Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Pushing the propagandist Krugman again?

How pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 05:35 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I more and more think that this is the new normal. It has been six years that our economy is in the dumps and it isn't showing any sign of ever getting better again.

At least soon though the masses of unemployed individuals will have affordable access to healthcare. This was my most important issue during the past two elections. I wanted to see the healthcare reform survive so I voted straight Dem all the elections that I could. In 2014, if the economy is still bad then I will definitely consider voted Republican. I won't vote for one though if all the preach is taking away affordable healthcare from the working poor.

I watched CNBC on Friday and an analyst stated (don't remember his name) it will take another 10.5 years to recover if the U.S. only creates a little more than 100k jobs a month-that is unacceptable.

I'm sorry but the affordable healthcare act needs to be thrown out-we as the people should have been able to read the details and actually vote on it. For politicians to state "we have to wait to read it" is ridiculous -

We need a healthcare overhaul but not Obama care

Old 06-10-2013, 05:38 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I watched CNBC on Friday and an analyst stated (don't remember his name) it will take another 10.5 years to recover if the U.S. only creates a little more than 100k jobs a month-that is unacceptable.

I'm sorry but the affordable healthcare act needs to be thrown out-we as the people should have been able to read the details and actually vote on it. For politicians to state "we have to wait to read it" is ridiculous -

We need a healthcare overhaul but not Obama care
LOL we the people would not read it (( % of the country would vote based on what other people say.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who in their right mind thought this recovery was going to be easy or fixed overnight? I figured it would take us at least a decade to repair the damages that were done, as well as cope with the baby boomers hitting retirement.
Who in their right mind voted to reelect the POTUS with the worst fiscal record of all time who had presided over the weakest economic recovery?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Could it be that the recovery is the slowest since the great depression because we came within an inch of having another great depression? Gasp!

It took a long time for us to get into this mess, and we're not going to get completely out of it overnight.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
LOL we the people would not read it (( % of the country would vote based on what other people say.

At least give us the option-

Old 06-10-2013, 05:55 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Dissidents,

You need to give Dear Leader Obama more time to fix economy. Communism cannot fix damage done by evil capitalist pigs overnight. Those of you that disagree will visit Gulag.

Good day, Comrades

Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
When exactly did Americans have affordable access to healthcare? Healthcare costs were destroying the financial Prospects of working class families across America because they couldn't afford insurance. Especially if they have preexisting conditions such as myself.

And Obamcare had already done amazing things for America. One small example would be my brother, who severe asthma, was able to stay on our mothers medical insurance even though he turned 24 last year. Another example being that preexisting clauses, which I had to fight extensively this year, will next year be illegal.

More great things from Obamcare are yet to come. Next year we will truly see the greatness of this legislation.
I think we should start building statues of President Obama, VP Biden, Nancy Pelosi, etc... and put them on publik property all over the country. Not only will it remind us of how great they are, it will stimulate the economy by building infrastructure.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why not quote the actual Fed report instead of the biased Washington Examiner? I suspect the article cherry picked.

Anyway, read Paul Krugman today in the Times and he agrees the recovery is weak.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/10/op...g.html?hp&_r=0
So even Paul Krugman says you're "ra ra, the economy is great" bs you've been posting for years is a lie...

Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Could it be that the recovery is the slowest since the great depression because we came within an inch of having another great depression? Gasp!

It took a long time for us to get into this mess, and we're not going to get completely out of it overnight.
Actually no.. economies are like rubber bands, the harder the crash, the faster they come roaring back.

Where did you learn economics because clearly it wasnt in school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies