Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose any number of statements that best support your position
I support the Government combing through everyone's phone, email and online records via secret orders 4 5.71%
I think the government should even go further into the records of every American no matter how obtained 1 1.43%
I support them going through some of the records of American's but not everyone 5 7.14%
All American's Rights to Privacy should never be comprised via a dragnet operation. 60 85.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Funny how no one whined when the Patriot Act was started.
Is it only bad because of Obama?

What do people think when they support this stuff?
You can't close the door once it's open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:11 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

I was against it when that was passed as well, but the media in conjunction with the "War on Terror" kept me silent online about it.

No More.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
OKAY let this go into your new data bank..America is probably the greatest terrorist power in history..Worse with Obama at the helm...If you are some guy in some back water mid eastern town and Obama does not like you- He will put you on a high tech hit list...They think Bin Laden was terrible...Obama is twice as scary....and please don't put me on some stupid no fly list because I tole the truth.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

No one?
Are you so sure about that....

Remember the majority of people on this forum, supported Ron Paul, by the poll results taken here, on this very forum. Your singing to the choir.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
This current administration has proven more obviously that any rights compromised are lost forever.
Democrats have always pushed the limits of abusing laws and this is another one.
They have also proven to have done nothing when thay could have in the boston bombing, and for all we know they engineered it like the mass shootings that are going on as well, that had been a rareity in the past.
Only a stupid ass would fall for the current behavior of the government lately. but I guess there are plenty of them around.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:42 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Now ask people if they are willing to give up their rights if it catches illegal immigrants.
No, because there are other ways of making life miserable here for illegals or using US troops to secure OUR border instead of other countries territory.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:42 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:

Remember the other day, I said that in all of the years that I've been here you have NEVER criticized the left. This is more proof of my point. You are so strident in your dogma, you will NEVER say anything critical of anyone on the left and ALWAYS deflect.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Now ask people if they are willing to give up their rights if it catches illegal immigrants.
You're like the male version of Chielgirl. You guys should date.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Nope. The threat is so astronomically obscure, there is no justification.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:30 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
Doesn't matter if you do or don't support the spying on Americans. Billions of dollars are being spent to construct dozens of buildings with over 1 million square feet, 25 miles south of Salt Lake City UT to monitor every phone call, internet usage, credit card purchase. Do you feel any safer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies