Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:25 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
"People!"

What the heck! This would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Obama Calls Out Staff, Remarks Not On Podium - YouTube
The thing thats sad is today's conservatives focus on such trivial, childlike, and social things (such as the subject of your thread.)

Presidents both republican and democrat have a team of people that write all of their public speeches. And if Reagan or GW Bush did not have their speech at the podium, they would have done the exact same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times
Quote:

You don't seem to read people well. Yes, he was laughing, to hide his anger. It's obvious to those with open eyes.
Nope. Seemed more like he was flustered, if not a little stressed.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
How about Clinton that gave a whole speach with out a teleprompter because the wrong was loaded. Or when he did some freestyle at the convention.

Quote:
In fact, Clinton was cited when Hub Schlafly, the device’s inventor, died in 2011 for his memorable 1994 State of the Union speech, which was literally “memorable” since Clinton did it all from memory after the wrong speech was put in the device
Analyzing Bill Clinton

And Obama could not belt out a few sentences with out his? too funny.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The thing thats sad is today's conservatives focus on such trivial, childlike, and social things (such as the subject of your thread.)

Presidents both republican and democrat have a team of people that write all of their public speeches. And if Reagan or GW Bush did not have their speech at the podium, they would have done the exact same thing.
Exactly. There are legitimate reasons to criticize Obama. I hate to break it to you DALE!, but this is not one of them.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Yet you clicked to open the thread and wasted your time commenting.

Love it!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
A great speaker Obama isn't.. umm umm... flub.... dahh....

Old 06-07-2013, 05:43 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
It was a pretty damn bad week for the man...

Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM

596 posts, read 730,155 times
Quote:
Yeah. Like Feinstein. When she did it, it was against the rules.

You don't seem to read people well. Yes, he was laughing, to hide his anger. It's obvious to those with open eyes.
He seemed flustered, but he did not appear angry at all. I think it's hilarious that so many people want slap the "angry black man" label on him. People have been trying to do that since very beginning. But it simply doesn't fly because he's not an angry man. To me, he comes across as one of those people who very rarely has very high highs or very low lows, and I think that either disturbs or confuses some people. He also doesn't come across as angry and bitter, unike some politicians. I've known some of his supporters who actually wished he would be a little more aggressive when it came to dealing with folks on the other side of the aisle. For the most part, he just has a very laid back type of demeanor, and I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to acknowledge that. You don't have to agree with the man's politics to admit he doesn't fit the "angry black person" stereotype. Now you claim that even when he's laughing, it's just because he's hiding his anger. Give me a break! The president and the first lady are constantly accused of being angry, no matter what they do, say, or how they react to situations.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
He seemed flustered, but he did not appear angry at all. I think it's hilarious that so many people want slap the "angry black man" label on him. People have been trying to do that since very beginning. But it simply doesn't fly because he's not an angry man. To me, he comes across as one of those people who very rarely has very high highs or very low lows, and I think that either disturbs or confuses some people. He also doesn't come across as angry and bitter, unike some politicians. I've known some of his supporters who actually wished he would be a little more aggressive when it came to dealing with folks on the other side of the aisle. For the most part, he just has a very laid back type of demeanor, and I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to acknowledge that. You don't have to agree with the man's politics to admit he doesn't fit the "angry black person" stereotype. Now you claim that even when he's laughing, it's just because he's hiding his anger. Give me a break! The president and the first lady are constantly accused of being angry, no matter what they do, say, or how they react to situations.
Oh, Michelle is definitely angry. 0bama is just plain stoned.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:42 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Yet you clicked to open the thread and wasted your time commenting.

Love it!
Maybe one day Obama will forget to tie one of his shoes (and then you conservatives can expose him for the criminal that he is.)

Conservatives getting even more stupid than they are right now.
Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies