Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 AM

13,718 posts, read 9,049,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I hate sagging pants but I also hate seeing kids dress in Goth. We live in a free country though so yes this law is unconstitutional.

How so? As I asked in an earlier posting, which Constitutional provision would apply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM

52,924 posts, read 34,766,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Its INSANE, racist, unconstitutional, and un-American.

As the following video shows white men are allowed to walk New York citys streets in bikini underwear.

naked cowboy new york city - YouTube

But a black man is not allowed to show his underwear or the skin on his back in public.

This law was 100% passed because of racism. I know white men who get upset when they see a black man wearing his pants low.

White men can walk the streets of America in nothing but bikini underwear, while a black man is not allowed to show his underwear or the skin on his back. (this should send off a alarm in our entire country.)

Racism exists in most countries and this example of American racism, really shows me the insanity of racism.
Actions like these led to the horror of Nazi Germany, and they cause senseless deaths in other countries as well.

Hopefully one day all countries on this planet will make racism illegal, the insanity that comes with racism is just plain insane and stupid.

Chad.
WAAACISM!

WAAACISM!!

WAAYCISM!!!

come to DC, you can ogle as many black guys' rear ends as you wish

Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,754,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The irony of a seaside town being tired of seeing "butts hanging out" is too delicious to ignore.
Yes, yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Anyway, while they're at it, they could add a few of my faves, like banning men wearing flip flops, denim shorts, visible tats, men wearing braids, mismatching plaid clothing, shorts with words written across the ass, and most definitely toss in jail ANYONE over 30 wearing Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, or Aeropostale...the cops should also brutally beat these people too.
^^This, this, 100X this.

When I see men in flip-flops I want to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,557,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Perhaps you don't know the following, but the fashion style of wearing your pants low, is 100% a fashion style created by black Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
...... in PRISON because they are not permitted to have a belt.
If they weren't permitted to have a belt in prison, I see that situation as utilitarian, not as someone trying to establish a fashion statement. However, someone adopted it as a fashion style and it's permeated the culture of black youth for years now.

As I've said before, many of us (blacks) tend to think that there is one strike against us just for being black. Why add more by continuing to do asinine stuff like exposing your underwear in public? Unlike the naked cowboy in NYC, this isn't an antectodotal instance; thousands of young black men drop their pants to their knees and go about their daily routines.

Its a shame that an outside entity has to enforce something that should be done at home.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,685,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
How so? As I asked in an earlier posting, which Constitutional provision would apply?
First amendment

Quote:
U.S. Supreme Court ruling to support their positions — Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District (1969). In this famous decision, the Court ruled 7-2 that public school officials could not censor student expression — the wearing of black armbands,

Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,310,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Your thoughts? unconstitutional ?
Unconstitutional is a very specific thing. I don't think its unconstitutional. I do think it is yet another expansion of government power, gives the police another reason to harass certain populations, and it criminalizes behavior that isn't criminal.

This is all around a bad idea. It increases contact of the police with young males unnecessarily. It criminalizes thousands of young males unnecessarily.

It doesn't solve any harm that is being done to anyone, and it I repeat expands government and police power to regulate and control citizens.

Now the people who support the law don't care about those things, all they know is that a group of people they don't like will be punished, for behavior that isn't hurting anyone, that is a perverse use of government power and of the police.

Again, many of these same people who support this police state like tactic right now are crying about the US government spying on Americas.

Yet they support this kind of unnecessary expansion of government and police power to create unnecessary laws that aren't about stopping criminal behavior but instead targets and criminalizes legal behavior by groups of people they don't like which leads to police harassment for those groups over something that isn't hurting a single person. SMH

Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,985,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I believe it is unconstitutional....unless it is considered indecent exposure?

Being a lifelong NJ resident...I am totally surprised this law was passed.
That's not even the limit.

See Topless Woman? Just Move On, Police Are Told

Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,545,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
When I see men in flip-flops I want to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.
I always find funny is the wearing flipflops with socks

Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,499,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's a local thing. They can do as they wish.

It's not nearly as insane as banning sodas or sugar/salt/whatever.
None of those things have been banned.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,545,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
None of those things have been banned.
suggest you research NYC and its plan to bansalt , and the large soda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies