Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No, the question is absurd.

It is a slippery slope.

There is no credibility to the the question because it poses a scenario that has never happened, nor is even reasonably likely to occur. This law has been in effect not only here, but in other states for years and never has even a remotely close incident occurred. So asking me to rule on an absurd scenario as you describe is ridiculous because if you have to use absurdities to establish your point, then your point is absurd.

The fact is, in such an occurrence, it would be shown obviously the intent of "lying in wait". You didn't even try to get clever with your scenario, it is beyond stupid.

When the laws were first brought around, people made similar claims about people using the law to invite people over they wanted to kill. All this time, and hmm... no outbreaks of people being killed left and right through the abuse of the law.
It's a hypothetical "what if?" question because you never know, things happen. Why don't you answer it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 02:42 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Why not just answer it?
Why not just answer a stupid question that is designed of a slippery slope for the specific purpose of aligning the incidents into an imaginary occurrence in order to establish a validity to a given point concerning a proclaimed flaw in a law to which no actual occurrence has ever happened?

Really? Why not just answer it?

Do I need to really draw it out to you why? Please tell me you are not that dense?

Old 06-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
It's a hypothetical "what if?" question because you never know, things happen. Why don't you answer it?
Because logical derivation without respect to realism or probability is an exercise in stupidity.

If you aren't following what I mean, it basically means we can change the reality of anything by applying unrealistic lines of reasoning to establish our point.

Seriously, pick up a damn logic book sometime, you guys are being pretty thick on the issue.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Because logical derivation without respect to realism or probability is an exercise in stupidity.

If you aren't following what I mean, it basically means we can change the reality of anything by applying unrealistic lines of reasoning to establish our point.

Seriously, pick up a damn logic book sometime, you guys are being pretty thick on the issue.
LOL, anyone can answer a hypothetical question. It's really not that hard. Apparently for you, it is. Exactly as I thought. You just proved to everyone that you're all talk, no substance. Next.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
LOL, anyone can answer a hypothetical question. It's really not that hard. Apparently for you, it is. Exactly as I thought. You're all talk. Next.
Slippery Slope.

Educate yourself!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Slippery Slope.

Educate yourself!
As I said, next. You're a waste of time. Can't even answer a simple question.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
As I said, next. You're a waste of time. Can't even answer a simple question.
So how long have you been beating your wife?

Gee.. can't answer a simple question! I win the internet ma!

Like I said, it was a leading slippery slope question designed for a specific purpose as I explained.

So, answer my question? How long? Go ahead... not going to answer?

Waste of time you are... can't even answer a simple question!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
So how long have you been beating your wife?

Gee.. can't answer a simple question! I win the internet ma!

Like I said, it was a leading slippery slope question designed for a specific purpose as I explained.

So, answer my question? How long? Go ahead... not going to answer?

Waste of time you are... can't even answer a simple question!
Well, considering I'm a woman & I'm straight & I'm single, the answer to your question is never. Nice try honey.

I see you still can't answer the question presented to you. How sad.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:07 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Yeah, I see a huge ethical issue with the Texas law. .yet its a personal belief, and not supported by history. For most of our existence human beings worth has been little more than this post demonstrates. Kill a person for stealing a loaf of bread or a King's deer.

It seems absurd that Texas would thing that such ways are what we should return to.

Personally, my belief is simple. Only a human life balances a scale on the value of a human life. There is no dollar amount, no gold bullion, no $150 bucks, no xbox that is more valuable than a human life.

Self defense (a term I use loosely, because 99% of the time you won't need it) should result in deadly force if and only if the expense/alternative is a loss of life of you or another innocent.

Simple, that is the value. Infinite versus nothing

Old 06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
That is because you have no concept of responsibility.
False: It is because I actually have a moral concept of responsibility, one where basic human decency prevails and selfishness doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Only a human life balances a scale on the value of a human life. There is no dollar amount, no gold bullion, no $150 bucks, no xbox that is more valuable than a human life.

Self defense (a term I use loosely, because 99% of the time you won't need it) should result in deadly force if and only if the expense/alternative is a loss of life of you or another innocent.

Simple, that is the value. Infinite versus nothing
Precisely.

And you're right: If what happened here is Texas' actual intent, then Texas has surely slipped back into the Stone Age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies