Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,626 times

Advertisements

State by state, sanity advances.

After Newtown, gun control is making gains, state by state - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Small steps, but they will help get there ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/13/us...fety.html?_r=0
It's just a matter of time.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:03 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoink View Post
It appears that Obama is going to host a gun control event.

The Note: Gun Control Round Two Begins - ABC News
Which came first?

Empty chairs... or Inanimate objects...

Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
you are aware all those pro gun control democrats in Colorado are getting recalled and the "universal background check" bill in my home state of Nevada was vetoed...

if the "slave states" want to restrict the rights of the people that live in them fine, they will leave and take there right, wealth, businesses and skills with them..

isnt passing more of the same laws that do not work in the hope they will work, is that not the definition of insanity?

plus when we take this to the supreme court and we will, it wont matter how many laws they pass..history, reason, logic, and justice is on our side.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:58 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
It's just a matter of time.

What constitutes an "assault weapon"???? What is your definition of them and what sets them apart from other guns that wouldn't be banned under an assault weapons ban? Are they more lethal? Are they more powerful? Do they function in a way that make them too dangerous for civilian ownership?

Since you "support" an assault weapons ban, you should know the answers to all these questions correct? You should be able to intelligently define what an "assault weapon" is and why it is too dangerous for civilian ownership right?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
plus when we take this to the supreme court and we will, it wont matter how many laws they pass..history, reason, logic, and justice is on our side.
I wouldn't rely too heavily on the Supreme Court if I were you. It's expected that Obama will appoint 2 or three new justices throughout his second term..... tipping the scales from conservative to Liberal, and thus, leaving the infection of his politics to destroy this country for at least a generation.....

Old 06-15-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
All this talk of gun control has made me want to buy a couple more guns.

Sorry bout your luck pal......

Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
At this point I'm getting a bit suspicious; every time business slows at the gun stores Obama suddenly jumps front and center and shouts: "GUN CONTROL!". Five minutes later, the gun stores are packed and stuff is flying off the shelves as fast as people can scratch out form 4473's, usually for double the price the item is worth.

I smell a new conspiracy theory... somebody check to make sure Obama doesn't have stock in any gun companies...
This shows you just about how dumb some Americans are. Anyone who knows a damn thing about how govwernment works in this country would know there is about ZERO chance of ANY major gun control issues getting through the House. This whole gun control issue, it's just a pawn to take the House back in 2016..... Thats all it ever was. Obama and all the others know it won't pass the House.

Their mistake in using this as a pawn, is thinking that the American people are behind them. Even the ones that are behind them, I doubt are single issue voters, so a NO vote on a gun bill doesn't mean they won't re elect them.

In the meantime all the politically challenged dumba$$es are destroying the market with their panic buying.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I wouldn't rely too heavily on the Supreme Court if I were you. It's expected that Obama will appoint 2 or three new justices throughout his second term..... tipping the scales from conservative to Liberal, and thus, leaving the infection of his politics to destroy this country for at least a generation.....
i hope for the best of those on the court. let hope their health holds. NO POTUS should have this as well as many other power.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
i hope for the best of those on the court. let hope their health holds. NO POTUS should have this as well as many other power.
Just one privilege of being POTUS.... same for any Pres..... Sorta their way to leave their legacy I guess....

He's already appointed 2 extremely anti-gun Liberals to the bench.... we have no reason to expect any different next time around....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies