Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:55 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,699,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So Caribou Barbie thinks that violence is the proper response to someone exercising their 1st Amendment rights. I still can't believe that some people wanted this idiot to be Vice President.
in defense of those people, perhaps they just didn't want an idiot to be the president. just sayin. they figured that an idiot VP would be better than an idiot president. are you happy with your idiot president?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:55 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,764,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Before Rick Roma gets here to tell us all what I think, I just want to say for the record that this is despicable.

That Palin had the audacity to stand up for those who can't defend themselves?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,414,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't recall anyone referring to them as retards, can you show us the link?
Maher didn't say "retard," he said "retarded." One is a derogatory slur, one is a mildly politically-incorrect term that is still in wide use.

Re: mockery of the Obama children, no less a figure than Glenn Beck has decided that it's appropriate.

Glenn Beck Malia | Plug the Hole | Obama Daughter | Mediaite

There's no shortage of conservative fellow-travelers who think likewise.

Conservative Blog Commenters Target Malia Obama With Racial Slurs | Mediaite

Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,534,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So? Hey, if you can't take a joke.. It's still characteristic conservative hypocrisy on display.
No, it's not. Show me where Palin has done the same as Maher and you may have a point. Secondly, she has taken countless jokes about her without reaction. She reacted when the joke was about an innocent child that is being targeted by an adult on international tv with no ability to respond.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,239,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
That Palin had the audacity to stand up for those who can't defend themselves?
Nah, I was referring to Rick constantly proclaiming what all liberals think. I guess he has one of those cool stones from Lord of the Rings to read minds.

Personally I loathe the woman, but I totally understand being mother/grandmother, and I also loathe the insulting of anyone by calling them a retard. (I'm on record here on CD, so Rick can't make anything up there, either.)

So no, I didn't want Rick to get in his usual BS about what I think. He follows me around trying feebly to insult me.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM

38,949 posts, read 50,859,936 times
So who knows what he really said? The article says the guy reporting the joke (Brietbart, btw, so that should raise your suspicions) was deeply offended but, nonetheless, could not remember the joke that supposedly was make. What a crock! Move on, nothing to see here.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,135,677 times
Quote:
Palin is into PC? Who would have known? Ain't it funny how PC matters when you or yours are the ones they are talking about?
Just as odd as when the PC crowd does it and then demands to lecture about what is proper. Either it wrong to bash a disabled 5 yearold or it is not. It can't just be wrong for 1 side to do it. Hate Palin, but the child is innocent.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:05 PM

383 posts, read 638,765 times
Quote:
So who knows what he really said? The article says the guy reporting the joke (Brietbart, btw, so that should raise your suspicions) was deeply offended but, nonetheless, could not remember the joke that supposedly was make. What a crock! Move on, nothing to see here.
Typical leftist.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM

77,697 posts, read 59,834,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Did he make an actual joke, or did he simply refer to the child as 'retarded'? The former I would not be OK with, the latter I'm OK with because most people still use 'retarded' to describe someone who is mentally challenged, since most people haven't gotten the memo yet that 'retarded' is no longer PC.
He made a joke in which he called Palins special needs kid retarded.

Seeing as how he is singling out a specific kid over his moms politics, it's pretty reprehensible.

If it were a general joke it would be acceptable considering that comedians have license to be offensive and make off-color comments to some degree.

Even if the word retarded were still acceptable, it doesn't change the fact that he's intentionally making fun of of handicapped kid.

I mean for crying out loud, just pick on Palin...she's a public figure, fair game and chock full of material to pick on.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,818,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No, it's not. Show me where Palin has done the same as Maher and you may have a point. Secondly, she has taken countless jokes about her without reaction. She reacted when the joke was about an innocent child that is being targeted by an adult on international tv with no ability to respond.
Are you talking about this incident, because it wasn't on TV or cable and the person reporting it can't even remember the joke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.