Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Imagine how many more records Streisand could have sold if she'd kept her mouth shut in reference to politics.
I do not understand these entertainer morons whose opinion does not matter any more than the next person, but feel it is necessary to publicly cut their own throats by expressing political views. It makes absolutely no difference if they are liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat, just opening their gob to take a side is enough to end many a career.

One thing I learned long ago is that one does not discuss politics, religion, or sex in the workplace. In the case of entertainers, they are in the workplace anytime they are in public. If they truly want to get behind a cause, make certain it is one most Americans can also get behind, like feeding starving children in Africa, or improving education, etc., etc. Never take a stand, one way or the other, on any controversial issue, because they will certainly offend a group of people no matter what position they take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not understand these entertainer morons whose opinion does not matter any more than the next person, but feel it is necessary to publicly cut their own throats by expressing political views. It makes absolutely no difference if they are liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat, just opening their gob to take a side is enough to end many a career.

One thing I learned long ago is that one does not discuss politics, religion, or sex in the workplace. In the case of entertainers, they are in the workplace anytime they are in public. If they truly want to get behind a cause, make certain it is one most Americans can also get behind, like feeding starving children in Africa, or improving education, etc., etc. Never take a stand, one way or the other, on any controversial issue, because they will certainly offend a group of people no matter what position they take.
Yeah look at when the girl from Clueless got flack for voting Romney over Obama.

IMO, ones who stand up for causes and actually gives time to it, lie Angelina Jolie I have no problem. Ones that say stupid stuff about gun rights or saving the planet by wiping your but with two pieces of toilet paper are just whacked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies