type rhetoric the divisions amongst the people, along party lines will reduce the chances of or prevent a resolution to the problems plaguing our Government.
Before problems can be resolved the party allegiances must be dissolved.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/04/politics/irs-targeting/

Last edited by BoomBen; 06-06-2013 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: ADD LINK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 07:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Amid the recent times where clearly there have been detrimental actions taken within the administration and federal government we have a dichotomy amongst the electorate. On one hand The Democrats have become very defensive, in some cases in outright denial, of the actions within the administration and Federal Government. On the other hand the Republicans have completely overplayed their hand and caused more division. To the clear thinker we see there are serious issues arising with Government overreach, occurring now and prior to 2009 that need to be corrected expeditiously. The problem is with the electorate falling for the MSNBC and Foxnews type rhetoric the divisions amongst the people, along party lines will reduce the chances of or prevent a resolution to the problems plaguing our Government.

Partisan views of IRS scandal: Political hijinks, mismanaged scrutiny - CNN.com
I see a lot of clear thinkers not defending the President but refuting assinign contentions comming from the right.

If you see "problems" then your sight is not as clear as you believe. Let the chips fall where they may...but don't insult my 5th grade intelligence and tell me the chips have already fallen and I'm just too partisan to realize it.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
So much baloney and plenty from both sides, it's true.

But here's what I see...

These so-called "scandals" are very convenient delaying tactics for the GOP. Because there are real issues at hand that they do NOT want to address. So, instead they're putting on this political kabuki theater and slinging mud to drag this silliness on for as long as possible. In doing so, they're building up the outrage among the radical right. And the letdown when these things blow over like a gentle breeze will entertaining.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So much baloney and plenty from both sides, it's true.

But here's what I see...

These so-called "scandals" are very convenient delaying tactics for the GOP. Because there are real issues at hand that they do NOT want to address. So, instead they're putting on this political kabuki theater and slinging mud to drag this silliness on for as long as possible. In doing so, they're building up the outrage among the radical right. And the letdown when these things blow over like a gentle breeze will entertaining.
To a degree they are building up scandals to deflect attention from the deep rooted problems in Government. Instead of trying to slander people how about demonstrate an ability to solve the problem not just hold a freak show.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I see a lot of clear thinkers not defending the President but refuting assinign contentions comming from the right.

If you see "problems" then your sight is not as clear as you believe. Let the chips fall where they may...but don't insult my 5th grade intelligence and tell me the chips have already fallen and I'm just too partisan to realize it.
right there are no problems. Which column? Defiant or in denial?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The biggest problem is that denial is happening in Congress before any hearing gets off the ground.

Cummings started off grandstanding saying this was nothing but a witch hunt before he even started asking questions.
He already made up his mind there was nothing to investigate because there was no wrongdoing.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:58 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
great post op.

Obama is by no means a good president, I think the left's denial has a lot to do with them watching the right wing hurling feces aroundmthe room and thinking "wow maybe id be self critical if the other guys had some self respect."

Not excusing the dems behavior, but the gop is so far gone.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
great post op.

Obama is by no means a good president, I think the left's denial has a lot to do with them watching the right wing hurling feces aroundmthe room and thinking "wow maybe id be self critical if the other guys had some self respect."

Not excusing the dems behavior, but the gop is so far gone.
Thank you.
The lack of credibility from the Republicans has hindered any efforts restoring accountability in Government.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Honestly both parties make me sick.. Obviously I have more disdain for the left. I see some posters have their partisan glasses glued tight. Agree for the most part with the OP (didnt click link) People should NOT be so damn partisan... Party blinders are the death of this country..

Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post

Partisan views of IRS scandal: Political hijinks, mismanaged scrutiny - CNN.com
You make statements of fact that are base on opinion.

IF the dems would open up with the info the repubs wouldn't be going after then trying to find the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies