Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
And what is wrong with having hatred for another person if you aren't HARMING them? Hateful opinions expressed do not cause anyone HARM. But this is all about protecting the "feelings" of another from being hurt.
It depends on who you work for. In this case her employer had a policy that she broke.
No different than those teachers that post their provocative photos and talk about getting high and then getting fired themselves.

People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,959,749 times
I would agree. You can't have a job like she has and go on a rant about the people you are hired to serve.

You can't post negative things relating to your job! Common sense people. I'm kind of glad that Facebook is used to eliminate trash especially when my hard earned money is paying the idiots salary. Kudos to the city of Dallas.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I would agree. You can't have a job like she has and go on a rant about the people you are hired to serve.

You can't post negative things relating to your job! Common sense people. I'm kind of glad that Facebook is used to eliminate trash especially when my hard earned money is paying the idiots salary. Kudos to the city of Dallas.
Remember, this is the same city where a 911 operator listened to a woman being murdered on the phone. This is probably why the city is being extra careful when it comes to their 911 operators.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's no more or less agreeable than if they were all black, blue, mauve, or taupe. It's not only about their co-workers, but the public at large that they serve.

I've never worked a job where your impact on the workplace environment is not a consideration in whether or not to keep you around. Have you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover
I'm going to guess that a) these rants became known to at least some of her co-workers, b) probably many of whom are black. This strikes me as the kind of job where workplace cohesion is particularly important. When the manner in which you conduct your private affairs has the potential to substantially impact the comity of your workplace for the worse... buh-bye.
You were the one to bring up the fact that this woman may of had "black"...co-workers. If color is now not an issue??? why bring up co-workers color...?

And assuming that if her black co workers would have found out of her postings...then it's Buh-Bye...

Cohesion is your way of saying...not pissing off the blacks.

Thats why I axed you if all the co-workers were white...would the "cohesion" been OK? Would they [white co-workers] want her...Buh-Bye?

If she did something against 911 policy...The racial make-up of co-workers and the cohession are meaninless to her employment

Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It depends on who you work for. In this case her employer had a policy that she broke.
No different than those teachers that post their provocative photos and talk about getting high and then getting fired themselves.

How can a GOVERNMENT agency (note government is PREVENTED from interfering with free speech) dictate that one cannot voice their opinion on their own time, using their own equipment?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

IF she denied service, or provided services differently due to race or some other bias, YES... fire her. Instead, she is guilty of voicing an opinion, on her time, which others found offensive but not illegal.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:11 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times
Why would they post crap on Facebook?

Quite a few people have been fired due to "Facebook scandals".

Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

What? By whose standards? YOURS?

There is something damn wrong when one person believe they have a RIGHT to dictate what another may say or think. Are we each not human? Why would your human thoughts and opinions be more right than mine?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
How can a GOVERNMENT agency (note government is PREVENTED from interfering with free speech) dictate that one cannot voice their opinion on their own time, using their own equipment?
Private companies do it as well. You sign that agreement when you get hired.
Notice none of us talk about where we work and we have screen names as well.
Don't like it then don't take the job.
But if you take the job you need to adhere to their rules.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:16 AM

Statism is a serious illness that has permeated this once great nation. Only statism would allow a nation that calls itself free, one of LIBERTY, to remove one's natural (GOD given) right of free will, and punish them for exercising that free will, when the free will I speak of is to have an opinion... a thought... a belief.

That is NOT liberty. That is fascism. Fascism brought on by political correctness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.