Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 11:27 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So What do the pro-life, anti-sex education (Pro Abstinence Only), anti-birth control folks have to say about this?

Deadbeat Dad Fathers 22 Children By 14 Women - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

He would have to work 3-4 full time jobs a day, in order to catch up on his back child support payments, yet he spends his money on the Lottery; not counting to STAY current with his child support payments.

Bet that all 22 children and mothers are living on welfare or some sort of government support.
Toss his butt in jail. He's just a bum.

The women KNEW what they were doing; most of them that is. Unless they were raped; too bad for their bad choices. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I blame the women and the welfare state for this sad state if affairs
So the welfare state allowed this guy to go out and have 22 kids? How did that happen?

Seems to me that his guy was gonna go out and fornicate his way to a record whether there is welfare, condoms, birth control pills, abortion, adoption, or dead-beat dad laws.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Years ago where I work we had a problem with safety. It was decided that more safety education was needed. WE already did a ton of training. So we did more. As I expected and the college grads didn't was nothing changed.
The root problem wasn't lack of knowledge or training.
The root cause was individual choices.
14 women made the choice to bed a scum bag.obviously a few of them more than once. You can't fix stupid nor ignorant. As long as the system and society are willing to make excuses then it will continue.
The father obviously isn't making child support payments. The women keep having children.
We get what the community accepts. The sad thing is that the children will go on to be much like their parents and will repeat the mistakes of the parents.

I suspect what you say is true. I imagine that one could have driven to these women's houses and given them condoms, birth control pills, etc., and they would have ignored them. The man, of course, is creepy, believing that he has done the World a service by spreading his genes around.

I imagine that most of these women got 'free' medical services in the county hospital. Perhaps if said women were told, at the outset, that if they got pregnant they have to deliver at home, with no drugs (legal!) or attendants, then they would have thought twice about the situation.

Sadly, it all goes back to: what do we (society) do about the children? Let them starve? Well, that may give future mothers pause, but we do not allow that. We (society) have decided to not visit the sins of the 'parents' on the innocent children.

It is a situation with no solution, unless we (society) are willing to entertain involuntary sterilization of such men (which may be a good idea: you would need a trial by jury, etc). Heck, we used to sterilize 'idiots' and such, and this man fits that bill.

This topic has made my lunch hour sad. I shall go read the Onion for a while.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
do you think that if these women had more sex education, it would have prevented them from having unprotected sex with a criminal? I think you are overestimating these woman.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Does the OP think that all people against abortion also believe in abstinence only and oppose sex education? I haven't seen a poll on this. But my instinct is that the vast majority of people think sex education is a good thing. People will argue what sex education should include, but they aren't against it.

I think abortion is a crime against humanity. But I think every person should understand "sex" and should have access to contraception.

The case cited by the OP is sad in so many ways. Why did so many women choose to have babies with this man, who is likely incapable of helping the mothers support these children? This man was not an NBA basketball player making millions per year.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I suspect what you say is true. I imagine that one could have driven to these women's houses and given them condoms, birth control pills, etc., and they would have ignored them. The man, of course, is creepy, believing that he has done the World a service by spreading his genes around.

I imagine that most of these women got 'free' medical services in the county hospital. Perhaps if said women were told, at the outset, that if they got pregnant they have to deliver at home, with no drugs (legal!) or attendants, then they would have thought twice about the situation.

Sadly, it all goes back to: what do we (society) do about the children? Let them starve? Well, that may give future mothers pause, but we do not allow that. We (society) have decided to not visit the sins of the 'parents' on the innocent children.

It is a situation with no solution, unless we (society) are willing to entertain involuntary sterilization of such men (which may be a good idea: you would need a trial by jury, etc). Heck, we used to sterilize 'idiots' and such, and this man fits that bill.

This topic has made my lunch hour sad. I shall go read the Onion for a while.
I would have no issue with forced sterilization of both participants. The question would be the criteria to make the decision. 3 kids 3 moms? 3 kids 1 mom? etc.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:52 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Toss his butt in jail. He's just a bum.

The women KNEW what they were doing; most of them that is. Unless they were raped; too bad for their bad choices. Sheesh!
Jail is a bit too harsh. Sure he made some mistakes, but I don't think jail is the answer.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:53 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
I think my opinion on this is readily apparent in my first sentence of the post. If sex education, free birth control and medical services were readily available and easily accessible, then we wouldn't have a situation where a man can have 22 children with 14 women, all dependent on the government now and him stuck with thousands of dollars of child support payments that he will never be able to pay IN HIS life time.
So you think that the reason this donkey fathered 22 children was because he wasn't educated about sex, couldn't afford a 50 cent condom, and neither he nor any of the 14 hos could access medical care?

Seriously?!?!?!?

Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
So What do the pro-life, anti-sex education (Pro Abstinence Only), anti-birth control folks have to say about this?

Deadbeat Dad Fathers 22 Children By 14 Women - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

He would have to work 3-4 full time jobs a day, in order to catch up on his back child support payments, yet he spends his money on the Lottery; not counting to STAY current with his child support payments.

Bet that all 22 children and mothers are living on welfare or some sort of government support.
Immoral and wrong? Yes absolutely! But you're jumping to a lot of wrong conclusions:
1.) The man actually wanted all 22 kids. It wasn't an accident. It wasn't a, "I don't feel like wearing a condom" or "we couldn't afford birth control" moment. He was actively trying to cause every single one of those pregnancies. So no, sex education and birth control are not the issue.
2.) Bigger question: What kind of idiot woman sleeps with a man who has children by other women? I'd have liked to hear from all of the women involved. It certainly sounds like they knew what was going on, but maybe I'm wrong.
3.) The man knows perfectly well that there will be no consequences for him failing to support his children and that government welfare will do it for him. Throwing him in jail doesn't help his kids, so what do you do?
4.) This makes a very strong case for marriage and fidelity -- two core values that society seems to be losing track of rapidly. Why aren't we doing more to promote both values whenever, wherever and however possible??

Old 06-07-2013, 12:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So you think that the reason this donkey fathered 22 children was because he wasn't educated about sex, couldn't afford a 50 cent condom, and neither he nor any of the 14 hos could access medical care?

Seriously?!?!?!?
Do condoms only cost 50 cents??? Man I'm old. I used to pay 15.00$ for a 3 box of Trojan mangnum XXLs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies