Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol basically her story supports my view that gays aren't being prevented from marrying. She followed my advice, she found someone of the opposite sex and got married, problem solved. Maybe the homosexuals on this board should try it sometime?
Why do you give a **** about the sexual orientations of other people? Even if it was a choice (which I don't think it is), it shouldn't bother you if someone else wants to get with someone of the same sex.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Ooh the undercover homo argument, that's a new one. Maybe I care about the undermining of cultural values the support of this degenerate behavior causes? Passé I know but that's my main objection.
Whether people like it or not, there always have been and there always will be gay people. How can accepting reality undermine cultural values, and maybe those values make no sense to begin with and thus deserve undermining...

Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Is being gay an immutable identity or not? I wish you homosexuals would make up your mind.

As a lesbian, I was neutral about gay marriage. Then I fell in love with a man | Helen Ball
What is with your disturbing obsession with gays?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Bisexual.

Bisexual - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Hope that cleared up the mystery for you.
So labeling people is important to you?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Ooh the undercover homo argument, that's a new one. Maybe I care about the undermining of cultural values the support of this degenerate behavior causes? Passé I know but that's my main objection.
He has the constant need to let everyone know he is not gay...Like that is some big accomplishment. Hey. You're not Gay. Get it.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
What that I do is degenerate?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So labeling people is important to you?
Did you read the ops article? It is all about labels.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Did you read the ops article? It is all about labels.
I don't know what the article is about. More like emotional manipulation and semantics... but, whatever... let's assume it is about labels... well... we come by it honestly I would say. The human species from its earliest origins has been about the observation and categorization of the known world. We are label nuts par exellence. There are labels (names) for things you will never, ever see even if you lived two lifetimes. We label star systems so distant that the light from them that we are seeing now is thousands of years old. You wouldn't be very happy if grocery stores were suddenly able to call meat four days past its sell date "fresh" and put new labels on it. When someone is talking about their husband and they are a guy you get that they are a gay couple. When you are reading an op ed or other written source and the author talks about their husband you ass-u-me the author is female. It might not be any big deal but it could be if you need to respond to that author. I love it when posters in this forum get irked when someone refers to them as being a gender that they are not. ??? how the #$%#$ are we supposed to know what the @#%# you are if you haven't said so? Why get upset about being mislabelled? But that's how we roll. Labels mean something to us. Gays don't want to be assumed to be straight. They want everyone to know that they are gay. So why do they fight so hard to earn a LABEL that will in most cases cause others to assume that they are straight? Can you explain this to me in words of less than three syllables? We didn't get to the top of the food chain by being sloppy about the fine points of being a sentient species. I submit that their is a downside, albeit a subtle one, to the coming indifference to precision and order in matters of social conduct. Therein lies the danger. When threats are subtle, they are easy to dismiss or ignore. By the time the harm is evident, its too late. What harm? What can possibly be wrong with allowing men and men to marry and play house? Not a thing. Then why are there women? Wouldn't you at least want to know the answer to that before you went ahead and decided that you knew better than 65 million years of evolution?

H

Old 06-11-2013, 11:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
The ability to attract, charm and eventually find a loving mate is far more relevant than what sex orientation you are as the woman who supposed herself a lesbian found out.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
The undermining of our culture is from people like you who want to dismantle our freedoms and put in place religious laws that take away others rights so that you can feel safe. It is you and people like you that are degenerate and obsolete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies