Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:08 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post

K'naan Waving Flag ~ Official Video + Lyrics - YouTube

Great song that exposes the truth about what white people do and what we have to do in order to unite. White people in America, you have let go of that privileged entitled mindset.
apparently black people didn't get the "good voice" genetic defect. that was horrific. he was out of key with autotune. what is this privileged entitled mindset that us whites have? I am happy to hear all of your conspiracy theories on the topic.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:10 AM

25 posts, read 22,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Continuing to point out how ridiculously bigoted you are is a great first step to confronting racism, I guess I'm doing my part today.
Agreed.

@DrPeter, do you actually believe that you're improving anything by expressing views that are just as racist and prejudicial as the views you supposedly condemn?

Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 AM

105 posts, read 91,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
apparently black people didn't get the "good voice" genetic defect. that was horrific. he was out of key with autotune. what is this privileged entitled mindset that us whites have? I am happy to hear all of your conspiracy theories on the topic.
You have terrible taste, which isnt surprising. You felt that the Cheerios commercial was bad too. Millions of people throughout the world found this song inspirational and motivated them to change for the better.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:14 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
drpeter, please tell us why young black teens like to rape 80 - 90 year old white women!

Quote:
Thank you, it's even worse in the relationship board when I state that white women are overrated and that they age faster than black women. Any posts that expose the truth about white people gets locked or deleted. White people can't handle the truth.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
You have terrible taste, which isnt surprising. You felt that the Cheerios commercial was bad too. Millions of people throughout the world found this song inspirational and motivated them to change for the better.
I am actually a music guru. however, I listen to good music. the cheerios commercial was simply corny and stupid. had nothing to do with race. if it were all white people, it would have been just as bad. again, what is the white privilege you speak of. how am I "entitled?"

Old 06-09-2013, 11:25 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am actually a music guru. however, I listen to good music. the cheerios commercial was simply corny and stupid. had nothing to do with race. if it were all white people, it would have been just as bad. again, what is the white privilege you speak of. how am I "entitled?"
I think maybe the "privileged" idea he is pushing, comes from the way the left does not put all whites into a box, with a lable on it. In the mind of too many people on the left, if you are black, or Hispanic, your skin tones and ethnicity determine everything in your life, from your politics, the way you vote, how able you are to control your own actions. Apparently to some, even your ability to speak proper English, are all determined by your skin color.

Now, if you are white, you can be a Republican, Democrat, Independent, smart, dumb, motivated, apathetic, a criminal, or an honest person. They have no box to pigeon hole you in if you are white. But be a black man, or a Hispanic, the these bigots already have a label with your name on it, and a whole set of behavioral rules you are genetically predisposed to follow.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 AM

105 posts, read 91,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think maybe the "privileged" idea he is pushing, comes from the way the left does not put all whites into a box, with a lable on it. In the mind of too many people on the left, if you are black, or Hispanic, your skin tones and ethnicity determine everything in your life, from your politics, the way you vote, how able you are to control your own actions. Apparently to some, even your ability to speak proper English, are all determined by your skin color.

Now, if you are white, you can be a Republican, Democrat, Independent, smart, dumb, motivated, apathetic, a criminal, or an honest person. They have no box to pigeon hole you in if you are white. But be a black man, or a Hispanic, the these bigots already have a label with your name on it, and a whole set of behavioral rules you are genetically predisposed to follow.
Exactly, and the sad thing is that it's pretty much like this only in America. I am successful today because I rejected the ideas that white mainstream society has pushed to so many minorities. I am a human being and I refuse to be judged by the color of my skin rather than the content of my character.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Exactly, and the sad thing is that it's pretty much like this only in America. I am successful today because I rejected the ideas that white mainstream society has pushed to so many minorities. I am a human being and I refuse to be judged by the color of my skin rather than the content of my character.
you keep quoting a lame dead guy. jesus christ. also, you had better check your character. if you were judged on it, you'd land in prison.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:59 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Well, no one really wants to address the roots of racism. Everyone on both sides just wants to hurl insults, especially ignorance.

Racism is rooted in the fact that people are different. Everyone is different than everyone else. No one is identical. But some people are more similar than others. And these similarities create alliances. This can easily be seen in how you treat your family vs how you treat others. And the way you treat others has to do with your perceived distance from them.

For instance, you'll treat people from your church differently than the people from a different church. You'll treat people from your own neighborhood/city/state/country differently than you'll treat people from other areas. And not only is this widely known, it is largely accepted. Even those that argue against racism or ethnocentrism, will still promote a sort of nationalism by arguing that "We are all Americans, and thus we should stick together and help each other, to protect our American values".

The problem with those who want to end "intergroup" hostility. Is that they never really want to discuss why the hostility exists to begin with. And they seem to want to convince us that we should treat all humans absolutely equally, when that is clearly impossible. Because humans are based around the tribe, or at the very least the family. Not only do you treat your family differently than you treat everyone else. That is a good thing, and promotes proper psychological development.

The primary cause of racism is really the same cause of xenophobia. It is about culture primarily. It is about values and traditions. And to a certain extent, it is also biological. There are significant biological differences between people of different ancestries. And these differences might seem relatively trivial, but some are seemingly important.

While its basically impossible to know what kind of a person someone is by the color of their skin, or based on their religion or ancestry. The truth is, there are very significant patterns in regards to human behavior and personality that follow these ancestral lines. And sadly, if you are living in a society that is a democracy, then if those people who you believe are very different from you are allowed a certain amount of control over your life, then it can totally change the world in which you live in.

I always think of it like, what if the United States and China were to unite as a single democratic nation, would that be a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, it would be a democracy, so why not? Aren't democracies always good?

The reality is that, the Chinese people on average have a very difficult culture, different traditions and values, and since the Chinese outnumber Americans 4 to 1, then their culture would be the dominant culture. And basically, whatever the majority wanted would be done, which might greatly negatively affect people who already are in this country.

And if the Chinese started imposing any sort of culturally changes in this country, the people already here would most likely become so anti-Chinese, that you would see a significant increase in racism towards Asians. To a large extent this is the cause of the violent racism towards blacks in the south.

Look at it this way. Should women have the right to vote? Well, lets ignore that question for a second. And really just ask, does it matter if women have the right to vote or not?

Well, if women didn't change the outcome of elections, then whether or not they could vote, wouldn't change anything. The only reason it matters on a large scale whether or not women can vote, is if it changes the outcome of elections. This same idea can be applied to blacks, hispanics, asians, catholics, or any other group. And if those groups have vote in a way that is seemingly in opposition to another group, then they will be attacked and hated.

With that said, the reason why multiculturalism doesn't work. Is because your own opinions follow your culture. If for instance your religion argues that abortion is immoral, then whether or not someone elses religion allows abortion, doesn't mean anything. If you are allowing evil to continue in the world, then you are partially to blame. And if you have the power to stop evil and you do nothing, then you a party to that evil. You can't have a culture based on women covering themselves up, living alongside a culture where women dress like whores. Ultimately one culture wants to win out, and the people on both sides will be fighting hard to guarantee that their culture is the one who wins.

I'm part Cherokee Indian, and the Cherokees are constantly trying to teach people their language. But ultimately, you only want to have a single language. Not only in a country, but across the world. And since I already speak English. I want that language to be English. But what if someone wanted that language to be Chinese. Would I just learn to speak Chinese and not fight for English? No. Every person who speaks basically any language wants their language to be either the dominate language, or at least to be preserved. Because it is part of their culture and heritage. But there are hundreds of language spoken all over the world. It is not practical to have hundreds of languages spoken, and its impossible for people to learn that many languages. So, which languages have to go?

The point is, I would really like to have an adult discussion about racism and xenophobia. Rather than name-calling. Calling everyone ignorant. And pretending that any perceived problems are just the figment of a hateful persons imagination. I don't believe that a racist is necessarily hateful. I like to think of myself as just a practical person, looking for real solutions.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
I find it so hard to believe that many of the individuals who disagree with me, fail to acknowledge the wonderful attributes that comes with being black. They always point to the negative. I think white people are great manipulators. They have brainwashed this entire country into thinking that they are #1 in everything. Know different than what a certain Nazi leader did to Germany from 1933-1945. However Germany today is one of the most progressive nations in the world today. Their citizens would've voted for Obama at a similar rate as african americans voting for him in America. Two of their most well known celebrities (Heidi Klum and Dirk Nowitzki) have married and dated outside their race. How can that be??? They confronted the problem rather than run away from it and sweep it under the rug. They knew that type of mentality where, I would be ok with Jews as long as they arent anywhere near me wont solve the issue. White people need to start confronting racism, talking to men and women who are black. Not running away and going to a different neighborhood once they see a black family moving. This is the only way we will take steps in stopping racism once and for all.
I have yet to see you acknowledge the wonderful attributes that comes with being white. You want us to do it so it's only fair you reciprocate. You are the very definition of the word "racist" but you'll never admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies