Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Quinn should not appeal, and here's why.

Read more...
Gov. Pat Quinn should sign Illinois concealed carry law - Chicago Tribune
Agreed. Allowing concealed carry in Illinois (including Chicago) is the safest course of action for him. The delay is probably only a last ditch effort to hope and pray for federal/executive/whatever involvement, or some sort of anti-gun "miracle". However, it is a futile attempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 11:01 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Quinn is an imbecile who may be Governor in name/title but the power in the state rests with the Speaker of the House, Mike Madigan ... the Attorney General's father.
He is quite possibly the worst governor Illinois has ever had, IMO. Even union people dislike him.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Quinn is an imbecile who may be Governor in name/title but the power in the state rests with the Speaker of the House, Mike Madigan ... the Attorney General's father.
I take it you are equally frustrated that concealed carry is a foregone conclusion in Illinois and Chicago?

Old 06-07-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Agreed. Allowing concealed carry in Illinois (including Chicago) is the safest course of action for him. The delay is probably only a last ditch effort to hope and pray for federal/executive/whatever involvement, or some sort of anti-gun "miracle". However, it is a futile attempt.
I'll get a dialogue going with you when you retract your previous retort directed at me, I was just about to place you in the ignore bin.

Because a person disagrees with lawmakers is not a reason to call them names. Even though I dislike Quinn, I don't believe he falls into the filthy insect classification.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Criminals stil protecting their criminal children.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I'll get a dialogue going with you when you retract your previous retort directed at me, I was just about to place you in the ignore bin.

Because a person disagrees with lawmakers is not a reason to call them names. Even though I dislike Quinn, I don't believe he falls into the filthy insect classification.
I hereby order you to include me in your ignore file.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Criminals stil protecting their criminal children.
Maybe. People are intimidated by gang members too, there's a code of silence because people fear retribution for speaking out.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:18 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Who the hell are you to call another person a cockroach? Is this what you think of people whose opinions differ from yours?
No, it's what I think of people who use the force of law to take personal weapons away from law-abiding people, and leave them at the mercy of the criminals. Which, incidentally, violates the U.S. Constitution as well.

And, those who support that act of taking away law-abiding people's weapons.

"Cockroaches" is the polite name for them.

Thanks for asking.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
No, it's what I think of people who use the force of law to take personal weapons away from law-abiding people, and leave them at the mercy of the criminals. Which, incidentally, violates the U.S. Constitution as well.

And, those who support that act of taking away law-abiding people's weapons.

"Cockroaches" is the polite name for them.

Thanks for asking.
I believe people pushing their pro gun constitutional rights to carry guns anywhere they wish are slugs, which are actually lower than cockroaches, and I'm being polite too.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You totally or conveniently overlooked my initial statment and conflated my two statements into one related action.
I read your first statement. I quoted the second. Your first statement, at least to me, merely says the governor can legally not sign it. And the legislature would have to act. I don't know Illinois' process for vetos, pocket vetos, etc. But Illinois cannot refuse to abide by the federal judge's ruling. Correct? Their only course of action other than passing a CCW law that is constitutional is to appeal. I think if they appeal they will get their hand slapped strongly.

Quote:
It is wholly constitutional that the Govenor not sign the legislation and it be remanded to the legislature for a veto vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies