Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
SCHEUER: I think we can reduce it very seriously, sir. I disagree with you on Israel, but—

MAHER: In what way? You’re not a supporter?

SCHEUER: I – I hope Israel flourishes. I just don’t think it’s worth an American life or an American dollar. [scattered applause followed by scattered boos]

MAHER: You don’t – you don’t think the existence of Israel in the world is worth an American life or an American dollar?

SCHEUER: Not only Israel, sir, but Saudi Arabia or Kuwait or Bolivia. I’m much more—

MAHER: [overlapping] You’re really – you’re really not telling me that Israel is on a par with Saudi Arabia.

SCHEUER: I’m telling you – what I’m telling you, sir, is I’m most interested in the survival of the United States. [applause]

MAHER: But Israel is a democracy in a part of the world that has none.

SCHEUER: What – so what, sir? It doesn’t matter to Americans if anyone ever votes again. [audience reacts]

MAHER: [overlapping] It doesn’t—

SCHEUER: [overlapping] You know, we’ll get by – we’ll get by just fine, sir.

MAHER: I wouldn’t. [applause]
Maher has to walk a fine line when gathering Dem partisan support. Just like Obama, he has to show enough passive support for Israel to get the Jewish sympathy endorsement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I just watched his show and it's not his usual BS that is the joke but the fake audience clapping BS that is the joke. I mean c'mon gimme a break. Pa.........freaking....thetic.

Then he rags on old Ron outta nowhere? LOL. Libs are getting desperate.
Considering he's a person you seem to despise and it's a show you seem to detest ... you certainly do support him by watching the show regularly. Why? He's just an entertainer and what he says in his act is there to elicit responses, including those from you. It's comedy.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Default Maher is a joke

That's what comedians do.

Maher is always entertaining and has some great witty comments. I don't have HBO so seldom see him, but he's always good.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Regular TV networks make money from advertising.
Advertisers pay regular TV networks more money for shows with high ratings.
HBO has no advertising.
HBO makes money by getting new subscribers.
HBO gets new subscribers by touting its award winning shows.
Awards are voted on by Hollywood.
Bill Maher just has to please Hollywood TV show voters to get awards so he can continue to stay on the air.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,379 times
Bill Maher is the BEST

There someone had to say it on this stupid thread.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:43 AM

156 posts, read 116,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So Bill is liberal now? Good to know... I might be thinking of Jon Stewart, but I thought Maher was libertarian.

Real Time, Bill Maher (03-23-12) Conservatives & Liberals, Stop Whining About Being Offended - YouTube
He's a liberal libertarian just like i'm a conservative libertarian.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Maher is a favorite of mine, although he's dead wrong on maybe 3 issues that matter to me, the main one being Israel.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:12 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times
Quote:
I just watched his show and it's not his usual BS that is the joke but the fake audience clapping BS that is the joke. I mean c'mon gimme a break. Pa.........freaking....thetic.

Then he rags on old Ron outta nowhere? LOL. Libs are getting desperate.
"Maher is a joke" says the joke.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:09 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
Maher is not always wrong:

Bill Maher & Jimmy Kimmel Agree US 'Becoming A Police State'

Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
This thread is not your usual BS....so, right back at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies