Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

From the link @OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
‘‘Based upon everything I’ve seen, the case is solved. And if it were me, I would wrap this case up and move on, to be frank with you,’’ Cummings added.
So we still have no idea who at the IRS illegally leaked a donor list to a left-wing advocacy group? The case that Cummings himself said offended him deeply. We still don't know how the IRS, BATF, OSHA, etc. all descended upon TX business owner Catherine Engelbrecht, after her tea party group applied for 501C4 status.
True Scandal | National Review Online

All these open questions, and Cummings wants to wrap up the case as quickly as possible? Two things are apparent: 1)Cummings is talking out of both sides of his mouth; 2)this thing is looking much worse for the left & Democrats than we can imagine.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Proof That White House Was Not Involved In IRS Tea Party Targeting Finally Exposed? - Forbes

Appearing this morning on CNN’s “State of the Union” and “CBS Sunday Morning”, Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee chaired by Rep. Darrell Issa, revealed that the manager responsible for the Cincinnati screening team involved in the 501(c)(4) investigations of conservative tea party groups—and the man that apparently first referred the issue to IRS technical office in Washington—has now weighed in on the controversy.

The Cincinnati based manager—a long-time employee of the IRS who self-identifies as a “conservative Republican”—was interviewed on Thursday by the staff of the Oversight Committee. What he had to say might well be the beginning of the end of Darrell Issa’s campaign to lay the blame for the IRS fiasco at the White House doorstep.

According to the transcript of the interview, the still unnamed supervisor was asked, “Do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decision to screen tea party cases?”

The manager’s response? “I have no reason to believe that.”

The gentleman is in a unique position to know what actually happened as he was the supervisor who, in 2010, sent the matter to the IRS technical office in Washington for further guidance after an IRS screener under his supervision identified an applicant for 501 (c)(4) status as a “high profile’” conservative organization. According to the manager, he forwarded the case to the Washington based technical folks for their guidance so that the matter could be treated “with consistency”.
Until people learn which news sources are credible and not just an arm of the State they will never know the truth.

Propaganda is a very powerful weapon and our government has perfected the use of it.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
From the link @OP

So we still have no idea who at the IRS illegally leaked a donor list to a left-wing advocacy group? The case that Cummings himself said offended him deeply. We still don't know how the IRS, BATF, OSHA, etc. all descended upon TX business owner Catherine Engelbrecht, after her tea party group applied for 501C4 status.
True Scandal | National Review Online

All these open questions, and Cummings wants to wrap up the case as quickly as possible? Two things are apparent: 1)Cummings is talking out of both sides of his mouth; 2)this thing is looking much worse for the left & Democrats than we can imagine.
That guy pretty much said the same during the Benghazi hearings and had a magic email saying the WH wasn't involved as well. In his opening speech before he got to ask questions he said it was nothing more than a witch hunt.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,174,531 times
‘‘Based upon everything I’ve seen, the case is solved. And if it were me, I would wrap this case up and move on, to be frank with you,’’ Cummings added.

Yeah, I don't think so.

A Cummings spokeswoman, Jennifer Hoffman, declined to release the employees’ identity.

Of course not.

LOL, just trust us, he said this. LOL

Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
The scandal isn't just what the IRS was caught doing. It is also how the admin reacted to it and when the admin decided to put a stop to it. That has as yet not been explained.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Yeah, I don't think so.

A Cummings spokeswoman, Jennifer Hoffman, declined to release the employees’ identity.

Of course not.

Same with his Benghazi email. He wouldn't release the name of who sent it to him.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:30 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Yeah, I don't think so.

Of course not.

Cummings has asked Issa to release the entire transcript, but Issa is refusing.

Yes, LOL, just trust Issa, he said so. LOL

Old 06-09-2013, 02:37 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
If I'm trying to spot review applications for tax exempt status by taking samples, why wouldn't I pick key words to pull samples with the most likely chance of having problems? Only one third of the applications pulled for review and more questions were from the tea party--the rest were liberal and other groups. When you're supposed to be a social welfare organization (a 501(c)4 has to be social welfare) that does at least 51% of it's work in social welfare activities, why wouldn't you pull the applications that list their goals as political objectives? That's a no brainer. What torks me is that none of the tea party groups had their applications denied, even though they probably should have. That was ENTIRELY political, because of pressure from Congress.

It sounds like that conservative IRS manager was putting the professional performance of his job above his own political viewpoint. We need MORE people like that in government--not less.

I think we need to change the IRS rules to stop 501(c)4's from doing campaign work at all. That was the original intent of the law. The current regs set up a situation ripe for abuse and fraud.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:39 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Cummings has asked Issa to release the entire transcript, but Issa is refusing.

Yes, LOL, just trust Issa, he said so. LOL
I have no idea what you are claiming here.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Democrats and Republicans are birds of a feather.. They all lie to cover their assets... Everything needs brought out for all to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies