Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I thought there was a gay gene, and you were born gay or straight and you couldn't change and organizations that tried to get you to change were evil? I don't get it.
No one ever claimed there is a single "gay gene". But yes, all evidence points to sexual orientation being primarily fixed (although it has slight fluidity). Nothing in the OP dispels that notion.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She was a lesbian, but fell in love with a man.

It's idiots like her that make me oppose gay marriage.
Yeah, I'm sure she's the reason you oppose it. I'm not sure why the concept of bisexuality is lost on people like you.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Right so encourage kids to stay heterosexual like they were born as.

Also, you have me confused with someone else. I have had about one strong drink in my life.
Not all kids are born heterosexual. Stop believing lies.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No one is born anything not alcoholics or any other thing. We all come into the world heterosexual and free from any addictions.
So you've never heard of babies being born addicted. (Because their mothers are addicted.)

Babies ARE born addicted and the affects last them their entire lives. It's sad how uninformed you are because of that little bubble you seem to live in. Mercy. BTW: Many of them end up in foster care. They aren't the cute little babies that everyone wants to adopt. They are kids with serious problems because they were born addicted. Guess who often steps up to adopt them? Gays. They're willing to put in the work to help these kids have a normal life when they were born with two strikes against them.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why? Do all heteros stay with one partner for their entire lives?
I know men and women that were married, and fell in love with someone else. I also know heterosexuals that came out as homosexuals later. Maybe that means that heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to get married.

PEOPLE are people. Who someone else loves or marries is none of your business.
Oh yeah, I love those that switch sides halfway through life and leave angry, upset children behind.

Idiots.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,767 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, I love those that switch sides halfway through life and leave angry, upset children behind.

Idiots.
So its OK if they leave their spouses as long as their new love interests are still opposite-sex?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:

Idiots.
Sometimes, but the same happens when heteros divorce with children sometimes.
Should we deny heteros equal rights because of the actions of some of them?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Okay, I must state an opinion. Articles like the one posted by the OP only add to the confusion on the part of bigots, right wingers, sexist people, religious nuts, and the highly uneducated. These people have a very limited life view, very and tunnel vision. When they read articles that say, "I once was this and now I'm not," they get very confused and resort to believing their ridiculous and preposterous religious bigotry. We have to remember that these people are not very well educated, and will jump to the most idiotic conclusions because they lack analytical ability. I realize the press is to blame, but maybe people should think twice before making comments that add to the confusion of the uneducated and hate-filled.

Bigotry is not just the domain of the Religous or the right. Theres enough bigotry against Bi-sexuals ( amongst other things) on GLBT forums it makes CD posters look very tame.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Bigotry is not just the domain of the Religous or the right. Theres enough bigotry against Bi-sexuals ( amongst other things) on GLBT forums it makes CD posters look very tame.
There is bigotry against bisexuals in the LGBT community, and I see that as a problem. However we aren't trying to deny bisexuals equal rights as American citizens.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:38 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is bigotry against bisexuals in the LGBT community, and I see that as a problem. However we aren't trying to deny bisexuals equal rights as American citizens.
I think their biggest objection is using the word 'Married'. You could probably identify with that stand point better than I would having been married to a man. I'm sure it is ingrained in their heads that parents and married people are to supposed man and a woman and that will be difficult to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies