Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:16 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Would you quit following me around the forum? Go hike on someone else's leg.

I see nothing that would impact today's Medicare Beneficiaries.
LOL, following you? You sound very paranoid or are you saying I don't have a right to post. And I notice a pattern with you. As was said... What part of Custer don't you understand?

With the Obama administration there is one incident after another that comes back to the same thing, there is a pattern. You have entity after another going after the American people. There is a pattern and you and liberals refuse to see it.

LIiberals continue to dismiss everything Obama does. It worries Americans and don't dare speak out against it, we've already seen what happens when you do.

We are too knee deep in Obama's sh*t that it's time for you to wake up.

Last edited by eRayP; 06-08-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 02:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Btw I voted for Obama so I'm not one of those people who thought Obama was Kenyan, etc. However I do regret voting for him and last time voted Libertarian. I'm in Illinois so not like my vote counted anyway.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
LOL, following you? You sound very paranoid or are you saying I don't have a right to post. And I notice a pattern with you. As was said... What part of Custer don't you understand?

With the Obama administration you see one incident after another that comes back to the same thing, there is a pattern. You have entity after another going after the American people. There is a pattern and you and liberals refuse to see it.

LIiberals continue to dismiss everything Obama does. It worries Americans and don't dare speak out against it, we've already seen what happens when you do.

What is it that you are speaking out against? I have yet to see anyone demonstrate exactly what part of Medicare that Obama is cutting.

Yet another issue you continue to deflect while you just paint your hate in broad, generalized strokes against Obama, against half the country in general. Rarely any specifics.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
My parents were big Obama supporters and "Republicans are bad, Democrats are good" people. That is until they got a letter from AARP saying Obama wants to cut Medicare. AARP is no right wing organization and has always been fair.

Yes I would rather tax dollars go towards people who paid into the system and are elderly versus freeloaders, especially freeloading illegals. Yes I support elderly, disabled and veterans (especially disabled)over welfare queens and illegals.
People kept saying that and the Liberal msm's protected him if I were you I and anyone else upset at the Liberal Msm's protection of obama write them and blast them for not doing their jobs.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:21 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Just for the heck of it, here are the current petitions from AARP on this matter:

Get the Facts on Medicare and Social Security - You've Earned a Say - AARP

https://action.aarp.org/site/Advocac...Action&id=3291

Old 06-08-2013, 02:27 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:

ERP, an Obot is a hopeless case. No point in trying to converse with one. They're like the Manson girls, c. 1969.

Best to just inform other conservatives.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Specifically, how does he want to cut Medicare?
Specifically they are cutting how much they are giving to providers, this is supposed to be the major savings in the healthcare bill. Providers are expected to just accept it however the CBO has called these cuts and I quote "unrealistic".
Quote:
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...2010-04-22.pdf

It is important to note that the estimated savings shown in this memorandum for one category of
Medicare provisions may be unrealistic. The PPACA introduces permanent annual productivity
adjustments to price updates for most providers (such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and
home health agencies), using a 10-year moving average of economy-wide private, non-farm
productivity gains. While such payment update reductions will create a strong incentive for
providers to maximize efficiency, it is doubtful that many will be able to improve their own
productivity to the degree achieved by the economy at large.Over time, a sustained reduction
in payment updates, based on productivity expectations that are difficult to attain, would cause
Medicare payment rates to grow more slowly than, and in a way that was unrelated to, the providers’
costs of furnishing services to beneficiaries. Thus, providers for whom Medicare
constitutes a substantive portion of their business could find it difficult to remain profitable and,
absent legislative intervention, might end their participation in the program (possibly
jeopardizing access to care for beneficiaries).
Simulations by the Office of the Actuary suggest
that roughly 15 percent of Part A providers would become unprofitable within the 10-year
projection period as a result of the productivity adjustments. Although this policy could be
monitored over time to avoid such an outcome, changes would likely result in smaller actual
savings than shown here for these provisions.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yep and now that AARP got involved I hope people wake up to the fact. I would rather pay taxes toward elderly who paid into it over an illegal or a welfare queen/king.
So this thread basically is NOT about the parents, or the AARP mailing they received, it's mainly about illegals, welfare recipients, poor and Obama, got it!

Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Medicare eats up a huge percentage of the entire federal budget each year and continues to rise. At the current rate of cost growth, you will have cuts somewhere - either from other parts of the budget, or in Medicare itself, or some mix of both.

Quote:
I would rather pay taxes toward elderly who paid into it
You don't pay enough in taxes to cover the shortfalls. None of us do. That's why we have a budget deficit and an expanding national debt.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:35 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Medicare eats up a huge percentage of the entire federal budget each year and continues to rise. At the current rate of cost growth, you will have cuts somewhere - either from other parts of the budget, or in Medicare itself, or some mix of both.

You don't pay enough in taxes to cover the shortfalls. None of us do. That's why we have a budget deficit and an expanding national debt.
We need to cut welfare benefits. These people don't pay into anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies