Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:11 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Liberals will not listen to him. They have been told not to by there handlers, and we all know liberals can't think for themselves.
Now tell us what you think of Rachel Maddow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:31 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,561 times
This sums up the present situation pretty well.

Quote:
“In America, as we speak, Republicans and Democrats are at war , and neither side will ever win because they want the same things, only at different speeds and with different details. The third side will win, because there is not a dimes worth of difference between Republicans and Democrats. Both sides will accept annihilation and totalitarianism because neither side truly wants freedom.

Bunker, Michael; Awalt, Chris (2012-12-25). WICK (Wick Series) (p. 147). Refugio Publishing. Kindle Edition.
And C-D is just a tool of the third side to keep people at each other while they profit from the ad's they throw at you.

Wake up folks.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
When Glenn Beck apologizes for all of the bigotry and hatred that he has spewed over the years, I might consider paying attention to something he says. Until then, the only video featuring Glenn Beck that I care to see would feature him in a starring role as a person being brutally sodomized over and over again with an object shaped like a large watermelon. While being waterboarded.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:42 PM

295 posts, read 358,941 times
Whatever happened to that bombshell he was going to drop yesterday? The one that was going to bring down the entire power structure as well as the republican and democratic parties? The one that was going to forever change our nation?

And I'm not talking about the bombshell that was going to bring down the power structure after the Boston Marathon. I'm talking about the one he announced the day after he made the sweet little postcard video where he apologizes for using divisive language.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
From an open letter to Beck from one of his targets written in Sept. 2010.

An Open Letter to Glenn Beck - Jim Wallis | God's Politics Blog | Sojourners

Before, I thought you were just another cable news talk show host. But now, you are using the language of a spiritual and even a religious leader. You acted as though you now want people to look to you for that kind of spiritual leadership. But to invoke the name of God and the vocation of a spiritual leader has consequences. It brings with it a whole new level of responsibility and accountability. It will require a more civil and even humble tone than you are used to. It will likely mean saying some different things and, certainly, saying many things differently than you have in the past. Pundits and talk show hosts say things that divide, create conflict, and get good ratings. They appeal more to fear than to hope. But spiritual leaders try to avoid vitriol and bombastic language, and to rather seek to find common ground and bring people together to find real solutions to real problems. So let's talk about that too.
You said your rally day was the start of the nation turning to God. Many people in this country have already done that and, in fact, try to do it every day. But maybe it was the start of Glenn Beck becoming a different kind of public voice than you have been before. I hope so. And one good way to demonstrate that is to agree to an honest and civil conversation with somebody you have often attacked. How about it, Glenn?

Almost 3 years later and Beck has not demonstrated that he has actually changed.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
When did I ever say I was tolerant?
So quit making **** up.

Aside from that, since when does not wanting to watch a media personality constitute being intolerant? I refuse to watch Jersey Shore or Honey Boo Boo. Am I now intolerant of them?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Beck? Beck?? You must be kidding, right?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Beck has to follow the agenda of FOX news or he wont be on the air.
Big rock. Glad to see you crawled out long enough to post.

P.S. Beck hasn't been on Fox News for a very long time.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:49 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I searched three pages of this forum and did not see any indication that this has yet been posted. I know many people absolutely despise Glen Beck and think everything he says is pure trash. I just hope, however, that we can all at least watch this with an open mind and really hear the message. What he talks about, we see right here on City Data, Politics and Controversies forum every. single. day.

Is it possible to put the hate aside and just listen? It really doesn't matter if you are left, right or center. It doesn't matter if you are pro Obama or anti Obama. It doesn't matter if you are a die hard Republican or not. What matters is what he is saying. He isn't bashing any side. He's just asking us to listen:

Glenn Beck Delivers Moving, Tearful Monologue

AT 2:04 when he tells of morning wood and the change from adolescence to manhood, is pretty awesome.
Seriously, just start from 2;04 and remember those days.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:56 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
Whatever happened to that bombshell he was going to drop yesterday? The one that was going to bring down the entire power structure as well as the republican and democratic parties? The one that was going to forever change our nation?

And I'm not talking about the bombshell that was going to bring down the power structure after the Boston Marathon. I'm talking about the one he announced the day after he made the sweet little postcard video where he apologizes for using divisive language.
It was bull$hit like all the crap he spews.

Really folks he only wants your money. He could care less about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies