Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I'm curious...

How can a taxpaying citizen be guilty of "Theft of Government Property" when that government property was paid for with money STOLEN by the government from the taxpaying citizen?

Is it that government has property rights, but a taxpaying citizen (the ultimate power of government) has no property rights?

I know how they attempt to justify the insanity, but I think it is wrong headed. Again... just my ramblings.
Can't by the Constitution. But that doesn't matter to this CORPORATION government. They don't have to abide, they have Maritime Law on their side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Shoplifting, clear and simple.

Unless, he was just borrowing.

I think he was just borrowing and planned to return the merchandise.

Matter of fact, he has returned some of the merchandise.
He took 41 slides that were a Powerpoint presentation.(that we know of.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am a Centrist and have no idea why you would be surprised that I hold National Security as a primary necessity. Incidentally, just as does our President.
So a bunch of unelected bureaucrats get to decide what National Security is? That my friend is up to we the people to decide.

So far these charges are a very desperate showing from the appointed ones. The Law is still up for questioning at the SCOTUS. But then, if all reports are true, and I believe they are, everyone in government is compromised by the oligarchs and their unelected puppets at the NSA.

Disclaimer.
This post could have been intercepted and doctored by the NSA, and therefore may not represent the views of the sender.

Moderator cut: trolling

Last edited by Yac; 06-24-2013 at 02:29 AM..

Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
He took 41 slides that were a Powerpoint presentation.(that we know of.)
Ding! Ding!

Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
The Law is still up for questioning at the SCOTUS.

Actually, no. It would never get to SCOTUS. But just to fuel the conspiracy a bit more, you do know the Chief Justice is who directly appoints the judges that sit on the secret intel courts.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I looked at the sentencing guidelines for these and it doesn't look bad. This means more is coming or is under seal. They'd have to have a major departure (which is probably) for him to get anywhere near 250 months. I don't think there's a plea for him without accepting life in prison but I'm a pessimist.

Mind you 20 years is a lot for anyone but I think they are building for life.
I think he will serve 10 years, which is a mere slap on the wrists considering the seriousness of his crimes.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think he will serve 10 years, which is a mere slap on the wrists considering the seriousness of his crimes.
How are they serious?!

Old 06-22-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
If you go by the book I think that's possible. The two most serious charges have a base level of 29 for sentencing (United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and the top one only 7.

So, a prosecutor would take a regular defendant and knock of one of the charges, combine the other and reduce for admitting guilt. To be simple, let's stick with the base 29 above and nothing else.

That gives you between 87 and 108 months. BUT they want this guy for life or at least 40 years. So take the above and make it consecutive instead of concurrent. I come up with base level 65.

Guess what? Anything over 43 and it's life. HUGE difference from 27 to 43.

And if they indict him on top of the complaint (which may be needed for extradition) then they may be waiting to spring more there or they already have and it's under seal.

So it's the difference between consecutive and concurrent for these three counts.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
How are they serious?!
Handing out classified government secrets to China is a serious crime. In worst case scenario it could result in death penalty, but this is not the worst case scenario.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:41 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Handing out classified government secrets to China is a serious crime. In worst case scenario it could result in death penalty, but this is not the worst case scenario.
To China? It's to us. It's in the public interest to know the government is tracking us*.

*It may even be justified, but certainly there is little way of being to judge if the people are keep in the dark.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
To China? It's to us. It's in the public interest to know the government is tracking us*.

*It may even be justified, but certainly there is little way of being to judge if the people are keep in the dark.
To us, and to China and to the rest of the world. He talked to South China Post and revealed how our intelligence targets China. It is serious.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
To us, and to China and to the rest of the world. He talked to South China Post and revealed how our intelligence targets China. It is serious.
It's a serious matter that should not be hidden.

The real reason behind the prosecution is the government is angry the American people now know what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies