Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Seems like this bill was written in hell.

How did Gay Rights issues show up in this Bill anyway?
Let's see, a people who are here legally, and collectively pay more taxes percentage wise than the majority, who obey the laws, who have been discriminated against as far back as anyone can ever remember, verses a people who came here illegally, who have children to anchor themselves here; deplete subsidy programs, cause the taxes to go up due to increased cost of education in our school system, often end up in our prisons, cause a substantial increase in cost in healthcare, i.e. they have no insurance and often need considerable care and at times spread diseases like tuberculosis. These people have a considerable negative overall effect on our economy.

Hmm...seems to me, the gays should have had their equality a long time ago, and that the law breakers shouldn't have been allowed to get away with breaking our laws in the first place. People who are here illegally should be cut off from our subsidy programs. Our immigration laws should be enforced, instead of ignored. While it is not cost efficient to send them back, if they are cut off from subsidies, enforce existing laws charging employers with a crime when they hire them, they will have no choice but to self-deport. They don't belong here, and we don't owe them. Period.

All gays want to do, is be treated equal, and be able to get married. Some people forget, that one of the founding principles of this country is to treat all its "citizens" equally.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:35 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Their spouses ARE Americans.
Just like a man can sponsor his wife, a homosexual should be able to sponsor their spouse.
I'm anti-amnesty, but I would support changing the law to allow gay Americans/LPRs to petition for their spouses just like heterosexual Americans can.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm anti-amnesty, but I would support changing the law to allow gay Americans/LPRs to petition for their spouses just like heterosexual Americans can.
Edit

Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Let's see, a people who are here legally, and collectively pay more taxes percentage wise than the majority, who obey the laws, who have been discriminated against as far back as anyone can ever remember, verses a people who came here illegally, who have children to anchor themselves here; deplete subsidy programs, cause the taxes to go up due to increased cost of education in our school system, often end up in our prisons, cause a substantial increase in cost in healthcare, i.e. they have no insurance and often need considerable care and at times spread diseases like tuberculosis. These people have a considerable negative overall effect on our economy.

Hmm...seems to me, the gays should have had their equality a long time ago, and that the law breakers shouldn't have been allowed to get away with breaking our laws in the first place. People who are here illegally should be cut off from our subsidy programs. Our immigration laws should be enforced, instead of ignored. While it is not cost efficient to send them back, if they are cut off from subsidies, enforce existing laws charging employers with a crime when they hire them, they will have no choice but to self-deport. They don't belong here, and we don't owe them. Period.

All gays want to do, is be treated equal, and be able to get married. Some people forget, that one of the founding principles of this country is to treat all its "citizens" equally.
Gay is a behavior.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:43 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Gay is a behavior.
The human sex drive is an instinct. Not behavior.

Your hate can be cured.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Rubio is "done" in more ways that even he can imagine.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Humans sex drive is instinct. Not behavior.
Gay is an abnormal behavior that needs mental correcting.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:00 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A "friend" maybe? Or "the guy I have sex with"? If it is not spouse, then you are actually creating special treatment for people just because they say they are gay.
You really have no idea how much scrutiny spousal sponsors are under, do you? You cannot merely decide sponsor person X for immigration because you once went on a date and you kind of liked them. You have to document that you have a life together, including shared bills, etc., that you can fully support that person financially, and a whole host of other things. And you can still be denied or made to feel like you're scamming the system.

I want to see immigration reform, but this shows where exactly gay people fit in the American totem poll: at the very bottom, below people who weren't even born here.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:06 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Gay is an abnormal behavior that needs mental correcting.

Thanks for your learned opinion, guy-with-the-apparent-intellectual-capacity-as-Sloth-from-the-Goonies.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:52 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
The Republicans have no problem giving Hispanics work visas.

Dems want victims and voters. If they can't have victims and voters they will sabotage the bill. They have no interest in Mexicans coming here and working with no need for the Govt. That is why they added the Gay partner benefits amendment. They needed a deal breaker.

Hell, if they gave a crap about Gay rights they would be equally interested to adding the same amendments for bills that benefit Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies