Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

DA: Grand jury to investigate Center City collapse | 6abc.com

Quote:
(Quote from the article) Mayor Michael Nutter said Friday that the city was preparing to implement sweeping changes in its regulations of building demolition.
Really? They apparently didn't know what they were doing, they were taking apart the building from the ground floor up? What I want to know is
1. How did they get a permit?

Again, these people running our country are incompetent...city counsel should have never issued a permit, and as Mayor nutty, said, the city was preparing to implement sweping changes in its regulations of building demolition. They should have already been in place? What is wrong with this picture?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-11-2013 at 05:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Government at its finest.

Lefties act as if a demo crew just showed up that day and started working.

Where were the high priced city inspectors?

Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Government at its finest.

Lefties act as if a demo crew just showed up that day and started working.

Where were the high priced city inspectors?
Yup! You can bet, that the demo crew had friends on the city councel? With the machine operators prior offenses, how and why did city council issue a permit.

This incompetence is spreading all through the U.S. They haven't got a clue, the entitlements, the mistakes, the total ignorance to the laws! And, this is why our social systems are all colapsing, b/c government, simply hands out money, our money (funding) to incompetence, and these people spend our money like water on themselves and special interest groups....remodeling offices, expensive lunches, rentals, etc. But, they cut funds from Firemen, shut down Fire companies, give the police very small raises, and cut they're funding, and now the schools, cutting programs, laying off so so many teachers, but, Nutter, throws a huge extravagant, block party a few months back, didn't he?

I mean the last mayor was a piece of work and what really gets me is, the FBI went in and took computers out of his office, paper work, all his files, and nothing ever came of it??????? No Thing? But the people keep voting in incompetence....and honestly, it isn't ALL LEFTIES, when you and everyone else in this country start to understand, that both parties are corrupt, maybe things will change. This has also got to stop....the bickering back and forth, back and forth, putting blame on the poliltical affliations is just as stupid. If you cannot see, that the same things happen, when Republicans are in, I'm sorry, but people have to wake up, just b/c you voted, doesn't mean your job is done, you are not defined by your political affliliation....Our governments have been corrupt for years...why do you think America is in this situation.....?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
I found it interesting that the news media made a huge production that the guy has used marijauna. Yep , one joint the night before caused all of this damage and lost lives

Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yup! You can bet, that the demo crew had friends on the city councel? With the machine operators prior offenses, how and why did city council issue a permit.

This incompetence is spreading all through the U.S. They haven't got a clue, the entitlements, the mistakes, the total ignorance to the laws! And, this is why our social systems are all colapsing, b/c government, simply hands out money, our money (funding) to incompetence, and these people spend our money like water on themselves and special interest groups....
Then they tell the uninformed that it was due to lack of regulation.

BTW....why did the city allow the buildings next to it to stay open?

Again, government cannot save people.

It is corrupt and inefficient.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I found it interesting that the news media made a huge production that the guy has used marijauna. Yep , one joint the night before caused all of this damage and lost lives
and how do you know that he wasn't smoked up that morning?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
you don't know how much marijauna he used...no one does but the operator....he is just as much to blame, b/c he had prior arrests, how did he even have an operators license? Did he belong to a union? How in the world was he allowed to even be on the job?????????....they apparently did not know what they were doing...period....you don't take down a building from the ground floor up, and the last time I looked, marijauna is still illegal...
so, he shouldn't have been using it PERIOD. And I don't believe he had just one joint the night before...people freakin died, and you make a comment like this....people are dead!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Then they tell the uninformed that it was due to lack of regulation.

BTW....why did the city allow the buildings next to it to stay open?

Again, government cannot save people.

It is corrupt and inefficient.
You had better believe it, what does it take to wake people up....society today, is lazy, and feel they're job is done b/c they vote...just look at what is going on down in Philly? What else is going on, that we don't hear about?

Then take it one step further to Washington. I cannot believe people are actually buying the Mayors statement? Those laws are in place, they just ignorned them. And where were the inspectors? Why were there no inspectors on the job when they were doing this? Un freakin believable?????????????

Old 06-11-2013, 05:25 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you don't know how much marijuana he used...no one does but the operator....he is just as much to blame, b/c he had prior arrests....they apparently did not know what they were doing...period....you don't take down a building from the ground floor up, and the last time I looked, marijuana is still illegal...
so, he shouldn't have been using it PERIOD. And I don't believe he had just one joint the night before...people freakin died, and you make a comment like this....people are dead!!!!!!
You are right I do not know how much he smoked but the way the media is making his usage the biggest factor is laughable. The guy had a lot of experience and past employers said the guy was a good worker and they had no problems with him. And you your self have questioned why are they demolishing a building from the ground floor? And another poster questions why was the thrift store open that was so close to the demolition in the first place?

This whole thing is a huge cluster f*** and all I am saying is the news media was over blowing his usage of marijuana when there was obviously other factors that logic would dictate played a more important role that lead to tragedy.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:32 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
and how do you know that he wasn't smoked up that morning?
Along with marijuana in his system they also found prescription pain killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies