Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 AM

20,391 posts, read 12,263,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What case is that? That there are nutcases out there? Yep, that is true, very true.

LOL. you are the one who just attacked all the conservative women you could name. Face it, that is what you are.

in the same breath, you would jump on anyone saying mean things about some liberal female just as quickly as you will attack a conservative.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 AM

4,838 posts, read 4,146,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL. you are the one who just attacked all the conservative women you could name. Face it, that is what you are.

in the same breath, you would jump on anyone saying mean things about some liberal female just as quickly as you will attack a conservative.
I named three conservative women. I don't think it's far out there to say that there are conservatives that agree with those choices, you can find them on this very forum. Shocking, I know but it's true. If you choose to close your eyes to it, that's your problem.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:44 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
'I hope your lily white a** gets flattened!' Sarah Palin lashes out at Bill Maher after he 'refers to her special needs son as retarded'

Maher, is another classless liberal idiot.
I googled the term retardation and got these results:
https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...w=1195&bih=557

What I'm wondering is this. If the term "retardation" has been and continues to be used by psychology, what is the who, what, when, where, why, and how of how it became "politically incorrect?" Do words that denote difficult conditions and even difficult behaviors all end up sooner or later becoming politically incorrect? I'm thinking that might be it.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Hmmm... Nope!

lib·er·al·ism (lbr--lzm, lbr-)
n. 1. The state or quality of being liberal.
2. a. A political theory founded on the natural goodness of humans and the autonomy of the individual and favoring civil and political liberties, government by law with the consent of the governed, and protection from arbitrary authority.
b. often Liberalism The tenets or policies of a Liberal party.

3. An economic theory in favor of laissez-faire, the free market, and the gold standard.
4. Liberalism a. A 19th-century Protestant movement that favored free intellectual inquiry, stressed the ethical and humanitarian content of Christianity, and de-emphasized dogmatic theology.
b. A 19th-century Roman Catholic movement that favored political democracy and ecclesiastical reform but was theologically orthodox.

liberalism - definition of liberalism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Do you have any proof that the majority of liberals agree with any of this? I bet not. Further, I don't recall any of this being the topic. For a reminder of what the topic is, check the OP, and I really doubt you can find proof that most liberals would defend it.

I'm not on a "side". I'm neither liberal nor conservative, but I do detest misinformation.
Yea, the 2000 election when liberals started the vile attacks on Palin. AND NOT ONE MAJOR LIBERAL STOOD UP.

We aren’t talking about what some idiot on an internet forum says. We are talking about what is allowed in the major media, and by political elites.

Lets just make some comparisons.

Rush said some nasty things about Sandra Fluck. Boycotts were called, liberals everywhere called for his head on a platter. Mar called Palin the Cword and where was the outrage? Where were the boycotts? Where were the calls for Mar to be off TV? This is just a single example. I could go on for days

and please dont be obtuse (this seems to be a common malady today), Really the dictionary definition of liberalim? seriously? good grief.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
No. She isn't into political correctness crap. She IS into protecting her children. It's a parental thing you'll never understand.
Protecting them from what? She's an outrageous individual, who "made it" and became popular by fighting non-existent causes (the commies, the libs, etc.) I have 0 respect for the woman, and she is protecting nothing. She's just trying to get popular again, now that people think she's an idiot, and even her own right wing party wants nothing to do with her.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,853,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why should Trig, Shasha, Malia, or any kid be fair game?

Let Palin and Bill duke it out. Why would anyone, want to bring kids into that mess.
Who said they are? Mr. Maher didn't mention one family member by name.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:47 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,210,411 times
agreed. what bothered me even more durring the Obama/McCain election is that there were liberal democratic women who were just 'astounded' and 'aghast' that Palin, who knew while pregnant that her baby was going to born with special needs, did not abort it.

Quote:
here is how the nastiness of liberalism works.

If Mar (I will not spell his name correctly) were supporting one liberal candidate, and another liberal was running against that one in a primary, he would attack the kids, the dog, the sexual organs and anything else.

look back at what Obama supporters were saying about Hillary. They attacked her for the coses of her dresses etc. They called her and bill racists. Bill the "first black president" was called a racist by other liberals.

That is just what they do.

What you have to understand about liberals is, the moral standard is the OUTCOME. Anything done to achieve the goal is sacred, no matter how vile and dispicable the act itself may be.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Yea, the 2000 election when liberals started the vile attacks on Palin. AND NOT ONE MAJOR LIBERAL STOOD UP.

We aren’t talking about what some idiot on an internet forum says. We are talking about what is allowed in the major media, and by political elites.

Lets just make some comparisons.

Rush said some nasty things about Sandra Fluck. Boycotts were called, liberals everywhere called for his head on a platter. Mar called Palin the Cword and where was the outrage? Where were the boycotts? Where were the calls for Mar to be off TV? This is just a single example. I could go on for days
Oh I get it. Palin had the right to viciously attack libs, but she was untouchable. Um... care to say why? Because she uses a lot of makeup? Because she wears high heels? Why (according to you) shouldn't the freak be attacked right back?

Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I named three conservative women. I don't think it's far out there to say that there are conservatives that agree with those choices, you can find them on this very forum. Shocking, I know but it's true. If you choose to close your eyes to it, that's your problem.
I get what you said. beleive me I get it. you really believe what you said. That is exactly what my posts here are pointing out.

its so ingraned in you you cannot see the forrest for the trees. you may not know what you are but those of us reading the posts here get it.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,524,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Protecting them from what? She's an outrageous individual, who "made it" and became popular by fighting non-existent causes (the commies, the libs, etc.) I have 0 respect for the woman, and she is protecting nothing. She's just trying to get popular again, now that people think she's an idiot, and even her own right wing party wants nothing to do with her.
Then make a joke about her, but leave kids out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.