Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
The screenshot from the Heat Map showed 2.9 billion 'records' solely within the USA only on the day of the screenshot.

Just FYI, there is about 300 million people in the USA. That is the equivalent of pulling 10 'records' per person including minors and elderly per day per person.

Oh man, the Daily Banter is the epitome of credibility. Clearly that dispels all doubt about the program, thanks for putting the collectively outraged nation in our place with your astounding insight into the proper facts.
I would put Bob Cesca's credibility up against Glenn Greenwald's any and every day.

As I'm sure you know, because you actually read the article I linked to, there are several supporting articles that speak to what is and isn't actually possible with regard to data collection.
But, let's not let actual reality get in the way of a good delusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I would have to say under our previous and current National Security States the answers to his questions are all YES.

Nothing may challenge their extra legal powers including their right to secret expenditures on real of pretend good and services. The opportunity for fraud under a secret spending cover is obvious. This is one place the "Trust No One" is really appropriate.

PS: the person in the White House is nearly irrelevant to these agencies because they transcend "civilian" control.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
The poor fool did this for the very people who want to see him behind bars

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I do not condone the searches conducted by government not conforming to supreme court ruling on reasonable searches. But I also do not believe in a agent who signed a agreement to just decide on his own what he can leak. Its a very slippery path that can harm the nation just as much.I think we have seen example after example of ignoring law by many local; state and individuals now days. The rule of law is just as important in one instance as another. is the police officer who ignores search law that convicts a murderer a hero; as a example. Yes its good but we can not tolerate it under law.

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Everything the government does, except for covert operations, should be transparent and visible to all Americans. Unfortunately much of it, especially the behind closed doors decision-making and actions of Congress, is not.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The poor fool did this for the very people who want to see him behind bars
He's a brave hero in my opinion.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep. I had many heated discussions with people who did not, could not, would not understand my concerns about exactly this. They were all sure that the government only had our security at heart.
Of course, once the whole eavesdropping on soldiers thing came to light, that was a "mistake" or "isolated incidents." Right.

The $64,000 question.

I am as unhappy about this as I was then, but, I have to say, I am getting no small amount of perverse pleasure from all of the hand-wringing from those who have been caught "unawares."
Must be a real b*tch to have to now admit that all of those hated liberals were right back then.
Nah, because those same liberals are now cheerleading Obama who's doing the same thing. People would rather be a partisan sheep, then admit we have problem, and do something about it. You know because my guy may suck, but he's better than your guy.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMy2Z...layer_embedded#!

'After 9/11 NSA had secret deal with White House'

Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep. I had many heated discussions with people who did not, could not, would not understand my concerns about exactly this. They were all sure that the government only had our security at heart.
Of course, once the whole eavesdropping on soldiers thing came to light, that was a "mistake" or "isolated incidents." Right.

The $64,000 question.

I am as unhappy about this as I was then, but, I have to say, I am getting no small amount of perverse pleasure from all of the hand-wringing from those who have been caught "unawares."
Must be a real b*tch to have to now admit that all of those hated liberals were right back then.
Include Ron Paul. And it wasn't all liberals though.
Feingold put forward an excellent speech on what would happen. 11 years later and what he feared has happened.

Russell Feingold - On Opposing The U.S.A. Patriot Act

Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 AM

164 posts, read 197,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
How does a high school dropout make $200,000 a year in America? Simple, by selling his soul and working for the Surveillance Industrial Complex. Maybe this explains why our nation is nearly $17,000,000,000,000 in debt?

The same way immense amounts of teachers make $100k+ a year and work 180 days (pro-rated = $200k/yr).

I can cite sources, it is public information and it is a far less demanding and difficult job.

Listen to the guy talk, he is clearly very intelligent and probably has self-taught himself advanced computer knowledge which is very common in the industry. Smart people have a knack for figuring things out in spite of lacking formal education, which is why his skills are coveted.

$200k a year isn't outrageous at all, in fact I can't believe with that kind of security and clearance that is the pay for it. In the private sector, IT jobs are bountiful at $100k+ for mundane, large companies with very little sensitive information outside of financials.

Going to college in general isn't a qualifier to earn high salaries, having legitimate skills does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies