Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Did you ever notice that when you try and call some of these people out on what they THINK they know, they just start ignoring you and not replying to your questions? When you don't get an answer, you know you've won! I take silence as an admission of ignorance.

It's a shame, a real pity, that so many have an opinion on this subject about banning this or banning that, and so few actually have the slightest clue what they're talking about. They want to ban something they couldn't tell you the first thing about. It's criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 04:21 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
But look at the price it paid. So many people died in conflicts and thousands starved to death.

Heck, if you want to join a group like the Branch Davidians (that didn't end too well) and fight law enforcement, be my guest. I am pretty content living in this country and fighting the government the old fashioned way..protesting, writing letters, voting, etc., When I get sick of it, I'll move somewhere else.

we don't want to fight, we want our government to follow the laws that restrict its power over us..

you are aware the Branch Dravidians were massacred right?

please tell me how I am not seeing what I am see, a group of thugs with badges trapped people in a basement, using tanks to bring down the house above them, and then set fire to the building. and for what? a $200 NFA tax that they did not have to pay, and if they did they could not be able to pay under the Hughes amendment to the firearm owners protection act? and yet we are the bad guys? were are the great threat to law and order?

The ATF is nothing more the American version of the SS

don't think we are not willing to fight, we will, we are trying to make our case, but then again when you are being demonized in the media, in DC and every other statist with a antithetical view of freedom it makes it very hard...you are pushing us into to a line in the sand..we will not comply with your laws, we will fight, we will win.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
It's ignorant to want someone to prove the stuff they pull out of their backside? Oh wait ... you're a gun fetishist. You don't need proof because the stuff the NRA makes up and tells you to say is good enough for you.
they don't make anything up..we base everything we say on facts, information and reason, not emotion.

what has the NRA said that is made or or laid about?

Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
You might have not mention the persons wanted could have turned themselfs in or what they had said they would do. Remember that the nut in this case had done exactly that in past and was not taken seriously.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
To what point? As I wrote earlier, owning a handgun or a rifle won't protect an individual from an army or even a police force. So, according to you, the Tsarnaev brothers were in their right to have grenades and bombs? I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it sounds as if that's what you're saying.

really? it cant? please google a handgun against an army

Western Rifle Shooters Association: Vanderboegh: A Handgun Against An Army - Ten Years After

they had a right to own what ever they wanted..that being said their rights ended the second they set off their bombs in a crowed of people

I don't want anyone in the government tracking my internet activity or phone calls. I don't like any invasion of privacy. However, people can't have it both ways. On the one hand, I hear people complaining that "the FBI sure dropped the ball," referring to the Boston Marathon attacks. But the same people are upset that government agencies like the NSA are tracking cell phone data.

they have spent over 900,000,000,000 since 9/11 and for what? are we safer? no? are we freer? that being said if you are willing to trade your freedom for the myth of security you deserve neither, when has any government ever given us such power? I want an answer.

Before someone tells me this is off-topic, I want to tie in what I just wrote to owning weapons. I do not believe, at least at this writing, that our government is trying to take away our right to own guns. Any reasonable person knows that if you own a pistol, shotgun, rifle and are a law abiding citizen, you have nothing to worry about. The police are not going to knock on your door to confiscate your weapons. However, to those of you who think banning certain military style assault weapons or high capacity magazines is stomping on our 2nd Amendment, please tell me where it should stop? Chemical warfare?
what you "believe" and what is going on are two very different things,

yes we have alot to worry about, morons in congress wanting to pass laws infringing about a right they have not right or power to do so.

"The police are not going to knock on your door to confiscate your weapons"

Fact: It did in California. The 1989 Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act required
registration. Due to shifting definitions of “assault weapons,†many legal firearms are
now being confiscated by the California government.

Fact: It did in New York City. In 1967, New York City passed an ordinance requiring a
citizen to obtain a permit to own a rifle or shotgun, which would then be registered. In
1991, the city passed a ban on the private possession of some semi-automatic rifles and
shotguns, and “registered†owners were told that those firearms had to be surrendered,
rendered inoperable, or taken out of the city

Fact after hurricane Katrina the NOPD confiscated all weapons leaving people powerless to protect themselves

please don't tell me they wont confiscate them..they have before and they will try again.

it stops where every a person thinks it should. if you want to own a belt fed GE 134 mini gun, fine, if you want to own a fully functioning A1 Abrams go for it..

the own nuke or chemical weapons argument is very childish augment
please watch this video.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM

They use buzz words like "high powered" but yet they can't tell you what makes these weapons "high powered'.... All they know is that the media says it, some politicians ay it, so it must be true.

They use words like "military" or "assault rifle" but yet they can't tell you what makes them "military style" pr what makes them "assault rifles"

You do a google search and suddenly your an expert and qualified to have an opinion.

Heres the real scoop; these weapons aren't "high powered" at all. Most deer rifles are more powerful.
They resemble military grade rifles only in the way they look, and not in the way they function.
They aren't "high capacity" magazines, because calling them that implies they hold more than intended. They are standard capacity for the firearms they fit in.

If you don't know what you're talking about, sit down and shut your mouth....

my .02

Old 06-11-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Did you ever notice that when you try and call some of these people out on what they THINK they know, they just start ignoring you and not replying to your questions? When you don't get an answer, you know you've won! I take silence as an admission of ignorance.

It's a shame, a real pity, that so many have an opinion on this subject about banning this or banning that, and so few actually have the slightest clue what they're talking about. They want to ban something they couldn't tell you the first thing about. It's criminal.

yes it is a real pity, its even more so when you see these fools in Congress..

Old 06-11-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
yes it is a real pity, its even more so when you see these fools in Congress..
At that point it's no longer a pity, it's criminal.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
At that point it's no longer a pity, it's criminal.

truer words have never been said.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
I sure hope this isn't where you get your information about the guns you would like to see banned. You see, when you google AK-47, you might pull up a page that talks about the automatic version of the gun, instead of the semi-automatic civilian version. Did you know there was a difference? I bet not.
I really don't need to know much about an AK-47 for personal use or knowledge. I was merely giving examples, but I'm sure you already know that.

Do I know the difference between one assault weapon and the other? Nope, you are correct. But I bet both of them would easily do the job if you wanted to kill me.

Quote:
Maybe I should post something at 4AM and, when you don't immediately answer me, call you ignorant.
It's obvious you just want to make trouble instead of having a civil discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies