Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Try Ron Paul.
Ron Paul retired and is no longer in politics.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is true with all tests, but that test is more accurate than most.

Are you:

- Pro, or against amnesty for illegals?
Both.

Quote:
- Pro, or against gay marriage?
For

Quote:
- Pro, or against capital punishment?
Against.

Quote:
- Pro, or against "tough on crime"?
WTF does that mean? I don't support putting the guy who gets caught with a little pot in prison but I support the idea of open ended incarceration for pedophiles. So how do I answer that question?

Quote:
- Pro, or against abortion?
Against but being a realist I know all of them will never be made illegal so there is no reason to waste the time trying.

Quote:
- Pro, or against significant cuts in the size of the US Military?
Pro

Quote:
- Pro, or against legalization of drugs?
I am for legalizing pot, maybe some others. I am not for heroin or meth, so how do I answer that question?

Quote:
The question you quote is probably the toughest question in the test, and almost deserves a whole new thread.
Few of them are yes or no answers without further context.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why does the purple quadrant contain no one?
Who do you think should be there? Chuck Baldwin, who I voted for in 2008, who is a Christian constitutionalist, ends up very high on right/authoritarian corner. Such people believe in law and order, strong military and anti-drug, strict conservative social values, so you can't avoid coming across as an authoritarian.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Who do you think should be there? Chuck Baldwin, who I voted for in 2008, who is a Christian constitutionalist, ends up very high on right/authoritarian corner.
That's not the purple quadrant.

And I think it should be obvious to everyone by now that those who believe in economic and social freedom (purple quadrant) are most definitely NOT represented by political or social leaders, as NOT A SINGLE ONE is charted in the purple quadrant.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Both. (amnesty)
Both?

Quote:
For (gay marriage)
Liberal/libertarian

Quote:
Against. (capital punishment)
Liberal

Quote:
WTF does that mean? I don't support putting the guy who gets caught with a little pot in prison but I support the idea of open ended incarceration for pedophiles. So how do I answer that question?
Do you believe on tough sentencing, or second chances and rehabilitation?

Quote:
Against but being a realist I know all of them will never be made illegal so there is no reason to waste the time trying. (abortrion)
Conservative

Quote:
Pro (siginificant cuts in military)
Liberal/libertarian

Quote:
I am for legalizing pot, maybe some others. I am not for heroin or meth, so how do I answer that question?
Liberal/libertarian

You are more liberal than conservative on social issues.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
That's not the purple quadrant.

And I think it should be obvious to everyone by now that those who believe in economic and social freedom (purple quadrant) are most definitely NOT represented by political or social leaders, as NOT A SINGLE ONE is charted in the purple quadrant.
I know. I asked who do you think should be there? Economy goes horizonatlly, and social issues vertically. You ask the right question: why aren't there any current politicians in that area?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
This is a guy who's richer and smarter than any of the neo-proggy tough guys will ever be.

Steve Wozniak: Snowden

Old 06-26-2013, 01:06 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
It put Stalin in the top left corner, which is where a totalitarian/authoritarian communist belongs, and where you yourself put him yesterday.
Of course I consider him an authoritarian, but that doesn't change the fact that if he took the test he would have been to the middle left. That is because Stalin was anti-religious, hence he would not have come that high up.

So why is placed in the upper right corner, if the test would have never put him there.

Quote:
You cannot take it for someone else, unless you assume how they would answer. I'd say Obama, Romney and Bush would not be too far apart on the chart.
And they wasn't. But they weren't up in the upper right corner among extremists.

Quote:
If you answered the question honestly, there is no way a conservative would end up in the left corner.
Yes there is.
Question, should economic civilisation serve humanity or coperations.
- Duh. of course it should serve humanity. That doesn't mean left wing policies are serving humanity any better.
Question, Because corporations cannot be trusted to voluntarily protect the environment, they require regulation.
- Of course companies require regulation. All countries have regulation to protect the enviroment.
Question, Governments should penalise businesses that mislead the public.
- Of course they should.

And so and so on.

Questions like these is why people get in the left quadrant, because hardly anyone is going to say the right wing answer. And politicians wouldn't answer any differently.

But the politicians never takes the test, and they don't even take the test for them. Hence, their test results has no relationship with where they put politicians.

Quote:
I meant they end up in the top right quarter, higher than me, but not the corner. You'd have to be an extremist to be in any corner.
I know, and I am telling you. You are wrong. Every single time masses take the test republicans do not get higher than you.

Last edited by Camlon; 06-26-2013 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
So I was LOLing at the guy who claimed he put in results for Obama and got something in the middle, around Libertarian... so I tried it myself, putting in answers that most closely matched what Obama has done in office... here is what I got:

Looks correct, because it's pretty close to fascism, which is accurate.

I would like to see what kind of ridiculous answers you put for Obama. Did you put down that he believes in astrology, hates gays, hate sex before marriage, against abortion, against abstract art, believes the mum should stay home, believe in death penalty, and believes in eye for eye. If you didn't there is no way he will get up there.

I reccomend you use a third party site to find what Obama thinks, and not your extremly biased evaluation. Barack Obama on the Issues

Last edited by Camlon; 06-26-2013 at 01:31 PM..

Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
As did mine. Exactly between center and right, and even further down in the Libertarian half than yours.

Which is exactly why I find myself at odds with nearly all those graphed below. Maybe we're just a different breed...

Why does the purple quadrant contain no one?
Because the ones who made the test put all the politicians up there to make people think. Oh.. wow, I am really to the left of the politicians.

But they never let the politicians take the test, or take it for them, they just put them there abritarely.

To show how biased it is, I found a survey on a South African forum where they took the political test. As we know South Africans voted for Jacob Zuma and he is the left wing alternative. But still, we end up getting this.

Last edited by Camlon; 06-26-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies