Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Stop spreading bulls#it. There is no charge of espionage no matter how badly you want to twist the facts. Go back and read my post #28.

You have absolutely no evidence to support your bulls#it claim that Snowden sold/gave anything to China. You think for a minute that if he did that it wouldn't be included in the charges?
He spilled the beans to South China Post. It is public information I am not making it up

Quote:
If you can't deal with facts of this matter,you are looking like a teenager
in mom's basement.
Personal insults do not make your argument stronger.

I am sorry the truth offends you.

More public information:

Quote:
Snowden, 30, has been charged with three violations according to the document:
theft of government property and two offenses under the espionage statutes,
specifically giving national defense information to someone without a security
clearance and revealing classified information about "communications
intelligence."

Old 06-22-2013, 06:34 PM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
That doesn't follow, that if you believe you did a public service you would turn yourself in if you know you would get a punishment.

Well, yes, he broke the law. The law making much of government operations secret from its citizens. Why Americans would actually be in favor of that puzzles me, it's against our self-interest.
So, I'm taking it that if President Obama did what Snowden did, you would give him a pass, correct? Didn't think so.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:36 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I noted before, the government doesn't want him anywhere near a court presenting his case.
I believe that a great many people are scared to death of what information he may posses. They would love for this to go away, but it won't. They can kill him, but he already said that the information has been spread out and has no more to say. The Guardian has only published 5 of the 40 something slides it has, and who knows who else has them.

Time for another false flag to take the ADD folks attention onto something else.

Disclaimer.
This post could have been intercepted and doctored by the NSA, and therefore may not represent the views of the sender.
Moderator cut: trolling

Last edited by Yac; 06-24-2013 at 02:27 AM..

Old 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
So, I'm taking it that if President Obama did what Snowden did, you would give him a pass, correct? Didn't think so.
I'm not following your question. If the president leaked information?

Old 06-22-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I noted before, the government doesn't want him anywhere near a court presenting his case.
Sure they do. The case won't be about the government, it will be about his crimes, and nothing else.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
Quote:
I'd have no problem giving Obama a pass, and I support what Snowden did. If Obama had done it he probably would have been the most respected President in 100 years. But he didn't, so no brass ring for him.

Disclaimer.
This post could have been intercepted and doctored by the NSA, and therefore may not represent the views of the sender.
Moderator cut: trolling

Last edited by Yac; 06-24-2013 at 02:28 AM..

Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I'd have no problem giving Obama a pass, and I support what Snowden did. If Obama had done it he probably would have been the most respected President in 100 years. But he didn't, so no brass ring for him.
Isn't it nice to live in a free country where you are free to support the actions of people like Snowden? It is the same as taking sides of the Zimmerman case. No one cares who you support.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:44 PM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
How do you turn this information of a corrupt system, where even the courts, ie FISA, are implicated over to the corrupt system to investigate? There is NO WAY they will ever find any wrong doing on the part of the government. Moreover, had Snowden so much as gave the information to his US Senator or US Representative, he still faced the same charges.

Quit licking the boots of tyranny or you'll look foolish on your knees and have brown crap all around your mouth and face.
Your hatred of President Obama is coming thru quite clear & you have transferred that hate toward your country (provided you live in the United States) When I was in the Armed Services I went by the motto "loose lips sink ships"..It's not up to Snowden as to what secrets he can reveal. When he signed with a company under government contract, he was obligated to not expose ANY secrets. It's the same when you take any job. MLK was a hero. He went to jail for what he believed in.
If you have a problem with the FISA court, contact your Congressman as it was Congress that created the court & only Congress can eliminate it.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure they do. The case won't be about the government, it will be about his crimes, and nothing else.
LOL. O.K.

His defense will be that he was nothing more than a whistleblower exposing illegal activities. It will all depend on what the SCOTUS rules.

If they end up siding with the ACLU he has a built in defense.

Even if Snowden doesn't make his case the ACLU is going to.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Your hatred of President Obama is coming thru quite clear & you have transferred that hate toward your country (provided you live in the United States) When I was in the Armed Services I went by the motto "loose lips sink ships"..It's not up to Snowden as to what secrets he can reveal. When he signed with a company under government contract, he was obligated to not expose ANY secrets. It's the same when you take any job. MLK was a hero. He went to jail for what he believed in.
If you have a problem with the FISA court, contact your Congressman as it was Congress that created the court & only Congress can eliminate it.
True

"loose lips sink ships" is exactly why countries have espionage laws. It is not up to the low level employees to decide what information is OK to leak to the press, and what it not. You DO NOT leak ANY classified information. Period. It is amazing people do not understand this simple thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies