Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A really smart criminal wouldn't be a criminal in the first place.

Unless he lived in a society where so many laws were being made, hundreds or thousands per day, that straightforward , law-abiding existence is no longer possible. Simple, innocuous acts that harm or threaten nobody (such as replacing a toilet in your house or filling in some tire tracks in your back yard, etc.) violate laws you had no reason to suspect even existed.

Such a society would manufacture "criminals" en masse, entirely against their own wills.

We are approaching that status now in America.
Calm down, you're going to hurt yourself.

You could also hide a key in your sock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 03:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The thought of having my hands cuffed behind my back is terrifying. I'd probably have a panic attack. They may as well just shoot me, before I'd comply.

If they'd leave our hands in front, I wouldnt feel so vulnerable and helpless.
It's not feeling vulnerable or helpless for me, I'd feel claustrophobic.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A really smart criminal wouldn't be a criminal in the first place.

Unless he lived in a society where so many laws were being made, hundreds or thousands per day, that straightforward , law-abiding existence is no longer possible. Simple, innocuous acts that harm or threaten nobody (such as replacing a toilet in your house or filling in some tire tracks in your back yard, etc.) violate laws you had no reason to suspect even existed.

Such a society would manufacture "criminals" en masse, entirely against their own wills.

We are approaching that status now in America.
They need more telemarketers in the "Private Prison System". L-A.

Plus more felony's to cut down on the number of guns we are allowed.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:14 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Do you always assume that everything is illegal?

I've never been in law enforcement, but I've had a set of handcuff keys for 20 years. They came with the handcuffs. You can buy them over the counter, and there's nothing illegal about it - nor should there be.
Context. It's why you can get arrested for having a stripped key or spark plugs.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:44 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Handcuffs- temporary restraints, many idiot LEO's forget that part of their training and it gets them into serious **** or killed.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
if a criminal has a bit of skill they can unlock a standard pair of handcuffs with a paper clip, so why spend $10 plus shipping on a key?

Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
If your hands are cuffed behind your back, how do you get the key?
Attach to the inside of your back belt loop/

Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The thought of having my hands cuffed behind my back is terrifying. I'd probably have a panic attack. They may as well just shoot me, before I'd comply.

If they'd leave our hands in front, I wouldnt feel so vulnerable and helpless.
That's the point of cuffing behind the back, to make them more helpless. Suspects with their hands cuffed in front are a much bigger threat/risk than one cuffed behind the back and if they're putting you in cuffs officers aren't going to do anything to increase their risk just to make you feel better.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
If your hands are cuffed behind your back, how do you get the key?
Since the criminal's hands would be behind his/her back, the best place to hide the key would be in his/her anus.

[cough!]

Old 06-07-2013, 12:18 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Handcuffs- temporary restraints, many idiot LEO's forget that part of their training and it gets them into serious **** or killed.
I wish more people would read and take advice from this comment. Especially the next time someone screams the suspect was handcuffed.

All a person has too do is Google "officers killed by handcuffed prisoners" and you will find dozens of police officers who have been killed by prisoners which are handcuffed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies