Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 08:13 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
NYC Mayor Bloomberg just got a gun control law thru the Nevada state legislature. Say what?
Bloomberg wants the best gun control money can buy | The Oregon Catalyst

Tom Gresham longtime gun writer and radio talk host has a good discussion of what is happening.
Listen to Guntalk 2013-06-09 Part B from Gun Talk online

It's an hour of radio, but worth a listen if you're interested in gun control. The main problem as I see it is that Bloomberg's program does nothing to fix the underlying problems with psychiatry and the gun-mental illness nexus. It goes after symptoms rather than causes.

Bloomberg is bring his dog and pony show to my state of WA. Bring it on.
Tell him to send his team up here. Lots of land and lots of bears to cleanup what's left. They love carrion. Specially now that the salmon aren't running yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 08:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Seems hypocritical to make that statement when the NRA which represents a small percentage of voters has been doing the same thing for the last 30 years buying and selling congressmen. The NRA has been controlling the issue but that was alright since you agreed with their point of view.

By the way it's the not right or left that move the country, we aren't a nation of conservatives.
It's the independents and those in the middle that make the difference.
how so? we are speaking and making sure our rights are not be limited further and actively leading the charged to have unjust and unconstitutional laws repealed

5 million members, and about 150,000,000 million gun owners, we are not a small percentage of voters and even if we were, do we still not have rights?

We do not control the issue, we just have the winning argument because we base it on facts, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
The NRA doesn't by anyone. That is malarkey. The NRA rates them and that's all they do. The Democrats usually rate a failing grade. Not always but mostly. Just look at the slime weasels in action, cheating on their wives getting 400 dollar hair cuts on the tax payers dime.. Barrel scum oath breakers, leeches on the shoulders of society.

The failed PC experiment.... This PC crap has gotta end, and the sooner the better.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Who really cares what the Blooming idiot wants to do about his quest for complete control over his subjects.
It will not be enforced. If you need proof read up on Colorado's new gun crap laws they passed.

Quit being afraid of guns people, it's an inanimate object. I have had many for most of my life and not one has moved from where I put it unless I moved it. Not one of my guns has ever shot anyone because their owner is a responsible adult and not a criminal.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Illegal guns are confiscated:
'
Yeah well see, thats the dirty little secret. Make everyone register their guns with the promise that only ILLEGAL guns will ever be confiscated. Then, one by one, pass laws that make more and more guns ILLEGAL.

And by the way, I'm not letting you off that easy. You failed to answer my last question directed at you. Since you "support" these laws, I want to know the answer, and you will not escape it, for I will return here daily and if you've posted, I will reply with this.....

What constitutes an "assault weapon"???? What is your definition of them and what sets them apart from other guns that wouldn't be banned under an assault weapons ban? Are they more lethal? Are they more powerful? Do they function in a way that make them too dangerous for civilian ownership?

Since you "support" an assault weapons ban, you should know the answers to all these questions correct? You should be able to intelligently define what an "assault weapon" is and why it is too dangerous for civilian ownership right?

I'm sick of people getting let off the hook on this stuff. They want to poke their nose in to the debate, render an opinion based on zero knowledge of the topic at hand. If you don't answer, I will take your silence as an admission that you don't know the answer, and you'll be exposed for the fraud that I believe you to be.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-13-2013 at 11:00 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Aren't you all angered that a mayor of NY wants to influence your rights and stick his nose into your state?

Aren't you angered that a super rich guy wants to use money (buy and control you) to control your freedom?

Only if they try and infringe on a freedom that THEY care about do they get upset. In other words, they aren't a big fan of freedom, they are a big fan of THEIR freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
President Obama will implement executive actions for background checks .
So you would be perfectly fine with a president bypassing Representative Gvernment and just doing whatever he so desires without any checks or balances?

What if the next president does the same and makes abortion illegal across the board?

What if the next president does the same and makes Homosexuality a felony?

People like you are a true danger to freedom.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-13-2013 at 11:15 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Who really cares what the Blooming idiot wants to do about his quest for complete control over his subjects.
It will not be enforced. If you need proof read up on Colorado's new gun crap laws they passed.

Quit being afraid of guns people, it's an inanimate object. I have had many for most of my life and not one has moved from where I put it unless I moved it. Not one of my guns has ever shot anyone because their owner is a responsible adult and not a criminal.
those dems are getting recalled..

Old 06-13-2013, 11:35 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
didn't bloomburg try to get salt shakers off all restaurant counters, geeze what a nut case lol

Old 06-13-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah well see, thats the dirty little secret. Make everyone register their guns with the promise that only ILLEGAL guns will ever be confiscated. Then, one by one, pass laws that make more and more guns ILLEGAL.

And by the way, I'm not letting you off that easy. You failed to answer my last question directed at you. Since you "support" these laws, I want to know the answer, and you will not escape it, for I will return here daily and if you've posted, I will reply with this.....

What constitutes an "assault weapon"???? What is your definition of them and what sets them apart from other guns that wouldn't be banned under an assault weapons ban? Are they more lethal? Are they more powerful? Do they function in a way that make them too dangerous for civilian ownership?

Since you "support" an assault weapons ban, you should know the answers to all these questions correct? You should be able to intelligently define what an "assault weapon" is and why it is too dangerous for civilian ownership right?

I'm sick of people getting let off the hook on this stuff. They want to poke their nose in to the debate, render an opinion based on zero knowledge of the topic at hand. If you don't answer, I will take your silence as an admission that you don't know the answer, and you'll be exposed for the fraud that I believe you to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Only if they try and infringe on a freedom that THEY care about do they get upset. In other words, they aren't a big fan of freedom, they are a big fan of THEIR freedom.

So you would be perfectly fine with a president bypassing Representative Government and just doing whatever he so desires without any checks or balances?

What if the next president does the same and makes abortion illegal across the board?

What if the next president does the same and makes Homosexuality a felony?

People like you are a true danger to freedom.
All they do and say is based on off some emotional reaction or feel good desire, results and consequences be damned.

if he and people like him knew that facts they would learn that more
n 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

until they are digging a ditch, and are looking up the barrel of a full auto M4, they will believe any lie the state tells him, his is a useful idiot.

I am only 22 but I have learned the ways of the world and the value of liberty at the young age of 14..the best things to learn are often learned with the hardest lesson.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Aren't you all angered that a mayor of NY wants to influence your rights and stick his nose into your state?

Aren't you angered that a super rich guy wants to use money (buy and control you) to control your freedom?

I think you should be.
In one way we are very angered, that he's not doing his job as the mayor of New York City, but instead he's going around and being the mayor of Every City and imposing his will on the rest of the American people.

He should spend his fortune on something else that'll do some good in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies