Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

This really has nothing to do with race. Look at Octo Mom, and Mr. Duggar, both are white. Octo Mom is being investigated for welfare fraud.

This does have to do with social responsibility.

While the United States prides itself on being a free country, and we don't want to emulate China, with the extreme measures they have for population control, there should be some sort of balance.

Neither one of these people have the resources to support this many children. We have laws restricting the amount of cats or dogs people can own, but nothing regarding how many children a family should have.

The sad thing is that the children are the ones who suffer. We don't want children to go hungry in our country.

I don't know what the solution is here... But, it is tragic.

This has to do with having more children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 04:06 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Black folks work and pay taxes too and some of us are very sick and tired of this kind of crap! It's too bad that some black people don't know how to act and make all of us look bad but the truth is the truth and this is some trifling B.S. It doesn't matter what the welfare budget is there is ZERO excuse to make this many out of wedlock children and expect other people to pay for them.

Some black people want to join the republicans, but look what these republicans stand for. (And remember most black people are low income workers, and many of them need welfare.)

Republicans are against raising min wage for low income black workers.
Republicans are against earned income tax credits for low income black workers.

Republicans are against giving all black Americans health insurance.
Republicans are against the US government helping poor black people keep their homes during foreclosures.

Republicans are against welfare and Medicaid for poor black people.
Republicans want to cut funding for school lunches in black public schools.

Republicans are against class action lawsuits that allow low income black people to sue large corporations.

Republicans want corporate deregulation and to let out more pollution, and since most power plants, garbage dumps, and polluting factories are near poor black neighborhoods, this corporate deregulation hurts black people the most.

(Republicans are against helping poor and low income black people in every way.)

Here's what the republicans want.

They want 0% tax rates on dividends, so rich CEO's will have 0% federal tax rates.
They want supply side tax cuts (that's literally tax cuts for rich people.)
And they want corporate deregulation (so large corporations can do whatever they want.)

Re-read the above things for black people republicans are against, I can't think of a worse sellout than a black American that votes republican.

And take a look around the forum, all the white men that hate black people, and constantly do things like call Michelle Obama "a disgusting pig" they are all republicans.

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2013 at 05:20 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
OH you are so wrong about this. I KNOW racism first hand so do not tell me I don't know the definition of it because I'm very aware of what it is and what it is not. Under the same circumstances, ANY minority or non-minority CAN make it. This young man studied hard, was determined and did what he had to do in order to earn the free ride. I've lived many years now, have traveled extensively and know MANY, MANY people from almost ALL races and backgrounds and I can tell you without ANY reservations that I personally know people who succeeded despite all odds against them. These amazing people were white, black, Asian, etc, etc.

There is absolutely NOTHING preventing ANYONE from succeeding if they CHOOSE to succeed. My Grandma always said, "Where there is a will, there is a way" and that is so true. You are presuming that based upon a person's race, they will either succeed or not. That is wrong and racist and you should probably do some soul searching and really look at the true definition of racism.

Definition of RACISM

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: racial prejudice or discrimination

Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
OH you are so wrong about this. I KNOW racism first hand so do not tell me I don't know the definition of it because I'm very aware of what it is and what it is not. Under the same circumstances, ANY minority or non-minority CAN make it. This young man studied hard, was determined and did what he had to do in order to earn the free ride. I've lived many years now, have traveled extensively and know MANY, MANY people from almost ALL races and backgrounds and I can tell you without ANY reservations that I personally know people who succeeded despite all odds against them. These amazing people were white, black, Asian, etc, etc.

There is absolutely NOTHING preventing ANYONE from succeeding if they CHOOSE to succeed. My Grandma always said, "Where there is a will, there is a way" and that is so true. You are presuming that based upon a person's race, they will either succeed or not. That is wrong and racist and you should probably do some soul searching and really look at the true definition of racism.
you are disconnected from reality if you think everyone is treated the same and has the same opportunities in this society regardless of race.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
You do not have a clue where I've lived, under a rock or otherwise. You are assuming that I am not a black or Hispanic male and that I did not go through all of the things you've described that black/latino males supposedly go through. Regardless of what socio-economic environment anyone is raised in and no matter what race they are, it is up to THEM and the decisions THEY make that will dictate the kind of life they will live.

You are insulting both the black and Latino races by making it out like they have no options other than a life of crime and violence and that is completely not right. Try doing some research and you'll find TONS of success stories involving folks of all races, including blacks and latino's, from all sorts of backgrounds, including poverty stricken, violent surroundings, etc who have not only thrived but are extremely successful.

With your way of thinking, you are saying it's ok for people to make excuses and giving them permission to not try to do better for themselves. You're saying "AWWW your poor little black and latino young men, that's ok if you don't succeed, we understand that you were raised in poverty and around violence so it's ok if you decided to be violent yourselves, join gangs, break the law, go to jail, etc. we know you didn't have a choice especially since your race also makes you less intelligent." Really????
1. I have statistics to back up what I have been saying, not just anecdotal evidence

2. Latino is not a race

3. I never said Latinos and blacks (like myself) have no other options. I said that the story posted was not proof that anyone can do it. I stated that just because he is a minority doesn't mean he faced the same issues as other minorities. can you dispute what I have said? no.

4. I never said that black and Latino men cannot be successful or that they are less intelligent. I simply pointed out that it is a fallacy to say that since this kid made it and he's a minority that any other minority can also make it.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:47 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Heres a look inside the mind of a black man, who was raised in a poor black neighborhood.

I wake up in the morning and I ask myself:
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of being poor and, even worse, I'm black
My stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
Pull the trigger, kill a n-gga, he's a hero
"Give the crack to the kids: who the hell cares?
One less hungry mouth on the welfare!"

First ship em dope and let em deal to brothers
Give 'em guns, step back, watch em kill each other
"It's time to fight back", that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead.

I see no changes, all I see is racist faces
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
Cause both Black and White are smoking crack tonight
And the only time we chill is when we kill each other
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven-sent
We ain't ready to see a Black President

It ain't a secret, don't conceal the fact:
The penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks

But some things will never change
Try to show another way but you staying in the dope game
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" but you made it in a sleazy way
Selling crack to the kids, "I gotta get paid!"
Well hey, but that's the way it is

And still I see no changes, can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets and a war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty
They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me
(And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do)

But now I'm back with the facts giving it back to you
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up
Crack you up and pimp-smack you up
You gotta learn to hold your own
They get jealous when they see you with your mobile phone

But tell the cops they "can't touch this"
I don't trust this, when they try to rush I bust this
That's the sound of my tool (gun)
You say it ain't cool, my mama didn't raise no fool
And as long as I stay black, I gotta stay strapped
And I never get to lay back
Cause I always got to worry 'bout the payback
Some buck that I roughed up way back
Coming back after all these years
"Rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat!" That's the way it is

2Pac "Changes"

2pac-Changes - YouTube

Last edited by chad3; 06-13-2013 at 04:59 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did you ever think that maybe the Asian kid's Parents (two of them) actually care about the kid doing homework? Being successful, actually become involved with their lives. From what I've seen the biggest hurdle most of these kids face is their own family or lack thereof.
ok. and I listed that as one of the challenges black and latino young people are far more likely to face. however, simply observing that many black and latino young people do not live in two parent homes does nothing to help the children who are already living in these circumstances. wagging our collective fingers at the mothers saying, " you should've married your baby daddy", is not the answer for the children who didn't create these circumstances.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What is sad, race aside, when we see these types of headlines, we already know what ethnicity the person is, same as we know the ethnicity of this young man.... Guess, before you click the link... He won 9 full ride scholarships
NBC Los Angeles : Teen Gets Full Rides to 9 Elite Schools

How can we change this?
N. Korea was not my first guess although I did have the correct continent.

"We" did not cause this kid's outcome. He and his mom have different values and made different choices.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
I LOVE THIS Jasper!!!! This is solid proof that cannot be argued by ANYONE!!!! Here is a minority who against ALL odds made the conscious decision to succeed regardless of any obstacle put in his way. He did not blame others for the rotten hand that was dealt to him, he could have used that rotten hand as an excuse to just give up but he didn't. This youngster will indeed go very far in life and I've no doubt that he will pay it forward to others just like him.

The family immigrated to the U.S. The father abandoned his wife and 3 children. They have been on public assistance, ever since. The " safety net" provided food and shelter. Public education and hard work provided opportunity. The N. Korean moms I have known make learning their child's only priority. They have high expectations of their sons and failure is not an option. The children generally don't disappoint their parents.

The odds do not favor a child (or 15) of someone who insists " someone has to pay for this" .

Old 06-13-2013, 05:30 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Uh no I didn't. I thought he might be black.

100 Black Men of America, Inc.

Just because those particular black people are screw ups doesn't make ALL black people screw ups.

If you can't understand that then guess what? You're a racist!
Let just say 95% are, the 95% that voted for Obama. Obama could have done so much but failed miserably.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies