Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
outloud and nobody of forcing you to participate.

A muslim concert, probably not because that is my choice like they have the choice to not go to my concert.
Can you please translate.
I have no clue what you're saying.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
re-read your previous post to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Can you please translate.
I have no clue what you're saying.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse from the GOP, Perry to no surprise takes it to a whole new level,....

During an announcement of the signing of the so-called “Merry Christmas Bill,” Texas Gov. Rick Perry and state Senator Robert Nichols (R-Jacksonville) said Thursday that freedom from religion was not included in the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
“I’m proud we are standing up for religious freedom in our state,” Perry said. “Freedom of religion doesn’t mean freedom from religion.”

Texas Gov. Rick Perry: Americans have no right to freedom from religion | The Raw Story
He's right, you're wrong, I'm unsurprised.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Lol no wonder you believe in fairy tales.
Do you mean to say I'm a theist or a Christian? Either way, you'd be wrong (I've already said I'm atheist - remember? You responded to the very post in which I did this.)

Quote:
You could simply prove me wrong and prove there is a god. Why is that so hard for you and your kind to do?
I've no interest in proving anyone wrong on the issue of god's existence or absence. That's because, unlike you, I have not deluded myself into thinking that either of the two are factual.

However, I will point out again that you cannot prove there isn't a god. Therefore, it is not a fact. And I'm sure you'll let this thread go on for decades before you admit you misspoke. That's fine. I'm used to such stubbornness... though it's usually coming from Christians who claim it's a fact that there is a god...

Quote:
Prove Santa Claus doesnt exist. Can you do that? Its a simple yes or no question.
With an obvious answer = No. We can't prove there is no Santa Claus, which is why I don't claim it as a fact. I say I don't believe in Santa Claus and move on with my life. Are you not capable of doing this?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
as much butt-hurt as Rick causes to the liberal parasites here, Id say hes doing one heck of a fine job.

WAY TO GO, RICK !
BREAK IT OFF IN THE LOSERS FORCED TO LIVE IN LOSER STATES...
The beauty of Texas and all other states...is that a loony Governor just cant "break one off" to us losers living in Texas. I may be a loser, and have a loser Governor, but Rick will have to follow the US Constitution...

States can't "back door deal" thier wishes any more... as they did in the good ol days. Rick has not won a damn thing. All us losers can[and will] hold him to the Law...The US Constitution, not the law according to rick.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's on my private property, not paid for by the community.
It's in my face. Using your logic, I could argue I desere freedom from it. As long as the Congress does not promote religion, we are fine Constitutionwise.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He is right. Atheism is not protected by the Constitution. You are free to choose any religion you wish, but you have no right to choose none.
So using your "logic," what would those religions be that one could choose from?

Of course coming up with an answer puts you into a rather Catch 22ish postion, in order to have a religion to choose from there would have to be an official list of approved religions, which in turn would require the government to establish one of more approved (state established) religion(s) for the list from which one would choose and that would clearly be unconstitutional.

So as so many like to cite, I refer you to the 10th Amendment; "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Since government is barred from making any distinction regarding religious or non-religious beliefs it is an implied right for the people to choose not to believe in anything whatsoever.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:04 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Yes, it is.
Then using the scientific method, through proper process show that no higher power exists. Remember you need to verify, validate, and replicate your hypothesis to the consistency that shows it to always be true in all tests you perform, and properly explaining through the same process any failures that are produced in your methods that support that hypothesis in its position.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse from the GOP, Perry to no surprise takes it to a whole new level,....

During an announcement of the signing of the so-called “Merry Christmas Bill,” Texas Gov. Rick Perry and state Senator Robert Nichols (R-Jacksonville) said Thursday that freedom from religion was not included in the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
“I’m proud we are standing up for religious freedom in our state,” Perry said. “Freedom of religion doesn’t mean freedom from religion.”

Texas Gov. Rick Perry: Americans have no right to freedom from religion | The Raw Story
There is no freedom from religion.

This is why lefties are so wrong about everything.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
conservatives see stats like those not as a problem, but as those states having a lot of black Americans or mexican Americans. To conservatives those stats represent what is wrong with those groups of Americans. They don't see those stats as a failure of those states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies