Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
The traitors are the people in government that trample the rights of Americans
And those who make excuses for the government and the sins they commit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
For a government that is supposed to be of, for, and by the people, the fewer secrets the closer to that being true it becomes.

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I did nothing wrong... but I ran off to Hong Kong to watch the damage and now I'm thinking about seeking asylum in Iceland.

Right, I get it.
You don't have to have done something wrong to be chased, ask George Zimmerman.

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. What was the motivation? If it was to show our spy agencies violating our own laws then he did right.
A crook is the bad guy, but a crooked cop even worse.
I struggle with the concept of trusting professional liars like politicians and their appointees to look out for our best interests. I can trust them to look out for their own. Their best interests and mine often are nothing alike.
Members of Congress were warning as well.
And everyone was sworn to secrecy so they couldn't even call this out if they wanted to.

All the internet companies say they provided no DIRECT access.
Very carefully worded.
If they were under the same type of court order then they were forbidden to acknowledge the government was getting records every day.

Getting EVERYONE's records on a daily basis..phone and internet.

Government..too big to trust.

79,913 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He's still in the same situation as Assange. Hillary was rabid about getting him.
You can bet Clapper feels the same way since he just told Congress in March that the NSA was NOT collecting data on Americans.

You should be more outraged at your government lying to you about what they are doing.
Your government has lied to your face about this "War on Terror".
I do not think you have been paying attention to my posts. Why do people assume a position out of someone because they make a singular statement about something?

I've went on and on about the government lying to us. I simply think that Assange is more of a publicity ***** than any sort of "hero".

Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Three cheers for the next "Julian Assange".
Either you believe that there shouldn't be any government secrets... none, or recognize that no government in the history of mankind can operate without them. If the latter is the case, no government can function without secrets then, who gets to decide who or under what circumstances such a disclosure are to be made?

Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,087,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
Seeing that he blew the whistle on the evils of an overreaching government, I laud this man. Government is here to serve us, not the other way around.
My faith in my fellow Americans is slowly being restored thanks to brave patriots like Mr. Eric Snowden.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:15 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Either you believe that there shouldn't be any government secrets... none, or recognize that no government in the history of mankind can operate without them. If the latter is the case, no government can function without secrets then who gets to decide and what is the criteria that makes a disclosure okay?
Where it comes to targeting it's own citizens there should be none. There should be checks and balances in every instance when it comes to American citizens.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:15 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. What was the motivation? If it was to show our spy agencies violating our own laws then he did right.
A crook is the bad guy, but a crooked cop even worse.
I struggle with the concept of trusting professional liars like politicians and their appointees to look out for our best interests. I can trust them to look out for their own. Their best interests and mine often are nothing alike.
There is no evidence at all that the government was violating "our own laws". In fact, it appears that they took pains to be certain that Patriot Act provisions were adhered to. If you don't like the law, then use legal means of repealing it. A nation where anyone who has a grudge or a cause to champion is free to release classified information to the press is going to find its security in serious jeopardy. However noble you may find his intentions, he committed a felony in divulging classified information. He deserves punishment.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I don't condone the administrations searches but certainly this guy is no hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies