Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 05:10 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Now tell us what you think of Rachel Maddow.
I would do her. And if her girlfriend wanted to join in I would not have a problem with that. I have no problem with gay people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 05:13 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Glenn Beck, mentally ill recovering alcoholic who has issues relating to his childhood.

In other words, a basketcase.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I searched three pages of this forum and did not see any indication that this has yet been posted. I know many people absolutely despise Glen Beck and think everything he says is pure trash. I just hope, however, that we can all at least watch this with an open mind and really hear the message. What he talks about, we see right here on City Data, Politics and Controversies forum every. single. day.

Is it possible to put the hate aside and just listen? It really doesn't matter if you are left, right or center. It doesn't matter if you are pro Obama or anti Obama. It doesn't matter if you are a die hard Republican or not. What matters is what he is saying. He isn't bashing any side. He's just asking us to listen:
I'm not really interested in listening to a rant from Glenn Beck, or pretty much watching any long video that anyone on the left or right posts here.

I have a suggestion: if you think what he says is important, why don't you summarize the key points and tell us why you think he has something to say.

That's something I'll read, even though I don't promise to agree with it.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
I searched three pages of this forum and did not see any indication that this has yet been posted. I know many people absolutely despise Glen Beck and think everything he says is pure trash. I just hope, however, that we can all at least watch this with an open mind and really hear the message. What he talks about, we see right here on City Data, Politics and Controversies forum every. single. day.

Is it possible to put the hate aside and just listen? It really doesn't matter if you are left, right or center. It doesn't matter if you are pro Obama or anti Obama. It doesn't matter if you are a die hard Republican or not. What matters is what he is saying. He isn't bashing any side. He's just asking us to listen:

Glenn Beck Delivers Moving, Tearful Monologue
I don't watch videos of people I despise. No matter if 1% of what they say is correct. I am sure even Hitler or Stalin said something correct occasionally. Should anyone have listened to them, though?
Whatever he could say that is correct, others have certainly said the same already, others that I don't despise. Beck is obsolete...

Last edited by Neuling; 06-14-2013 at 05:29 PM..

Old 06-14-2013, 05:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nope.
I will not listen to Glen Beck.
As I will not listen to Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, who, by the way, has proven time and time again what a raving idiot he really is.

But I don't listen to Glenn Beck or Limbaugh. O'Reilly has proven to be middle of the road.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
When Glenn Beck starts acting upon what he wrote and stops demonizing people that he disagrees with then his words will have a lot more meaning. If he actually goes out and apologizes to those he has demonized then his word will have a lot more meaning.
I agree...the Becks of the world are the problem,not the answer

Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
I just hope, however, that we can all at least watch this with an open mind....
Nope.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:29 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
I watch Beck with an open mind the same way I watch Borat with an open mind

Old 06-14-2013, 05:29 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
I see we received the expected reaction from the real intolerant ones in our society. For all the hate you have for Beck, maybe it wouldve made sense to actually listen or watch once and a while. Hes not a GOP flag carrier. He's always going after both sides. You just cant take someone dare going after your side, no matter what.

The fact is, this country is in trouble, its been in trouble. Some of you are just so hell bent on keeping the establishment in power, the same ones that get us in mess after mess. The same ones who are self serving jerks. Yet you hate and bash Beck, who isnt always right (are we/you?) sometimes says things he shouldnt (dont we all)...

Old 06-14-2013, 05:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I see we received the expected reaction from the real intolerant ones in our society. For all the hate you have for Beck, maybe it wouldve made sense to actually listen or watch once and a while. Hes not a GOP flag carrier. He's always going after both sides. You just cant take someone dare going after your side, no matter what.

The fact is, this country is in trouble, its been in trouble. Some of you are just so hell bent on keeping the establishment in power, the same ones that get us in mess after mess. The same ones who are self serving jerks. Yet you hate and bash Beck, who isnt always right (are we/you?) sometimes says things he shouldnt (dont we all)...
It is not about whether he says some correct things or not. He is just taboo for many people, regardless of what he says. If someone else says exactly the same as he does, he or she might be listened to if they are not taboo, yet.

Ignoring Beck etc. is a matter of principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies