Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Were the Illumanati not linked to the Dark Lord of the Underworld?

One of the primary functions of the Masons was to provide old folks homes for the wives of the Masons. The other was to provide an "insiders" group to do business and exclude outsiders.
In my opinion, letting something like that be known when the lodge was considering you for membership would have been a certain way to have your request rejected.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I've noticed that the people who tall about their church being opposed to Freemasonry are usually members of VERY fundamentalist denominations. The issue they have is what their minister tells them. He tells them Masons are evil because they do not pray to God through Jesus Christ, but instead worship some devil called GAOTU.

Here's the truth: Masons make no requirement of potential members regarding religion, except that they be willing to say that they believe in a Supreme Being. That way the Zoroastrian is comfortable to sit beside the Baptist and have a conversation with a Muslim and a Shinto. In order to make sure all members are comfortable, the prayer opening the meeting is addressed to the "Great Architect Of The Universe." Each member is told that he should interpret that term according to his own beliefs.

That's it. That's all that makes your "Hell Fire & Brimstone" minister hate millions of men.

If you think it is so important to end a prayer by saying "In Jesus' name, Amen," that you would be willing to make other members uncomfortable by doing so, then Masonic membership is not for you.

If you really want it to be about devil worship, you'll have to look for some other organization. The Masons can't help.

Thank you for a very intelligent reply.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It's not a religion LOL. The first requirement is a belief in a higher power. That is RELIGION period.
Like I said, masonic secrets are hidden in plain view, even from members themselves. I know everything I need to know about the masonic cult. My own uncle is a 32nd degree mason in the Scottish rite.

Your comments are either ignorant or very very purposely misrepresenting. Of course there is a masonic Theology and a masonic idea of salvation. To deny that fact is just to know nothing at all about the craft. There are litterally millions of pages on Free Masonary on the net. Much of it written by active and practising masons. Do yourself a favour and READ.

Do yourself a favor and learn a little about a subject before you try to offer your opinion on it.
You are the ignorant one here and the more you talk the worse it gets.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
In my opinion, letting something like that be known when the lodge was considering you for membership would have been a certain way to have your request rejected.

And you would certainly be correct.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
We also had a Catholic Priest that was a "Brother."
and we had a couple of Roman Catholics in our chapter in NM, but overall, I think Roman Catholics still look down on anything that is secret, especially when it involves anything that might be even somewhat religious.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and we had a couple of Roman Catholics in our chapter in NM, but overall, I think Roman Catholics still look down on anything that is secret, especially when it involves anything that might be even somewhat religious.
yes, indeed they do, but the forget history as well...they left a whole lot out of the Bible way back when Priests only had access to the Bible, and people fought to have it revealed....

And by the way, remember all the women who were burned at the stake for having an opinion, but they called them witches...b/c they feared women who were open minded and smart?
so, they literally burned them alive at the stake....

Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 AM

Just to keep the conversation rational, here are dictionary definitions of religion and cult:

Religion | Define Religion at Dictionary.com

A religion will include some reference to the creation of the universe, some superior being, some devotion and ritual, and some moral and ethical guides.

Cult | Define Cult at Dictionary.com

A cult usually segregates its members from society, often has some charismatic leader, demands total devotion, and often takes most/all of a person's earthly possessions.

I don't see how either of these terms can be applied to Freemasonry.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Pentecostals are VERY anti mason...AOG,UPC,Holiness,Oneness...all of that herd preaches against them..I was 3rd generation MM and my dad and grandfather were both scottish rites 32nd and we all worked our way up through the chairs...no blue light for us...I started going to Church about 8 yrs ago and they flat tore the Masons up constantly...I see both sides of it and ill just leave it at that.
would you re-read what you posted and then think about it? Your comment, "most Christian religions" I am not knocking any religion, but you are referring to a religion that is certainly not considered "main stream" of one that comes to mind when we think major denominations. And I can't go along with your idea of most when you are not referring to most. Of course there are some, I would guess the J Witness might be anti as well.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
So they go to the Knights of Columbus meeting, lock the door, don their uniforms with sashes and swords and conduct their ceremonies.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
would you re-read what you posted and then think about it? Your comment, "most Christian religions" I am not knocking any religion, but you are referring to a religion that is certainly not considered "main stream" of one that comes to mind when we think major denominations. And I can't go along with your idea of most when you are not referring to most. Of course there are some, I would guess the J Witness might be anti as well.
Maybe some members of Fundamental religions can say if their church has a stand on Masonry. I know there are some that post in the Religion & Spirituality forum. JW, 7th Day Adventist, LDS, and others. BTW, I say something on TV last week that said Joseph Smith was a mason and adapted some things from masonic rituals for use in the LDS temple ceremonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies