Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:07 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So I would assume that you support-
Make no assumptions. They have consistently proven to only get you in trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Some IRS employees made bad decisions and the IRS is correcting the problem, as it should. There wasn't a scandal...
Well supposedly they corrected it twice and it still wasn't fixed and Congress was not told.
And with recent firings by the President and IRS it seems it wasn't totally corrected.

Sometimes bringing it to the public's attention is the only way to get justice served.
If you can't police your own then someone else has to do it.
And both sides should take this into account.

You have a Dem administration being accused of this now.
But Nixon did it as well and IMHO did worse damage.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:10 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, well, well...

For weeks I've been saying these three phony scandals (benghazi, AP, and IRS) were going to fizzle. First, Benghazi bit the dust, and now IRS is going the same way.

"Bit the dust"?

I guess you do not realize that all three scandals are in the early phases of investigation and that witnesses are still being sought and identified for testimony?

Despite the deepest hopes of liberals, the investigations (despite what a far left congressman says) have not been completed.

If you have personal knowledge and information to conclusively say that the White House has no involvement in any of these scandals, then you are omnipotent and need to contact the congressional committees right away, as they are seeking the truth.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:12 AM

It looks to me, based on what I've read about the IRS chain of command that it might have stopped at Lerner.
Above her all claimed ignorance.
She claimed the fifth and the one directly under her has been reported as fired.
Emtployees at the lowest level claim they sent apps to DC.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I guess you do not realize that all three scandals are in the early phases of investigation and that witnesses are still being sought and identified for testimony?
Here. Let me fix that for you.

All three "scandals" have flat-lined, and other witnesses are being frantically sought and identified for the purpose of trying to restore some spark to their lifeless corpses. In the meantime, Issa is involved in a desperate cover-up of the complete lack of vital signs.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:16 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Make no assumptions. They have consistently proven to only get you in trouble.

Well, that is what I thought. When faced with the uncomfortable position of supporting and rationalizing totalitarian actions by the Obama administration, the liberal will simply ignore reality. It is easier that way, as you do not have to admit to yourself that you support fascist acts.

As you support Obama, again, do you support-

1. Using the IRS to target opposition political groups
2. using drones to spy on US citizens
3. killing US citizens
4. allowing the justice department to use the 1917 espionage act to intimidate an opposition journalist
5. wiretapping AP phone and email records
6. The NSA spying on US citizens via email and phone records

Embrace your fascism. You DO support the above acts, as you continually defend them. How does it feel to be a West Point grad who has discarded the principles of liberty and embraced fascism? That must be very conflicting and confusing.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Well, that is what I thought. When faced with the uncomfortable position of supporting and rationalizing totalitarian actions by the Obama administration, the liberal will simply ignore reality. It is easier that way, as you do not have to admit to yourself that you support fascist acts.
What did I just tell you about assumptions? Nothing in those three sentences is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
As you support Obama, again, do you support-
Gong! If you are going to ask me my opinion on specific Obama policies, I suggest you ask me about actual specific Obama policies, and not a list of imaginary and Procrustean parodies that satisfy your personal prejudice. I would also ignore you if you asked my if I've stopped beating my wife yet.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Told y'all...

Quote:
"Bit the dust"?
Yup.

That's what I wrote.

Quote:
You always this poor at guessing? State lotteries depend on guys like you.

Quote:
Despite the deepest hopes of liberals, the investigations (despite what a far left congressman says) have not been completed.

If you have personal knowledge and information to conclusively say that the White House has no involvement in any of these scandals, then you are omnipotent and need to contact the congressional committees right away, as they are seeking the truth.
Like I've said for the past month, the weeping and bitterness from the right as these things disappear like a fart in a windstorm is going to be fun to watch. Judging by this thread, it's already starting.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Issa might go down for obstruction of justice .
Does that apply here? It's my take that this is not a criminal investigation, it's fact finding.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:48 AM

You guys need to keep up with current events.
You're so busy bashing D vs R that you don't even care about the issue anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies