Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 09:48 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times

Advertisements

how i feel about it i don't care because i'm not gay and i'm not getting married
however black people are very against it, don't assume just because obama is black and president black people will follow him off a cliff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 09:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, but when I wonder about dumbsh*t, i make sure not to wonder out loud.

wish I could rep you again

Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well, with proposition 8 in California, 70% of the black voters voted yes to ban same sex marriage. Thus, there does seem to be some difference in position between the support for Obama and same sex marriage.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Polling...ayMarriage.pdf
Thanks for posting the first legit answer to the question in my OP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
how i feel about it i don't care because i'm not gay and i'm not getting married
however black people are very against it, don't assume just because obama is black and president black people will follow him off a cliff
Thats what I'm trying to figure out after all......

Old 06-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thanks for posting the first legit answer to the question in my OP....

Thats what I'm trying to figure out after all......
you have gotten plenty of legitimate answers, you just refuse to acknowledge them.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
And what is so un-christian about social justice? While I understand why conservative evangelicals dislike homosexuality, I often wish they'd get just as upset as poverty, war, and mistreatment of others in the U.S. and around the world. Doesn't seem to get the same ire out of them as it does gay rights.

You do realize that conservative evangelicals give much more to charity and volunteer more of their time to organizations that help the poor than any other group, right?

Liberal talk is cheap.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:45 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
I'm black. They pay taxes, have different beliefs than I, and they deserve the right to marry who they love. Do I believe homosexuality is a sin? I'm not sure. Maybe no more than lying or eating shell fish and I do those things a couple times a week. One thing I know for sure; I'm a sinner. I don't have the right to tell people what I think they should do with their lives. They're not trying to make me marry another woman, are they?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The chip on your shoulder is huge..! Hopefully all black people don't hate being black as much as you obviously do.. It must be terrible to have to go thought life unhappy with who you are, but chill and don't take your hate out on others...
Geez...that's all you've got? You can't do better than that^^^?

Ok...fine, I'll entertain your babbling...

So how did you come to the conclusion that I have a chip on my shoulder and I hate being black?

Boy....can't wait to read this one..

Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The chip on your shoulder is huge..! Hopefully all black people don't hate being black as much as you obviously do.. It must be terrible to have to go thought life unhappy with who you are, but chill and don't take your hate out on others...
DD was right, this is another anti-black thread and you know it. You must be pretty high or drunk to conjure up the response you did to DD as well.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:54 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
DD was right, this is another anti-black thread and you know it. You must be pretty high or drunk to conjure up the response you did to DD as well.
Why is it that any time the credibility of anyone black is called in to question it must be an "anti-black" or a "racist" poster?

If in the 2008 election, 90% of the white vote went to McCain, the white candidate, I would be calling in to question their credibility as well.......

Old 06-16-2013, 12:32 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
This is a great topic that needs to be addressed.

There is a difference between secular law and how the Christian family lives.

The fact is gay marriage isn't addressed in the Bible. Any type of sex outside of marriage is classified as a sin. There are many things even in"christianity"that upheld in the religious world like adulterous marriages, covetousness and many other things.

I don't see White Christians conservatives taking a stand against lying presidents, not taking care of the poor and elderly. They even allow the conservative agenda to be preached from their pulpits.

OP is lumping all black people together and you can't do that. OP has to realize that no one can govern using parts of the Bible as your guide and not the whole. Its best to separate church from State to avoid hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies